* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

The Lions are the highest scoring team in the NFC... 4 1/2 games with their backup QB.

Martin Mayhew is a got damn godsend for what he's done in a short amount of time after the Millen regime.

Still an mediocre team, but fans actually have a reason to be invested for the first time in years. They are at least have a chance in every game they play...

Another solid draft (and their QB being healthy) could bring a Chiefs-like breakout next year...

The Lions are the highest scoring team in the NFC... 4 1/2 games with their backup QB.

Martin Mayhew is a got damn godsend for what he's done in a short amount of time after the Millen regime.

Still an mediocre team, but fans actually have a reason to be invested for the first time in years. They are at least have a chance in every game they play...

Another solid draft (and their QB being healthy) could bring a Chiefs-like breakout next year...

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/17736/packers-sift-through-the-rubble[/h3]
[h3]Packers sift through the rubble[/h3]
October, 11, 2010
Oct 11

2:34

PM ET

By Kevin Seifert

As painful as it might be, let's take a moment to update the Green Bay Packers' astonishing injury report. The bottom line: The Packers will definitely be without tight end Jermichael Finley, linebacker Nick Barnett, safety Derrick Martin and tight end Donald Lee for the next several weeks. A number of other players could also fall in that category based on progress (or lack thereof) this week. A rundown:
  • Finley: He will have surgery to repair what the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports is a torn meniscus in his right knee. Coach Mike McCarthy said he would be "surprised" if the injury ended Finley's season. It's more likely he'll miss between three and six weeks.
  • Barnett: There is now "some hope" that a wrist injury will not cost him the rest of the season, McCarthy said. But surgery scheduled for Wednesday likely will cost Barnett at least six weeks.
  • Lee: He has a chest sprain, McCarthy said, that will cost "maybe a couple weeks."
  • Martin: A knee sprain is likely to cost him several weeks.
  • Quarterback Aaron Rodgers: McCarthy said he will miss some practice time "at minimum" this week but wouldn't rule him out of Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins. Still, given the heightened state of awareness on brain issues in the NFL, it wouldn't at all be surprising to see Rodgers miss his first game since becoming the team's starter in 2008.
  • Linebacker Clay Matthews: He missed a month during the preseason because of a hamstring pull, but McCarthy said the latest hamstring injury was "not as severe as the first time." Whether Matthews can make it back in one week, however, is uncertain.
  • Defensive end Ryan Pickett: An ankle sprain has left his status uncertain for this week and beyond.
All told, the Packers could play the Dolphins without seven players who were Week 1 starters. We have a long practice week ahead of us, but this injury report is just incredible. I think we can all agree that it will require a highly effective patchwork effort for the Packers to get where they want to go this season.

Just so you know what the Packers are up against, let's take a look at Weeks 6 through 12 of the Packers' 17-week schedule:

Week 6: Miami Dolphins
Week 7: Minnesota Vikings
Week 8: at New York Jets
Week 9: Dallas Cowboys
Week 10: Bye
Week 11: at Minnesota Vikings
Week 12: at Atlanta Falcons

laugh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

[h3]http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/17736/packers-sift-through-the-rubble[/h3]
[h3]Packers sift through the rubble[/h3]
October, 11, 2010
Oct 11

2:34

PM ET

By Kevin Seifert

As painful as it might be, let's take a moment to update the Green Bay Packers' astonishing injury report. The bottom line: The Packers will definitely be without tight end Jermichael Finley, linebacker Nick Barnett, safety Derrick Martin and tight end Donald Lee for the next several weeks. A number of other players could also fall in that category based on progress (or lack thereof) this week. A rundown:
  • Finley: He will have surgery to repair what the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports is a torn meniscus in his right knee. Coach Mike McCarthy said he would be "surprised" if the injury ended Finley's season. It's more likely he'll miss between three and six weeks.
  • Barnett: There is now "some hope" that a wrist injury will not cost him the rest of the season, McCarthy said. But surgery scheduled for Wednesday likely will cost Barnett at least six weeks.
  • Lee: He has a chest sprain, McCarthy said, that will cost "maybe a couple weeks."
  • Martin: A knee sprain is likely to cost him several weeks.
  • Quarterback Aaron Rodgers: McCarthy said he will miss some practice time "at minimum" this week but wouldn't rule him out of Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins. Still, given the heightened state of awareness on brain issues in the NFL, it wouldn't at all be surprising to see Rodgers miss his first game since becoming the team's starter in 2008.
  • Linebacker Clay Matthews: He missed a month during the preseason because of a hamstring pull, but McCarthy said the latest hamstring injury was "not as severe as the first time." Whether Matthews can make it back in one week, however, is uncertain.
  • Defensive end Ryan Pickett: An ankle sprain has left his status uncertain for this week and beyond.
All told, the Packers could play the Dolphins without seven players who were Week 1 starters. We have a long practice week ahead of us, but this injury report is just incredible. I think we can all agree that it will require a highly effective patchwork effort for the Packers to get where they want to go this season.

Just so you know what the Packers are up against, let's take a look at Weeks 6 through 12 of the Packers' 17-week schedule:

Week 6: Miami Dolphins
Week 7: Minnesota Vikings
Week 8: at New York Jets
Week 9: Dallas Cowboys
Week 10: Bye
Week 11: at Minnesota Vikings
Week 12: at Atlanta Falcons

laugh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

It's whatever.

I liked what I saw from the offense in the second half. However, in too many games this year and last the Vikings have only played one half of football, and it has snake bitten them. Can't happen. What Favre did on that last drive was disgusting, but hopefully they won't be in a lot of these spots the rest of the season.

The Vikings can only lose 3 more games the rest of the year. The way I see it...

Week 6 vs DAL (W)
Week 7 @ GB (L)
Week 8 @ NE (W)
Week 9 vs ARZ (W)
Week 10 @ CHI (W)
Week 11 vs GB (W)
Week 12 @ WAS (W)
Week 13 vs BUF (W)
Week 14 vs NY (W)
Week 15 vs CHI (W)
Week 16 @ PHI (L)
Week 17 @ DET (W)

11-5.

If y'all disagree with me, that's fine. Vikings fans and Packer fans both believe the Bears record isn't a true indication of the type of team they are. I expect there to be a letdown or two in there, so maybe 10-6. When Sidney Rice comes back, I expect the Vikings to cruise, hence the long winning streak... Chargers 2009 esque.

Don't get me wrong, this win would have been huge, but if the Vikings stay relatively injury-free they can survive. A lot of this depends on Cedric Griffin's injury status.

It's whatever.

I liked what I saw from the offense in the second half. However, in too many games this year and last the Vikings have only played one half of football, and it has snake bitten them. Can't happen. What Favre did on that last drive was disgusting, but hopefully they won't be in a lot of these spots the rest of the season.

The Vikings can only lose 3 more games the rest of the year. The way I see it...

Week 6 vs DAL (W)
Week 7 @ GB (L)
Week 8 @ NE (W)
Week 9 vs ARZ (W)
Week 10 @ CHI (W)
Week 11 vs GB (W)
Week 12 @ WAS (W)
Week 13 vs BUF (W)
Week 14 vs NY (W)
Week 15 vs CHI (W)
Week 16 @ PHI (L)
Week 17 @ DET (W)

11-5.

If y'all disagree with me, that's fine. Vikings fans and Packer fans both believe the Bears record isn't a true indication of the type of team they are. I expect there to be a letdown or two in there, so maybe 10-6. When Sidney Rice comes back, I expect the Vikings to cruise, hence the long winning streak... Chargers 2009 esque.

Don't get me wrong, this win would have been huge, but if the Vikings stay relatively injury-free they can survive. A lot of this depends on Cedric Griffin's injury status.

Back
Top Bottom