* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

BTW, I've coined the new butt slap for my girlfriend. I call it giving her the Brett Favre
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Obviously she hates the man now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

The same Greg Jennings who has 4 very productive wide receivers around him. Stats arent everything, he's proven he's very good. And he still puts up numbers.

Rice is good but every time the ball was hiked Favres thought process went, Rice, Shaincoe, Harvin, Rice. He was theee target. Jennings was the one with the most talent around many targets.
Thats like saying AP was better than Johnson last year because we had Chester Taylor. See what I did there?

You reaching broseph

nah you reaching...go make another girl thread in general and leave football to the big boys

pimp.gif
Typical, nothing to say on the topic so dude brings up something totally off base. Nice to know I got some recognition around here though.

You corny fam  

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Cmon son, everyone has seen over the past 4 season that Greg makes plays... Hes got super crisp routes and great body control and hands. Hes been drawing a lot of double teams and if you know anything about Aaron Rodgers especially last year you know that he doesn't throw balls into double coverage like that.

Not saying hes better than Rice because they both have their strengths but just throwing some numbers out there doesn't prove anything.
All I am saying is when numbers work against somebody and all of a sudden guys need to look at the big picture? Please.

AP had more td's than Johnson, but Johnson was by and large the best running back in the league last year. Does that make him better than AP? debatable, but until AP outshines him ofr an entire season he is the better back. Numbers is what seperates opinions from fact.

Sidney > Jennings.

The same Greg Jennings who has 4 very productive wide receivers around him. Stats arent everything, he's proven he's very good. And he still puts up numbers.

Rice is good but every time the ball was hiked Favres thought process went, Rice, Shaincoe, Harvin, Rice. He was theee target. Jennings was the one with the most talent around many targets.
Thats like saying AP was better than Johnson last year because we had Chester Taylor. See what I did there?

You reaching broseph

nah you reaching...go make another girl thread in general and leave football to the big boys

pimp.gif
Typical, nothing to say on the topic so dude brings up something totally off base. Nice to know I got some recognition around here though.

You corny fam  

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Cmon son, everyone has seen over the past 4 season that Greg makes plays... Hes got super crisp routes and great body control and hands. Hes been drawing a lot of double teams and if you know anything about Aaron Rodgers especially last year you know that he doesn't throw balls into double coverage like that.

Not saying hes better than Rice because they both have their strengths but just throwing some numbers out there doesn't prove anything.
All I am saying is when numbers work against somebody and all of a sudden guys need to look at the big picture? Please.

AP had more td's than Johnson, but Johnson was by and large the best running back in the league last year. Does that make him better than AP? debatable, but until AP outshines him ofr an entire season he is the better back. Numbers is what seperates opinions from fact.

Sidney > Jennings.

Why are you trying to relate this to AP and CJ, nobodys following your logic. Stop it.
Why are you immediately dismissing it? He's making sense.

He's saying that Greg needs to outperform Sidney for a full season before anybody calls him better. Just like AP needs to do with CJ.
Hes been drawing a lot of double teams
I don't see how that's an excuse for elite receivers.

Why are you trying to relate this to AP and CJ, nobodys following your logic. Stop it.

He's saying that Greg needs to outperform Sidney for a full season before anybody calls him better. Just like AP needs to do with CJ.

You reaching broseph

pimp.gif

You corny fam  

LMAO

I mean its hard to take a dude serious when he makes a thread asking NT what to do on a first date...

havent been on many broseph?

You reaching broseph

pimp.gif

You corny fam  

LMAO

I mean its hard to take a dude serious when he makes a thread asking NT what to do on a first date...

havent been on many broseph?

Numbers is what seperates opinions from fact.
Jennings
[table][tr][td]Season[/td][td]Team[/td][td]
[/td][td]Receiving[/td][td]Rushing[/td][td]Fumbles[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]Lost[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2010 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]12[/td][td]161[/td][td]13.4[/td][td]32T[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2009 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td]68[/td][td]1,113[/td][td]16.4[/td][td]83T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 15 [/td] [td]80[/td][td]1,292[/td][td]16.2[/td][td]63[/td][td]9[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td]53[/td][td]920[/td][td]17.4[/td][td]82T[/td][td]12[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2006 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 14 [/td] [td] 11 [/td] [td]45[/td][td]632[/td][td]14.0[/td][td]75T[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]258[/td][td]4,118[/td][td]16.0[/td][td]83[/td][td]31[/td][td]--[/td][td]0[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

Rice
[table][tr][td]Career Statsmore[/td][/tr][tr][td]Season[/td][td]Team[/td][td]
[/td][td]Receiving[/td][td]Rushing[/td][td]Fumbles[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]Lost[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2009 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 14 [/td] [td]83[/td][td]1,312[/td][td]15.8[/td][td]63[/td][td]8[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 3 [/td] [td]15[/td][td]141[/td][td]9.4[/td][td]23T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]31[/td][td]396[/td][td]12.8[/td][td]60T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]129[/td][td]1,849[/td][td]14.3[/td][td]63[/td][td]16[/td][td]--[/td][td]0[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][/table]

I really wasn't even trying to do the x > y thing with you but exactly what numbers are you talking about dude?

