:2010: - Worst Year of the Retro??

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

Let me chime in...

First of all, I didn't go through all the posts by only what OP said.  And not to reiterate the issue about quality and keeping materials cheap, but what I learned today from the new adidas ts line for next season, (in comparison) Jordan Brand completely skimmed out on us. 

If you guys remember, for the Air Jordan XX2, one of the original ideas was to incorporate a heat-sensitive material in the heel area when your foot heats up from playing, the heel part would change color.  However, the said that the idea was too costly to produce and thus scrapped. 

Today I learned that adidas will be using this idea on their new basketball shoe: "TS heat check".  Supposedly, the stripes of the shoe would change color upon play. 

This leaves me to wonder, if Jordan Brand couldn't use this idea for it's signature shoe (which is rightfully marked up higher than anything adidas would put out), how much more money is adidas going to shell out and produce, knowing that they wouldn't sell for as much as Jordan's? In other words, does adidas have more money to pay for such kind of material? And are they going to sell for more than Jordan's?

Hmmm...

Nike just used that ''heat sensitive material'' on the Troy Polamalu SC trainer 2010. I own them, when heated up the side panels turn from black to yellow.
smokin.gif
 Im sure JB could easily put it on a style or two.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

A lot say that this is the best year as far as JB dropping retros or what not. We will see 6's drop twice in a year with the same BS material just a different shade of red. The White/Black 9's drop for the fourth time, Twice in 2 years.... The all white anniversary edition Jordans...ect. I personally think they are making it even worse. To much going on. To close....... It's no fun. The quality sucks we all know that but why so many in one year. Joints we've been waiting on for years you wana drop all in one year. The concords dropping again in the fall... Like come on man. 

I just wana know you're thoughts. There are a lot of heads that love it, a lot that hate it. 

What sneakers you dropping this year?

self proclaimed "og heads," it may be true that you are sneaker heads but come on. stop trying to pat yourself on the back hating on newbies.

It is alot of similar releases cming out, however it is a little appreciated to individuals such as myself who have previously slept on some of thos previous releases. So in synopsis, JB keep them coming

I agree wish some of the people in this topic that said WAYYY too many retros dropped this year. like the lakers 6 (wack)...but ONE THING i am looking forward to this year, is the END of the year...when the red/white XIII's and the COOL GREY XI's drop. i have all colorways of the XIII except for the red/white and the playoffs. when the red/white XIII's drop, that's gonna be an OG RETRO, can't miss that. also, I can't wait to get in line to cop the coolgrey's. I'll bet there will be just as much hype around those as the spacejams...im gonna wear my coolgreys from 2001 and all the hypers are gonna be like, "Whoa dude! you already got the coolgreys? how did you get them early?" lol. i heard someone talking about some hype beasts just coppin whatever JB puts out and not learning about the history and legacy of the JB. Today, I was thinking about the quality issue with JB also. So i busted out my CDP BRED XI's and my 2001 BRED XI's. the quality comparison is SOOOOOO noticable. 2001 XI's > 2009/2010 XI's. But, I am definately copping the cool greys later this year. (if those are still dropping)

Originally Posted by EMendoza93

Honestly I kinda of like it. It gives people like me that weren't around when the shoe game first started, to have a chance at copping some of the best looking shoes.

Yea I feel you but some just don't appreciate the shoe as it first was. They start making up new nick names. I got so tired of cats calling the varsity joints "Infrared". Like you effing NOOB sit down. Round here poppin like you some OG Jordan head. People going nuts over the "SpaceJams" and making them trending topics and not even knowing where they came from even though the name SPACEJAM is attached to it. They jumpin on +!! because they hear the real head speak about em. They just follow suit, jump on whatever they think is hot. Jay's dropped on Wednesdays, these Saturday cats have no idea.
laugh.gif

"Powder Blue" it was Carolina Blue back when they dropped a Tar Heels color way in each shoe 

this sounds like no one has ever given you the credit that you think you deserve or something.. i find it hard to believe anyone who ever worn a pair of Js wouldnt know how the SpaceJams got theyre name.. im sure youve been wearing Js for years by the looks of your thinning hair but how can you get upset about the new generation dubbing shoes or having the opportunity to get thier hands on pairs they might not have before for whatever reason.. thats a great idea.. jordan should stop releasing what people want and focus on fusions and the other crap theyve been doing.. did u really think they wouldnt re-release shoes that sold out almost instantly?? granted JB has made some really crappy choices its great for the game.. the only people that would be mad are the ones who copped and stored shoes for a decade.. SMH.. besides.. NT is a place for all sneaker heads to come together and exchange knowledge.. if u dont want someone knowing what you think is "hot" dont post it.

Originally Posted by thestupidfresh

This year is not as big as some people make it out to be! I wont say its this worst year of the Retro but it is pretty disappointing for it to be the 25th anniversary!
basically, JB could do a lot better. Was hoping for Chi X's, but they even ruined that notion.

Honestly I kinda of like it. It gives people like me that weren't around when the shoe game first started, to have a chance at copping some of the best looking shoes.

Yea I feel you but some just don't appreciate the shoe as it first was. They start making up new nick names. I got so tired of cats calling the varsity joints "Infrared". Like you effing NOOB sit down. Round here poppin like you some OG Jordan head. People going nuts over the "SpaceJams" and making them trending topics and not even knowing where they came from even though the name SPACEJAM is attached to it. They jumpin on +!! because they hear the real head speak about em. They just follow suit, jump on whatever they think is hot. Jay's dropped on Wednesdays, these Saturday cats have no idea.
laugh.gif

"Powder Blue" it was Carolina Blue back when they dropped a Tar Heels color way in each shoe 
Ha! I know what you mean... When my friend Jose rocks his CDP 11s girls be asking him "Are those the red space jams?" and I'm just like "+%%?"
sick.gif
, but yeah some people don't appreciate the shoes. I'm only 16, but I still like the OGs way better then the retros, but the only pair that I have that is OG is the Nubuck 12s.
frown.gif

RED SPACE JAMS!!!???? wowzers!!!
roll.gif

I know it's a "pardon the ignorance" kinda moment there but thats just a glaring representation of the demographic right now that is being satisfied by goods producers. History is out the window, it's all about feeding the hungry, stick-with-the-trend young....(I'm not bashing though cuz we all passed through that stage once) Nothing wrong with that as most have said, times have changed and businesses evolve....target markets are re-evaluated...but "RED SPACE JAMS!?"...thats a classic right thurrrr!!! :haha

First off i just have to say that jaerokk is way out of line for his post, NT is a place where you can praise, discuss, and grieve over shoes so getting at anybody foul on here is out of line. But anyway, Yeah it's nice to be able to get your childhood wants but is it worth it to cop a pair of jordans if they won't be able to stand the tests of time? Also it pains me to see all the grails which i've been searching for years to obtain be released and possibly have the image and name of the shoe be tarnished because jb wants to make more money. So personally i feel that this year is b.s as far as retros but it's what ever, i'll just stock my grails until the newtros are long gone and then i'll rock mine.

Agreed that Jbs dropping alot of stuff this year, but the bottom line is if you dont like it dont buy it. Its pure business and they are just feeding our demand. Concords, infrareds, coolgreys all in one year what do you guys want?

...as for quality thats a whole different issue.

Originally Posted by jaerokk

laugh.gif

this sounds like no one has ever given you the credit that you think you deserve or something.. i find it hard to believe anyone who ever worn a pair of Js wouldnt know how the SpaceJams got theyre name (LOL).. im sure youve been wearing Js for years by the looks of your thinning hair but how can you get upset about the new generation dubbing shoes or having the opportunity to get thier hands on pairs they might not have before for whatever reason.. thats a great idea.. jordan should stop releasing what people want and focus on fusions and the other crap theyve been doing.. did u really think they wouldnt re-release shoes that sold out almost instantly?? granted JB has made some really crappy choices its great for the game.. the only people that would be mad are the ones who copped and stored shoes for a decade.. SMH.. besides.. NT is a place for all sneaker heads to come together and exchange knowledge.. if u dont want someone knowing what you think is "hot" dont post it.

Man sit yo @+$ @+$ down

While you trying to be smart, the guy in my avy is not me. I'ts  Ben Barraaaaa!!

You thought you were doing something

Originally Posted by jaerokk

laugh.gif

this sounds like no one has ever given you the credit that you think you deserve or something.. i find it hard to believe anyone who ever worn a pair of Js wouldnt know how the SpaceJams got theyre name (LOL).. im sure youve been wearing Js for years by the looks of your thinning hair but how can you get upset about the new generation dubbing shoes or having the opportunity to get thier hands on pairs they might not have before for whatever reason.. thats a great idea.. jordan should stop releasing what people want and focus on fusions and the other crap theyve been doing.. did u really think they wouldnt re-release shoes that sold out almost instantly?? granted JB has made some really crappy choices its great for the game.. the only people that would be mad are the ones who copped and stored shoes for a decade.. SMH.. besides.. NT is a place for all sneaker heads to come together and exchange knowledge.. if u dont want someone knowing what you think is "hot" dont post it.

Man sit yo @+$ @+$ down

While you trying to be smart, the guy in my avy is not me. I'ts  Ben Barraaaaa!!

You thought you were doing something
that was 1/10 of my post.. good reply

The reason why we having all these releases this year and the first quarter of next year, so far, is because mj is trying make up for what he lost when he invested in the bobcats...think about it

Worst year no! But jb has released a bunch of crap/filler colorways..I love og colors and that is usually what I go for..but then I love a good retro+ colorway which we really haven't seen lately..in my store we have a ton of retro 6s jus sitting and rotting and I live in a hypebeast city lol..but hey no complaints here..I have been able to start collecting kobes and durants this year..they don't have the history of jordans but they r better quality, better prices, not all the hype, and they have a future lol

Are you serious this is far from the worse year of the retro. Infared Pack, XIII's, Cool Greys, Etc.....Not even close.

ok i guess. ive only gotten the varsity red 6s. and no plans on getting the super hyped infra pack (intl release only anyway). but that's as of now. who knows what else we'll get towards the summer and year's end.

were almost halfway through the year and the only j that i picked up was the motor sport, and i dont see myself buying anything else that drop this year but the Cool Grey X1's and White/Red/Black XIII's. Everything else will be just previous retros from other years.

pretty good year for me. Not just a lot of J's, but the foams also, but i wont go into how much i like them foams, since this is JB forum :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom