2011 AFC East Season Thread vol. 2

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

no *+%*....in the grand scheme of things it means nada...but 2 say the Jets r closer to a 7-9 team than a Super Bowl team when they have been 1 game away from that "Super Bowl" 2 years in a row is idiotic
No, it isn't.  Not at all. 

Look at it closely. 

Henne v Sanchez.  Both suck.  Biggest difference is very simple, The Jets have had a better O-Line, and better playcalling/coaching.  But Mark isn't out there showin the world how it's done, don't you dare forget he almost got his @#$ benched against us just last year.  His team lifted him in the playoffs, and that's good for him, he's learned a lot, great, but don't act like he's some strength coming into this year. 

Thomas and Bush v Greene and LT.  LT may not have anything left this year, you all know that.  Greene is a guy I like, if he can hold the ball, he should be good.  Bush is more of an open space runner, Thomas we will find out.  Last year we had Brown and Ricky, they match up just fine with LT and Greene

Marshall and Bess vs Holmes and jailbird.  Come on.  Have you all looked at your WR depth chart? 
laugh.gif
  It is SCARY.  I see Patrick Turner on there, that's funny to us Dolphin Fans.  We hated him.  Mason is LT in a WR body.  Good luck. 

Keller beats Fasano, no doubt there. 

Your O-Line has been better than us, so we got Pouncey this year to help rebuild along with Jake. 

Defense, Revis and a bunch of solid players.  We all love Bart Scott now because of can't wait, Leonard is a solid glue guy, Cro is hit or miss, big play one minute, burnt the next, Pace will fall off (Rex helps him a lot I think, he was flailing in AZ) David Harris is nice, everyone else is merely good, with good schemes that you all run. 

We are right on par.  Soliai is our anchor in the middle, Starks and Langford on the outside, with our #1 pick last year back from injury being added just like a #1 this year.  We even have depth at the end position.  Then our linebackers read Wake, Dansby, Burnett, and Misi. 
smokin.gif
  Sorry, but that group of LB is beating the Jets backers, just as our DL is an edge to us as well. 

Then we have Vontae and Smith vs Revis and Cro, obvious win for the Jets, and add safeties as well.  They are your strength on D, allows you to do stuff up front to cover for lack of individual talent.  Nolan is in his second year with us now, maybe he starts to add schemes to us as well, not to mention the upgrade from Crowder to Burnett "hopefully" will help us not get killed by Keller all the damn time. 
laugh.gif

Then we have 2 pro bowl type kickers, Carp and Fields.  You guys have FOUR kickers because you are obviously not satisfied with your kicking game.  (NY being a trickier place to kick, I get that) 

That's it.  We're lookin at 6-10 to with a few breaks 9-7 and you all think you're super bowl bound.  But it ain't that way.  You did a great job beating the Pats in NE last year, but honestly, how often you expect that to happen?  You think that's just gonna happen every year?  Didn't they beat you by 40 like 6 weeks before that?  You caught them with some momentum and schemed the @#$% outta Brady, but you act like that just stamps your ticket to every AFC title game from now on. 
laugh.gif
  All it takes is one bad bounce, and you won't even make the playoffs.  The NFL is like that.  So when I said you closer to us than a Super Bowl team, it ain't far fetched one single bit, and I just broke it down for you step by step.  Your team is better than ours right now, but not by that much.  Reality, try to get some.  You'll notice that I am well aware of my team's limitations, I'm pretty sure they are going to ride Henne's career into the dirt this year, and then draft one of the 5 first round QB's next year and go from there.  Writing is on the wall for Chad.  If Sanchez was moved, NY would stand a MUCH better chance than they do right now, I don't care how many road playoff wins he gets, sooner or later it catches up to him and will continue to do so. 

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Dolphins fans acting like 1969 was centuries ago meanwhile the last time they won was only five years after that.
Fair point. 

I don't ever sweat you all on your title or talk about ours, hell, I wasn't even alive for any of them but I know some Dolphin fans do like to point it out.  That's the nature of sports I guess. 
laugh.gif

I have unique perspective on that stuff, I'm a Laker fan, and a Cub fan, I know how it works either way.  100+ years on one end, 1 year on the other.  And the 1 year one eats at me more than the 100 year one.  Go figure. 
laugh.gif

My joking on NY these days is more along the last couple years, nothing to do with the Ken O'Brien days or anything like that. 

Man who cares , When it all boils down we will be playing for a SB while the Dolphins will be playing for position in the draft.
laugh.gif

All that matters is what's going on this year.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Man who cares , When it all boils down we will be playing for a SB while the Dolphins will be playing for position in the draft.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I hope you like the way your words taste, cause your going to be eating them.

Chad is drinking some Hennessy out there
grin.gif

laugh.gif
... sloppy play from the QB that's better than Mark Sanchez.

I hope Henne gets all of these Favre Balls out of his system in the preseason.
30t6p3b.gif

The whole Kyle Orton $$%$ at practice really killed his confidence (after the Broncos game yesterday, he should feel better. Orton is still trash, don't know why we were looking at him).

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 delusions of grandeur

Thats what Henne did?

Im insulted us Jets fans spent as much time as we did entertaining that argument with the Dolphins fans.

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Originally Posted by University of Nike

LOL @ Henne. 
laugh.gif

A 49ers fan laughing at OUR qb?

Ah, yes, the typical "LOL A <looks at sig, finds team to attack> FAN..." response. Whether I'm a 49ers fan, a Patriots fan, or a damn Packers fan... one thing is certain:

Chad Henne is garbage.

Thank you for your time. Enjoy the season.

LOL @ Henne. 
laugh.gif

Ah, yes, the typical "LOL A <looks at sig, finds team to attack> FAN..." response. Whether I'm a 49ers fan, a Patriots fan, or a damn Packers fan... one thing is certain:

Chad Henne is garbage.

Truth right here.
laugh.gif

Chad Henne is garbage.

Truth right here.
laugh.gif

since dolphin fans like living in the past and bashing on every team,  i think they should be reminded about super bowl 19,  and the fact they've been a running joke ever since then,  just saying stuff that's actually true. that team squandered dan marinos talent and it's a shame.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

roll.gif
at dudes talking PRESEASON. OMG, CHADZ WAZ 1 OF 5!!!

Can we be serious in here?
If he had thrown 10-12 for 150 yds and 2 touchdowns youd be telling us how promising your season is looking.
Dead Serious.

Back
Top Bottom