Jennings still averaging more YPC in his career than Rice did in his one big year.  Hes had 2 seasons with more TDs than Rice did in his one big year.  Hes a better runner after the catch than Rice.

Again I wouldn't say one is that much better than the other but "numbers separate opinion from fact" really isnt doing you much good here. Relax.

Numbers is what seperates opinions from fact.
Jennings
[table][tr][td]Season[/td][td]Team[/td][td]
[/td][td]Receiving[/td][td]Rushing[/td][td]Fumbles[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]Lost[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2010 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]12[/td][td]161[/td][td]13.4[/td][td]32T[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2009 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td]68[/td][td]1,113[/td][td]16.4[/td][td]83T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 15 [/td] [td]80[/td][td]1,292[/td][td]16.2[/td][td]63[/td][td]9[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td]53[/td][td]920[/td][td]17.4[/td][td]82T[/td][td]12[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2006 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 14 [/td] [td] 11 [/td] [td]45[/td][td]632[/td][td]14.0[/td][td]75T[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]258[/td][td]4,118[/td][td]16.0[/td][td]83[/td][td]31[/td][td]--[/td][td]0[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

Rice
[table][tr][td]Career Statsmore[/td][/tr][tr][td]Season[/td][td]Team[/td][td]
[/td][td]Receiving[/td][td]Rushing[/td][td]Fumbles[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]Lost[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2009 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 14 [/td] [td]83[/td][td]1,312[/td][td]15.8[/td][td]63[/td][td]8[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 3 [/td] [td]15[/td][td]141[/td][td]9.4[/td][td]23T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]31[/td][td]396[/td][td]12.8[/td][td]60T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td][td]129[/td][td]1,849[/td][td]14.3[/td][td]63[/td][td]16[/td][td]--[/td][td]0[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][/table]

I really wasn't even trying to do the x > y thing with you but exactly what numbers are you talking about dude?

Jennings still averaging more YPC in his career than Rice did in his one big year.  Hes had 2 seasons with more TDs than Rice did in his one big year.  Hes a better runner after the catch than Rice.

Again I wouldn't say one is that much better than the other but "numbers separate opinion from fact" really isnt doing you much good here. Relax.

he has no point.
The point that you were just bringing up stuff that had nothing to do what we were talking about. Because in response to him saying that, you did it again. Me saying "you're proving his point" had to do with that, not football.

he has no point.
The point that you were just bringing up stuff that had nothing to do what we were talking about. Because in response to him saying that, you did it again. Me saying "you're proving his point" had to do with that, not football.

Originally Posted by JPZx

he has no point.

okay gotcha.

truthfully tho i dont put 1 of these 2 guys ahead of eachother by much...sidney def was on the rigth track before he got hurt...hes got that deep pass ability but greg can still def get the big play with a 5 yard pass turning it into a 70 yard run...

numbers dont lie tho..

he has no point.

okay gotcha.

truthfully tho i dont put 1 of these 2 guys ahead of eachother by much...sidney def was on the rigth track before he got hurt...hes got that deep pass ability but greg can still def get the big play with a 5 yard pass turning it into a 70 yard run...

numbers dont lie tho..

AP and CJ are the top 2 in the league no questions asked, they have both proved them selves through out their careers.
Jennings has produced since he was drafted, Sidney had one good year. Im just saying right now Jennings has proved himself already, Rice hasnt. Although i wouldnt doubt Rice ends up being the more dominant receiver.

Jennings wont neccesarily out do Rice's best season because Greg has alot of talent around him. He doesnt need to outdo rices best season. Everyone knows Jennings will produce. Rice still needs to show he can be productive on a consistant basis, like Jennings.

Sidney was better last year than Jennings. There's no logical way to argue against that. Right now he's not better than anyone, though. Who knows how much his injury is going to effect him when he's back, but from all reports his recovery is on schedule. What we do know is that even if he's back near 100%, he won't be the #1 WR on the team. Enjoy that.

Sidney was better last year than Jennings. There's no logical way to argue against that. Right now he's not better than anyone, though. Who knows how much his injury is going to effect him when he's back, but from all reports his recovery is on schedule. What we do know is that even if he's back near 100%, he won't be the #1 WR on the team. Enjoy that.

AP and CJ are the top 2 in the league no questions asked, they have both proved them selves through out their careers.
Jennings has produced since he was drafted, Sidney had one good year. Im just saying right now Jennings has proved himself already, Rice hasnt. Although i wouldnt doubt Rice ends up being the more dominant receiver.

Jennings wont neccesarily out do Rice's best season because Greg has alot of talent around him. He doesnt need to outdo rices best season. Everyone knows Jennings will produce. Rice still needs to show he can be productive on a consistant basis, like Jennings.

Back
Top Bottom