* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

He took it literally though.
laugh.gif

Just to let other Packers fans know who haven't seen it. On the televised scrimmage the Packers had at lambeau, Jermichael Finley was  impressive as expected, and Sam Shields looked pretty impressive. He had a very nice interception that he returned for 98 yards. He is very very fast, runs a 4.20 40 yard dash. Could be a serious Kick Return threat.

Just to let other Packers fans know who haven't seen it. On the televised scrimmage the Packers had at lambeau, Jermichael Finley was  impressive as expected, and Sam Shields looked pretty impressive. He had a very nice interception that he returned for 98 yards. He is very very fast, runs a 4.20 40 yard dash. Could be a serious Kick Return threat.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

and brandon jackson returned a kick off to...but i think thats along the lines of our special teams just sucking at tackling and *+#+

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

and brandon jackson returned a kick off to...but i think thats along the lines of our special teams just sucking at tackling and *+#+

Originally Posted by JPZx

In 2-3 years Detroit will be contenders?...
With all the early draft picks they have been stockpiling over the years they better.  Seriously though they are putting players in place, they still need a few proven corners and a left tackle and center for the offensive line.  They are a young team and have some good talent out there, they just need to finish the puzzle and put it all together.  A few years ago the Vikings weren't contenders and look what they did.  The hate on the Lions in this thread is stupid, sure they have sucked the past several years but to say they aren't putting the right pieces in place and that they aren't going anywhere is just ignorant.  Plus everyone knows the Bears are going to finish last in the division this year, Cutler has already made that clear.  And Bears fans if you think otherwise, think about this.  Martz runs one of the most technical playbooks in the NFL, Cutler struggled last year, how do you think that pea sized brain of his is going to absorb all the info required for Martz's system?

In 2-3 years Detroit will be contenders?...
With all the early draft picks they have been stockpiling over the years they better.  Seriously though they are putting players in place, they still need a few proven corners and a left tackle and center for the offensive line.  They are a young team and have some good talent out there, they just need to finish the puzzle and put it all together.  A few years ago the Vikings weren't contenders and look what they did.  The hate on the Lions in this thread is stupid, sure they have sucked the past several years but to say they aren't putting the right pieces in place and that they aren't going anywhere is just ignorant.  Plus everyone knows the Bears are going to finish last in the division this year, Cutler has already made that clear.  And Bears fans if you think otherwise, think about this.  Martz runs one of the most technical playbooks in the NFL, Cutler struggled last year, how do you think that pea sized brain of his is going to absorb all the info required for Martz's system?

A few years ago the Vikings were 6-10.. that's about the worst it ever got. Don't ever compare the Lions who were 2-14 to what the Vikings did.

A few years ago the Vikings were 6-10.. that's about the worst it ever got. Don't ever compare the Lions who were 2-14 to what the Vikings did.

Sam Shields has trouble fielding the ball, though.

Once he gets a grip on it (no pun intended)...he will be a dangerous threat for our return team.

Dude is the fastest man on our roster.
eek.gif

Sam Shields has trouble fielding the ball, though.

Once he gets a grip on it (no pun intended)...he will be a dangerous threat for our return team.

Dude is the fastest man on our roster.
eek.gif

Yea Sam is probably the fastests packer since Ahmad Carroll
laugh.gif

Dude ran a 4.20
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Just hope he can get the other pieces down to make him successful

Yea Sam is probably the fastests packer since Ahmad Carroll
laugh.gif

Dude ran a 4.20
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Just hope he can get the other pieces down to make him successful

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jay Cutler: "There are going to be some balls that are picked off"[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 11, 2010 5:09 PM ET
Jay Cutler knows that a local newspaper is charting his practice interceptions as a running gag.  He also knows that he's going to have a hard time reducing his interceptions in a Mike Martz offense.

"I'm going to throw some this year.  I'm not going to lie about that.  There are going to be some balls that are picked off.  It's part of the game. But we can't worry about it," Cutler said on ESPN Radio in Chicago, probably with one of his shrugs that drives sportswriters crazy.

Martz's quarterbacks get sacked and they throw picks.  Cutting down on interceptions is an important goal, but it's easy to forget Kurt Warner once threw 40 in a two-year, 27-game span under Martz while playing on "The Greatest Show on Turf."  Martz's timing offense is different than most.

"The guys are going to get knocked off routes, something is going to happen, the defender is going to get in the way, and the ball's going to be gone," Cutler said. "That's part of this offense. It's not a read and see what happens and let it fly, it's a read and let it fly. So balls are going to be in the air."
Bears fans may not love the attitude, but the key for Cutler is throwing more completions, more yards--per-attempt, and more touchdowns.   

That usually happens in a Martz offense too.
5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1_r.gif

I had a feeling this would be brought up here.

I mean, he's right. It's a Martz offense and his system is turnover prone. If he throws 20+ picks, he better be racking up 30-40 touchdowns. And some wins would be nice too. Hopefully Cutler shakes off this "bum" title this season, because I cannot stand the rest of this division. !@*$ Green Bay, !@*$ Minnesota, !@*$ Detroit, !@*$ Shyne, !@*$ Def Jam, !@*$ everybody.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jay Cutler: "There are going to be some balls that are picked off"[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 11, 2010 5:09 PM ET
Jay Cutler knows that a local newspaper is charting his practice interceptions as a running gag.  He also knows that he's going to have a hard time reducing his interceptions in a Mike Martz offense.

"I'm going to throw some this year.  I'm not going to lie about that.  There are going to be some balls that are picked off.  It's part of the game. But we can't worry about it," Cutler said on ESPN Radio in Chicago, probably with one of his shrugs that drives sportswriters crazy.

Martz's quarterbacks get sacked and they throw picks.  Cutting down on interceptions is an important goal, but it's easy to forget Kurt Warner once threw 40 in a two-year, 27-game span under Martz while playing on "The Greatest Show on Turf."  Martz's timing offense is different than most.

"The guys are going to get knocked off routes, something is going to happen, the defender is going to get in the way, and the ball's going to be gone," Cutler said. "That's part of this offense. It's not a read and see what happens and let it fly, it's a read and let it fly. So balls are going to be in the air."
Bears fans may not love the attitude, but the key for Cutler is throwing more completions, more yards--per-attempt, and more touchdowns.   

That usually happens in a Martz offense too.

I had a feeling this would be brought up here.

I mean, he's right. It's a Martz offense and his system is turnover prone. If he throws 20+ picks, he better be racking up 30-40 touchdowns. And some wins would be nice too. Hopefully Cutler shakes off this "bum" title this season, because I cannot stand the rest of this division. !@*$ Green Bay, !@*$ Minnesota, !@*$ Detroit, !@*$ Shyne, !@*$ Def Jam, !@*$ everybody.

I seriously hope that Vikings fans dont think Favre is better then Rodgers. Looking around, especially fantasy football wise, Rodgers is listed as the 3rd best QB in the league. So it should be no suprise that someone said he's the best in the North.

Fraij i was thinking of your sig Steve Young Lite when i read these articles on Rodgers cause all those people were on your back when you made that statement.
In 1992, Steve Young improved dramatically.  At the beginning of the season, Young's career did seem in jeopardy, given that Joe Montana had healed from injury and was planning on returning to the 49ers in the near future.

However, an MVP season and a Pro Bowl selection later, Steve Young had won over the fans and led San Francisco to the NFC Championship Game, which they would go on to lose to the Dallas Cowboys.
Sound familiar? Well it should, because that story is more than similar to Aaron Rodgers' recent outcome. Yes, no MVP season and yes, no NFC Title Game, but a Pro Bowl selection and a great turn-around season was the end story for the 2009 season.

As for the Packers fans, just sit tight. While I'm not a fortune teller and I sure as heck aren't even going to begin to predict a Super Bowl victory in the next five years, but if there is one man I'd base my team's future on, it'd more than likely be Aaron Rodgers. 

A future Steve Young or maybe better? We'll have to wait and see, but Aaron Rodgers has been successful so far in backing up a legend.

http://bleacherreport.com...s-just-wait-and-find-out
And what did Rodgers do when Favre's unretirement became the world's biggest story? He talked to his parents, who advised him, "Just be yourself." He also chatted with Steve Young, who endured a similarly bizarre experience replacing Joe Montana in San Francisco, and who told Rodgers he couldn't win by picking a fight. So Rodgers went about his business as if the whole surreal episode were happening to someone else, remaining deferential toward Favre and issuing few opinions.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5380493

^ the espn link is an article that was in a July issue of the magazine. It is a very good articles on Rodgers. Who knew he wasn't recruited by one D-1 school coming outa highshool. Dude started in a Junior College.

I seriously hope that Vikings fans dont think Favre is better then Rodgers. Looking around, especially fantasy football wise, Rodgers is listed as the 3rd best QB in the league. So it should be no suprise that someone said he's the best in the North.

Fraij i was thinking of your sig Steve Young Lite when i read these articles on Rodgers cause all those people were on your back when you made that statement.
In 1992, Steve Young improved dramatically.  At the beginning of the season, Young's career did seem in jeopardy, given that Joe Montana had healed from injury and was planning on returning to the 49ers in the near future.

However, an MVP season and a Pro Bowl selection later, Steve Young had won over the fans and led San Francisco to the NFC Championship Game, which they would go on to lose to the Dallas Cowboys.
Sound familiar? Well it should, because that story is more than similar to Aaron Rodgers' recent outcome. Yes, no MVP season and yes, no NFC Title Game, but a Pro Bowl selection and a great turn-around season was the end story for the 2009 season.

As for the Packers fans, just sit tight. While I'm not a fortune teller and I sure as heck aren't even going to begin to predict a Super Bowl victory in the next five years, but if there is one man I'd base my team's future on, it'd more than likely be Aaron Rodgers. 

A future Steve Young or maybe better? We'll have to wait and see, but Aaron Rodgers has been successful so far in backing up a legend.

http://bleacherreport.com...s-just-wait-and-find-out
And what did Rodgers do when Favre's unretirement became the world's biggest story? He talked to his parents, who advised him, "Just be yourself." He also chatted with Steve Young, who endured a similarly bizarre experience replacing Joe Montana in San Francisco, and who told Rodgers he couldn't win by picking a fight. So Rodgers went about his business as if the whole surreal episode were happening to someone else, remaining deferential toward Favre and issuing few opinions.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5380493

^ the espn link is an article that was in a July issue of the magazine. It is a very good articles on Rodgers. Who knew he wasn't recruited by one D-1 school coming outa highshool. Dude started in a Junior College.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

"The Packers are better than the Vikings because they're better at the quarterback position."
"Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the division."

Quotes from Rich Gannon of Sirius Radio.

i dont know if you know this fraij but gannon announces the pack preseason games so he is definitely biased

rich gannon + kevin harlan announcing tho = best preseason football ever. "Aaron Rodgers with no regard for human life"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

"The Packers are better than the Vikings because they're better at the quarterback position."
"Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the division."

Quotes from Rich Gannon of Sirius Radio.

i dont know if you know this fraij but gannon announces the pack preseason games so he is definitely biased

rich gannon + kevin harlan announcing tho = best preseason football ever. "Aaron Rodgers with no regard for human life"
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom