:2010: - Worst Year of the Retro??

Personally, I love it except with getting my license and buying a car and everything it has been killing me cause I haven't been able to cop any. I wouldn't say it's the worst year. I would say last year was, besides the Jams.. But the 6s are looking nice, I thought the Oreos were decent. It isn't ALL bad. I agree with OP though, they should space it all out a little bit.

you kidding me, right? if you don't like 2010, you will have a hard time for the following years....shoe games have changed, man!

yall ninjas are never happy. this is year has been better than the last few. switch to nike retro if JB isn't meeting your standards. more for us that do want the product.

Originally Posted by blakmn89

Originally Posted by 310HxA

2001>>>>2010
true dat. no way 2 debate dat unless u an idoit
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Is there really any year that can seriously compete with '01? Some would say '08 (year of the cdp) but I strongly disagree. That year wins as being the biggest rip off in JB history. Most packs where a bundle of one nice shoe coupled with some s**t that no one wanted. This was the year of resllers and traders. I'm sure these guys made out well that year. But for someone like me who isn't willing to drop a bundle on a pack that only has one desirable shoe, this was the year that JB didn't see a 1 cent of my money. All my dollars went on cents (pun intended)

Nike retro have been 10 times better in the last couple of years.

The last hot pair of jordans was the aquas in my eyes , a single OG color shoe .

all these packs and limited bs is lame and really uncalled for just retro em 1 by 1 and charge what ever for em.

Every since "packs" DMP were ok but, CDPs were all crap! So I would say around 2006 or 2007 when Jordan started releasing retros that looked very similar to the "$65.00 authentic Jordans" that were being sold out of your local barbers trunk!

i agree with mendoza.. im 16 so i wasnt even able 2 get at some real heat and 2010 is makin me able 2 get some classic retros while i can slowly make my way into some OG's.. got the oreos and lakers and i understand they arnt an OG colorway but i like the shoes.. i got the QF 2's, the powder blue 9's, i plan on getting the wht/blk 9's to go with the 2002 pair i got and charcole 9's along with the 13's and of course the cool grey 11's and the concords?? i mean its a nice year for me so i can at least get somewhat of a classic collection even if its not OG

i agree with mendoza.. im 16 so i wasnt even able 2 get at some real heat and 2010 is makin me able 2 get some classic retros while i can slowly make my way into some OG's.. got the oreos and lakers and i understand they arnt an OG colorway but i like the shoes.. i got the QF 2's, the powder blue 9's, i plan on getting the wht/blk 9's to go with the 2002 pair i got and charcole 9's along with the 13's and of course the cool grey 11's and the concords?? i mean its a nice year for me so i can at least get somewhat of a classic collection even if its not OG

And it continues. This crap they tagged the Olympic 7's with. SMH Stop it!!!!!

2010>any other year
think about it. white/black 9's, citrus 9's, powder blue 9's, silver anni 11's, cool grey 11's, varsity red 6's white and black, infrared 6's white and black. AJKO 1. white/black retro 2's. charcoal 9's. missed a good bit but that alone looks like a great year for JB retro.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

A lot say that this is the best year as far as JB dropping retros or what not. We will see 6's drop twice in a year with the same BS material just a different shade of red. The White/Black 9's drop for the fourth time, Twice in 2 years.... The all white anniversary edition Jordans...ect. I personally think they are making it even worse. To much going on. To close....... It's no fun. The quality sucks we all know that but why so many in one year. Joints we've been waiting on for years you wana drop all in one year. The concords dropping again in the fall... Like come on man. 

I just wana know you're thoughts. There are a lot of heads that love it, a lot that hate it. 

On one side for me it's not so bad. I mean the Varsity Red looked exactly like the shade of the Infrared VI but it was still a success when the Infrared VI's was released.
But everyone say this year is the year of the Jordan VI's and Jordan IX's. Of course it's gonna suck for most people that actually got the last retro of those releases before they came/will come this year.
All I know is, the good stuff happens on the Holidays up to Spring 2011!!
Copping Flint Grey XIII, Cool Grey XI, Cement III and maybe some more!

Originally Posted by Grailman911

2010>any other year
think about it. white/black 9's, citrus 9's, powder blue 9's, silver anni 11's, cool grey 11's, varsity red 6's white and black, infrared 6's white and black. AJKO 1. white/black retro 2's. charcoal 9's. missed a good bit but that alone looks like a great year for JB retro.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr718

2010>any other year

pimp.gif

countdown pack year was way harder then that list.

I don't know if I would say it was the worst year, but it was questionable. Personally I'm not feeling the powder & charcoal 9s, they just don't look right to me. On the other hand I'm really feeling the white/black n citrus'. I didn't like the whole silver anniversary thing, especially with how they handled the 3s & 4s, and barely released any of the shoes. The og 2s were nice but the rest were pretty weird. I'm not sure what was up with the varsity red & infrared 6s thing jb was doing. Hopefully the 13s n cg 11s later this year will give it a nice boost

i tend to agree som e of the retros have been garbage.. except for some..but overall the material needs to improve not degrade. my 2 cents..ponyboy!

It is what it is at the end of the day....I quiver anytime I look at a Jordan Retro now a days but then you gotta remember that the ogs arent dropping next week....with time, comes change...sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst....you just gotta adapt

2010>any other year
roll.gif

For real, though? 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom