* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

K... Greg had a lot of talent around him but I think the surrounding talent of Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, Visanthe Shiancoe is better than Donald Driver, James Jones and Ryan Grant. So again.. how is that an excuse?

(I didn't say Jermichael Finley, because he didn't start getting his shine until the latter part of the season)

K... Greg had a lot of talent around him but I think the surrounding talent of Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, Visanthe Shiancoe is better than Donald Driver, James Jones and Ryan Grant. So again.. how is that an excuse?

(I didn't say Jermichael Finley, because he didn't start getting his shine until the latter part of the season)

Jennings > Rice
Driver > Harvin
Finley > Shiancoe
Jones > Berrian
Nelson > whatever else receiver you have on your team..

Dont try to argue that there's more receiving talent overall in Minnesota. Not only is just Jennings better then Rice, but every other receiver we have is better then all of your receivers.

Again, Jennings has proved he's a very good receiver for 4 years already. Rice had one good year. Thats why im saying Jennings > Rice for now.
Again Rice will probably end up being the better WR within the next two years.

Thats all i got. Thats my opinion and it wont change.

Jennings > Rice
Driver > Harvin
Finley > Shiancoe
Jones > Berrian
Nelson > whatever else receiver you have on your team..

Dont try to argue that there's more receiving talent overall in Minnesota. Not only is just Jennings better then Rice, but every other receiver we have is better then all of your receivers.

Again, Jennings has proved he's a very good receiver for 4 years already. Rice had one good year. Thats why im saying Jennings > Rice for now.
Again Rice will probably end up being the better WR within the next two years.

Thats all i got. Thats my opinion and it wont change.

Originally Posted by SFN 155

you seem to be forgetting someone

i chuckled
laugh.gif

because you said
Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Dont try to argue that there's more receiving talent overall in Minnesota.
and Moss has a little receiving talent, and happens to be in Minnesota.

If you're talking about last year, use past tense.  Even then you can't have it both ways.  If Jennings is better than Sidney because he's had a better career, then Shiancoe > Finley and Berrian >>>> Jones

because you said
Originally Posted by Jehlers02

and Moss has a little receiving talent, and happens to be in Minnesota.

If you're talking about last year, use past tense.  Even then you can't have it both ways.  If Jennings is better than Sidney because he's had a better career, then Shiancoe > Finley and Berrian >>>> Jones

How can you use the "only done it for one year" excuse for Greg Jennings being better than Sidney Rice when you have Jermichael Finley over Visanthe Shiancoe?

Explain that to me.

How can you use the "only done it for one year" excuse for Greg Jennings being better than Sidney Rice when you have Jermichael Finley over Visanthe Shiancoe?

Explain that to me.

Mannnnn yall just shut up about this +@%% already
laugh.gif

Start using some damn common sense, like I said before neither Greg or Sid are significantly better than the other... They're both somewhere in the top 7-15 range IMO.

For my money though im taking Greg at this point, Sid's injury hurts his game directly. Gregs route running is close to being elite and hes proven that he can turn simple 7 yd slants into 65 yd TD's... Hes no slouch getting down the field for balls either.

Ive yet to see an actual reason that Sid> Greg other than that he had better numbers last year.

Mannnnn yall just shut up about this +@%% already
laugh.gif

Start using some damn common sense, like I said before neither Greg or Sid are significantly better than the other... They're both somewhere in the top 7-15 range IMO.

For my money though im taking Greg at this point, Sid's injury hurts his game directly. Gregs route running is close to being elite and hes proven that he can turn simple 7 yd slants into 65 yd TD's... Hes no slouch getting down the field for balls either.

Ive yet to see an actual reason that Sid> Greg other than that he had better numbers last year.

Better hands, better ball skills, can go up and get any ball you throw to him, decent down field blocker, great field awareness. You asked.

Still waiting for an answer from Jehlers02. How can he use the "only done it for one year" excuse for Greg Jennings being better than Sidney Rice when you have Jermichael Finley over Visanthe Shiancoe?
Are we talking about now? I'm going to assume we are, because "there's" means "there is" meaning now.

I'll use the "greater than/less than" rating system like you...

Randy Moss > Greg Jennings
Sidney Rice > Donald Driver
Percy Harvin > James Jones
Bernard Berrian > Jordy Nelson

We can argue about our TEs all day... all I know is that Visanthe Shiancoe has 19 TDs, 1331 yards since 2008, while Jermichael Finley has 7 TDs, 1051 yards since 2008. You seem to use your arguments only when they benefit you. Just sayin.

Better hands, better ball skills, can go up and get any ball you throw to him, decent down field blocker, great field awareness. You asked.

Still waiting for an answer from Jehlers02. How can he use the "only done it for one year" excuse for Greg Jennings being better than Sidney Rice when you have Jermichael Finley over Visanthe Shiancoe?
Are we talking about now? I'm going to assume we are, because "there's" means "there is" meaning now.

I'll use the "greater than/less than" rating system like you...

Randy Moss > Greg Jennings
Sidney Rice > Donald Driver
Percy Harvin > James Jones
Bernard Berrian > Jordy Nelson

We can argue about our TEs all day... all I know is that Visanthe Shiancoe has 19 TDs, 1331 yards since 2008, while Jermichael Finley has 7 TDs, 1051 yards since 2008. You seem to use your arguments only when they benefit you. Just sayin.

Jermichael Finley and Shaincoe aint even debatable 
laugh.gif

Rice and Jennings is.

Shaincoe had 2 good years. 2008 and 2009.
2008 - Finley already has half the receptions the first 4 games this year, then Shaincoe did all of 2008..
2009 - Finley had one less reception but over a 100 yards more then Shaincoe, and Finley only started 10 games.

You cant even made the career argument for shaincoe cause he had like 6 seasons with 10 receptions or less
roll.gif

..no seriously

[table][tr][td]Season[/td][td]Team[/td][td]
[/td][td]Receiving[/td][td]Rushing[/td][td]Fumbles[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]Lost[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2006 [/td][td] New York Giants [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]12[/td][td]81[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]16[/td][td]0[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2005 [/td][td] New York Giants [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 5 [/td] [td]8[/td][td]91[/td][td]11.4[/td][td]17[/td][td]0[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2004 [/td][td] New York Giants [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 7 [/td] [td]5[/td][td]25[/td][td]5.0[/td][td]9[/td][td]1[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2003 [/td][td] New York Giants [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 7 [/td] [td]10[/td][td]56[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]10[/td][td]2[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][/table]
I see what your saying though about Finley and Shaincoe, i just think Jennings and Rice is a bit more debatable.

I am well aware now that Moss changes alot, but we are talking about Rice and Jennings careers up to this point.

Totally disregarding Finley and Shaincoe though, can any of you Vikings fans at least see where im coming from?

Greg Jennings
[/td][td]Receiving[/td][td]Rushing[/td][td]Fumbles[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]Lost[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2010 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]12[/td][td]161[/td][td]13.4[/td][td]32T[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2009 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td]68[/td][td]1,113[/td][td]16.4[/td][td]83T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 15 [/td] [td]80[/td][td]1,292[/td][td]16.2[/td][td]63[/td][td]9[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td]53[/td][td]920[/td][td]17.4[/td][td]82T[/td][td]12[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2006 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 14 [/td] [td] 11 [/td] [td]45[/td][td]632[/td][td]14.0[/td][td]75T[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]
Sidney Rice                                                                                                                              Rec.       Yards                                                              TD's
[table][tr][td]2009 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 14 [/td] [td]83[/td][td]1,312[/td][td]15.8[/td][td]63[/td][td]8[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 3 [/td] [td]15[/td][td]141[/td][td]9.4[/td][td]23T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]31[/td][td]396[/td][td]12.8[/td][td]60T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][/table]
Greg Jennings and Sidney Rices 2008 and 2009 years are almost IDENTICAL, and your only argument is that one year Rice had as to why he is better.
As you can clearly see other then 2009 RIce has done nothing.
Jennings has put up numbers every year.

Im done now
laugh.gif
i dont know whats left to argue about this topic, Jennings has already done what Rice has done in Rice's 2009 year, and then had 4 solid years to add to it.

Jermichael Finley and Shaincoe aint even debatable 
laugh.gif

Rice and Jennings is.

Shaincoe had 2 good years. 2008 and 2009.
2008 - Finley already has half the receptions the first 4 games this year, then Shaincoe did all of 2008..
2009 - Finley had one less reception but over a 100 yards more then Shaincoe, and Finley only started 10 games.

You cant even made the career argument for shaincoe cause he had like 6 seasons with 10 receptions or less
roll.gif

..no seriously

[/td][td]Receiving[/td][td]Rushing[/td][td]Fumbles[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]Lost[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2006 [/td][td] New York Giants [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]12[/td][td]81[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]16[/td][td]0[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2005 [/td][td] New York Giants [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 5 [/td] [td]8[/td][td]91[/td][td]11.4[/td][td]17[/td][td]0[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2004 [/td][td] New York Giants [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 7 [/td] [td]5[/td][td]25[/td][td]5.0[/td][td]9[/td][td]1[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2003 [/td][td] New York Giants [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 7 [/td] [td]10[/td][td]56[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]10[/td][td]2[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][/table]
I see what your saying though about Finley and Shaincoe, i just think Jennings and Rice is a bit more debatable.

I am well aware now that Moss changes alot, but we are talking about Rice and Jennings careers up to this point.

Totally disregarding Finley and Shaincoe though, can any of you Vikings fans at least see where im coming from?

Greg Jennings
[/td][td]Receiving[/td][td]Rushing[/td][td]Fumbles[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]GS[/td][td]Rec[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]Att[/td][td]Yds[/td][td]Avg[/td][td]Lng[/td][td]TD[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]Lost[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2010 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]12[/td][td]161[/td][td]13.4[/td][td]32T[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2009 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td]68[/td][td]1,113[/td][td]16.4[/td][td]83T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 15 [/td] [td]80[/td][td]1,292[/td][td]16.2[/td][td]63[/td][td]9[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td]53[/td][td]920[/td][td]17.4[/td][td]82T[/td][td]12[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2006 [/td][td] Green Bay Packers [/td] [td] 14 [/td] [td] 11 [/td] [td]45[/td][td]632[/td][td]14.0[/td][td]75T[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]
Sidney Rice                                                                                                                              Rec.       Yards                                                              TD's
[table][tr][td]2009 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 16 [/td] [td] 14 [/td] [td]83[/td][td]1,312[/td][td]15.8[/td][td]63[/td][td]8[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2008 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 3 [/td] [td]15[/td][td]141[/td][td]9.4[/td][td]23T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][tr][td] 2007 [/td][td] Minnesota Vikings [/td] [td] 13 [/td] [td] 4 [/td] [td]31[/td][td]396[/td][td]12.8[/td][td]60T[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][td]--[/td][/tr][/table]
Greg Jennings and Sidney Rices 2008 and 2009 years are almost IDENTICAL, and your only argument is that one year Rice had as to why he is better.
As you can clearly see other then 2009 RIce has done nothing.
Jennings has put up numbers every year.

Im done now
laugh.gif
i dont know whats left to argue about this topic, Jennings has already done what Rice has done in Rice's 2009 year, and then had 4 solid years to add to it.

Back
Top Bottom