2011 Air Jordan III (3) Blk/Cement-Grey: Aftermath Thread

How do these fit? I've never owned a pair of 3s. My black/red I's are size 9 btw

and it seems like the quality is subpar. Should settle with these or get the CDPs?

How do these fit? I've never owned a pair of 3s. My black/red I's are size 9 btw

and it seems like the quality is subpar. Should settle with these or get the CDPs?

^^im a 10 in every shoes except Jays...i go a size down...

and i never had the CDPs so i cant say which is better...i got my black cements in august and i love em

^^im a 10 in every shoes except Jays...i go a size down...

and i never had the CDPs so i cant say which is better...i got my black cements in august and i love em

I don't have the 2011 Black Cements in hand for a direct comparison, but based off of the 2011 white cements I have, I'd say the difference between 2011s IIIs and CDPs are:

- 2011 black cements have shiny leather on the upper, CDPs don't; can clearly tell that from pics.
- Midsole paint on the 2011s seem to be holding up pretty well (so far), and CDPs will probably start having cracks after 10 wears or so (that's what happened with mine)
- Tongue on the CDPs is thicker than the one on my 2011 WCs. Don't know if that's any different for the 2011 BCs.
- Toebox on 2011s crease more easily than the CDPs. I don't know if that's cuz of differences in leather/pleather or any of that, but just my observation. My 2011 WCs, after wearing them regularly have a bit of that banana-esque shape to them cuz the toe box curls from the creasing, but my CDPs pretty much have the same shape despite a crease on the toe from regular walking.
- comfort-wise, I think the 2011s seem to have slightly better cushioning than the CDPs
- cushioning around the ankle is about the same to me.

Those are the major differences for me anyway, and again I'm doing that comparison off of the 2011 white cement IIIs, don't have the 2011 black cement IIIs to do a direct comparison with so there might have been changes. Hope that helps a bit though.

I don't have the 2011 Black Cements in hand for a direct comparison, but based off of the 2011 white cements I have, I'd say the difference between 2011s IIIs and CDPs are:

- 2011 black cements have shiny leather on the upper, CDPs don't; can clearly tell that from pics.
- Midsole paint on the 2011s seem to be holding up pretty well (so far), and CDPs will probably start having cracks after 10 wears or so (that's what happened with mine)
- Tongue on the CDPs is thicker than the one on my 2011 WCs. Don't know if that's any different for the 2011 BCs.
- Toebox on 2011s crease more easily than the CDPs. I don't know if that's cuz of differences in leather/pleather or any of that, but just my observation. My 2011 WCs, after wearing them regularly have a bit of that banana-esque shape to them cuz the toe box curls from the creasing, but my CDPs pretty much have the same shape despite a crease on the toe from regular walking.
- comfort-wise, I think the 2011s seem to have slightly better cushioning than the CDPs
- cushioning around the ankle is about the same to me.

Those are the major differences for me anyway, and again I'm doing that comparison off of the 2011 white cement IIIs, don't have the 2011 black cement IIIs to do a direct comparison with so there might have been changes. Hope that helps a bit though.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by nikeairon

You think Footlocker will let people use the bday coupon on these???

just depends if the manager is cool with using the coupon. ask about a week before and usually they'll be straight up with an answer. hopefully they let me use my veteran's discount.

FTL has to let you use the birthday coupon or your veterans discount its in their policy. so if the manager doesn't let you use it you can complain... 

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by nikeairon

You think Footlocker will let people use the bday coupon on these???

just depends if the manager is cool with using the coupon. ask about a week before and usually they'll be straight up with an answer. hopefully they let me use my veteran's discount.

FTL has to let you use the birthday coupon or your veterans discount its in their policy. so if the manager doesn't let you use it you can complain... 

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

anyone in queens ny that is lookin for a pair, i got 3-4 spots that said they are expecting their shipments by tomorrow

any specifics would be great. have the day off so I may go explore some low key spots today

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

anyone in queens ny that is lookin for a pair, i got 3-4 spots that said they are expecting their shipments by tomorrow

any specifics would be great. have the day off so I may go explore some low key spots today

Originally Posted by carmine23

Can anyone who has been wearing these tell me if they have any paint chipping
I've worn mine now 150-175 hours and no signs of cracking or chipping.

Originally Posted by carmine23

Can anyone who has been wearing these tell me if they have any paint chipping
I've worn mine now 150-175 hours and no signs of cracking or chipping.

Back
Top Bottom