Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Potential to be 6-10, I agree. 
wink.gif
eek.gif

You guys get internet in Wisconsin now? Nice
pimp.gif

Do they actually have a NFL caliber team in Michigan yet?  Or is it still the lions? 
images

Still the Lions.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jay Cutler: "There are going to be some balls that are picked off"[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 11, 2010 5:09 PM ET
Jay Cutler knows that a local newspaper is charting his practice interceptions as a running gag.  He also knows that he's going to have a hard time reducing his interceptions in a Mike Martz offense.

"I'm going to throw some this year.  I'm not going to lie about that.  There are going to be some balls that are picked off.  It's part of the game. But we can't worry about it," Cutler said on ESPN Radio in Chicago, probably with one of his shrugs that drives sportswriters crazy.

Martz's quarterbacks get sacked and they throw picks.  Cutting down on interceptions is an important goal, but it's easy to forget Kurt Warner once threw 40 in a two-year, 27-game span under Martz while playing on "The Greatest Show on Turf."  Martz's timing offense is different than most.

"The guys are going to get knocked off routes, something is going to happen, the defender is going to get in the way, and the ball's going to be gone," Cutler said. "That's part of this offense. It's not a read and see what happens and let it fly, it's a read and let it fly. So balls are going to be in the air."
Bears fans may not love the attitude, but the key for Cutler is throwing more completions, more yards--per-attempt, and more touchdowns.   

That usually happens in a Martz offense too.
5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1_r.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Jay Cutler: "There are going to be some balls that are picked off"[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 11, 2010 5:09 PM ET
Jay Cutler knows that a local newspaper is charting his practice interceptions as a running gag.  He also knows that he's going to have a hard time reducing his interceptions in a Mike Martz offense.

"I'm going to throw some this year.  I'm not going to lie about that.  There are going to be some balls that are picked off.  It's part of the game. But we can't worry about it," Cutler said on ESPN Radio in Chicago, probably with one of his shrugs that drives sportswriters crazy.

Martz's quarterbacks get sacked and they throw picks.  Cutting down on interceptions is an important goal, but it's easy to forget Kurt Warner once threw 40 in a two-year, 27-game span under Martz while playing on "The Greatest Show on Turf."  Martz's timing offense is different than most.

"The guys are going to get knocked off routes, something is going to happen, the defender is going to get in the way, and the ball's going to be gone," Cutler said. "That's part of this offense. It's not a read and see what happens and let it fly, it's a read and let it fly. So balls are going to be in the air."
Bears fans may not love the attitude, but the key for Cutler is throwing more completions, more yards--per-attempt, and more touchdowns.   

That usually happens in a Martz offense too.

in other packer news

clay matthews sidelined with hamstring injury...same thing that happened last august

and Bulaga getting work at guard

in other packer news

clay matthews sidelined with hamstring injury...same thing that happened last august

and Bulaga getting work at guard

At least me and these Packers fans can agree on one thing... Cutler is definitely a bum

laugh.gif
@ the title change

At least me and these Packers fans can agree on one thing... Cutler is definitely a bum

laugh.gif
@ the title change

Lions hopes this season are riding on Staffords shoulders.  He needs to stay healthy and show that he has improved his decision making.  To many turnovers last year due to forcing passes to Calvin when he was double and triple covered.  If he shows that he has improved his vision and starts distributing the ball to other players on the field then the Lions can good.

Johnson needs a breakthrough year.  Hopefully with Stafford delivering the passes this year and working with the other players he can get open on some single coverage instead of being double and sometimes even triple teamed.  CJ has the ability to be the top receiver in the league, but he needs a QB that can help him get there.

Looks so far like Best will enter the season as the starter, he has great speed but I am not sure he can hold up running between the tackles.  His numbers will depend on a Lions O-Line that has been pretty bad, also am not sure how good of a pass catcher he is.  They have said he is doing good so far in training camp so I am hoping for a decent run game for the first time since Barry left(probably setting myself up for a let down, but dammit we need some production at this position.)

Delmas is entering his 2nd season in the league, he proved to be a big hitter last year and was the lone bright spot on the Lions horrendous secondary.  Hopefully with the addition of a few veteran corners in the offseason, including Dre Bly who had his best years in Detroit, he will be able to run more freely and be used in some blitz situations.  He was out for a while at the begining of training camp with a groin injury suffered in spring camp.  Rumors that he was going in for surgery and missing the season but he is now participating in team activities so this is good news.

Suh is the big name coming into this season, top DT in the draft the Lions have big hopes that he will anchor the line.  I don't think he will have a huge impact right away since he will need to adjust his game to get up to the NFL level but hopefully in the second half of the season he is showing signs of greatness.  I do think the D-line will be ok though with Corey Williams coming from the Browns to play beside him and Van den Bosch coming in from Tennessee.

All in all I think this team is set to break out int he next 2-3 years and be a contender in the NFC.  Schwartz is leading the team in the right direction and bringing in some good talent, they just need to make improvements so they don't start losing these players when their contracts are up, mainly Calvin. They still have big question marks in the secondary,  but hopefully with some good play out of the defensive line they will be able to reduce the amount of big plays given up.  This year I have Detroit going 6-10

Edit: 1,000th post

Lions hopes this season are riding on Staffords shoulders.  He needs to stay healthy and show that he has improved his decision making.  To many turnovers last year due to forcing passes to Calvin when he was double and triple covered.  If he shows that he has improved his vision and starts distributing the ball to other players on the field then the Lions can good.

Johnson needs a breakthrough year.  Hopefully with Stafford delivering the passes this year and working with the other players he can get open on some single coverage instead of being double and sometimes even triple teamed.  CJ has the ability to be the top receiver in the league, but he needs a QB that can help him get there.

Looks so far like Best will enter the season as the starter, he has great speed but I am not sure he can hold up running between the tackles.  His numbers will depend on a Lions O-Line that has been pretty bad, also am not sure how good of a pass catcher he is.  They have said he is doing good so far in training camp so I am hoping for a decent run game for the first time since Barry left(probably setting myself up for a let down, but dammit we need some production at this position.)

Delmas is entering his 2nd season in the league, he proved to be a big hitter last year and was the lone bright spot on the Lions horrendous secondary.  Hopefully with the addition of a few veteran corners in the offseason, including Dre Bly who had his best years in Detroit, he will be able to run more freely and be used in some blitz situations.  He was out for a while at the begining of training camp with a groin injury suffered in spring camp.  Rumors that he was going in for surgery and missing the season but he is now participating in team activities so this is good news.

Suh is the big name coming into this season, top DT in the draft the Lions have big hopes that he will anchor the line.  I don't think he will have a huge impact right away since he will need to adjust his game to get up to the NFL level but hopefully in the second half of the season he is showing signs of greatness.  I do think the D-line will be ok though with Corey Williams coming from the Browns to play beside him and Van den Bosch coming in from Tennessee.

All in all I think this team is set to break out int he next 2-3 years and be a contender in the NFC.  Schwartz is leading the team in the right direction and bringing in some good talent, they just need to make improvements so they don't start losing these players when their contracts are up, mainly Calvin. They still have big question marks in the secondary,  but hopefully with some good play out of the defensive line they will be able to reduce the amount of big plays given up.  This year I have Detroit going 6-10

Edit: 1,000th post

This dude really dedicated a lengthy post to Detroit. lololol.

But alright, this is my 1st time checking in. (how did I miss this getting to 6 pages already? smh)

I won't even speak on those garbage teams in Detroit or Chicago. You guys can pop your cheap Target wine over the prospect of making it .500 this season.

Vikings...I don't see them having the incredible season they had last season. even with Favre and all. There's no damn way the old man replicates those kind of numbers. Dude played out of his mind and body. I'm in on no way saying Minny will be a pushover either. Defense is still nice as hell. Hopefully AP gets over that 'cold' of his. and we'll see if the old drama queen will commit to playing anytime soon.

As for Green Bay
pimp.gif

As long as the protection issues that plagued us in the first half of '09 as behind us, this offense will be
eek.gif
eek.gif

Two words: Jermichael Finley.

Two more: Pro Bowl

Oh and Steve Young Lite (aka Aaron Rodgers) will continue with his aerial assault. (Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones)

Defensively, #2 ranked overall last year? oh. all we need to do is stay healthy at defensive back and we should be good to go. Raji moving into his natural position will definitely be a plus. and don't forget about the Claymaker. (assuming his hamstring issues don't keep lingering like last year)

Don't forget about the returning Defensive Player of the Year. CWood.

Packers in 2010. 'Superbowl or Die.'

This dude really dedicated a lengthy post to Detroit. lololol.

But alright, this is my 1st time checking in. (how did I miss this getting to 6 pages already? smh)

I won't even speak on those garbage teams in Detroit or Chicago. You guys can pop your cheap Target wine over the prospect of making it .500 this season.

Vikings...I don't see them having the incredible season they had last season. even with Favre and all. There's no damn way the old man replicates those kind of numbers. Dude played out of his mind and body. I'm in on no way saying Minny will be a pushover either. Defense is still nice as hell. Hopefully AP gets over that 'cold' of his. and we'll see if the old drama queen will commit to playing anytime soon.

As for Green Bay
pimp.gif

As long as the protection issues that plagued us in the first half of '09 as behind us, this offense will be
eek.gif
eek.gif

Two words: Jermichael Finley.

Two more: Pro Bowl

Oh and Steve Young Lite (aka Aaron Rodgers) will continue with his aerial assault. (Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Jones)

Defensively, #2 ranked overall last year? oh. all we need to do is stay healthy at defensive back and we should be good to go. Raji moving into his natural position will definitely be a plus. and don't forget about the Claymaker. (assuming his hamstring issues don't keep lingering like last year)

Don't forget about the returning Defensive Player of the Year. CWood.

Packers in 2010. 'Superbowl or Die.'

Back
Top Bottom