2011 another great year for college football

laugh.gif
@ people giving JoePa a pass on this, especially Big Ten folks/writers.

Yes, JoePa went to the AD and reported the allegations.  He didn't say anything when nothing happened, he didn't confront his long time friend.  JoePa had a platform, but the decided to protect his old crony in hopes that this situation would go away...and it did.  This came to him in 2002, and nothing came out until now, almost a decade later.  I'm all for protecting friends and family, but not something like this.  It is indefensible, JoePa has a platform he can easily access...the media, and he failed to do so.  This predator continued to live free a decade after he found out about the incident that occured in his own locker room.  Simply disgusting.

On a less serious note:

- I don't see Oregon as this unstoppable force, frankly I got Stanford on Saturday in a nail-biter.
- Okie State looked human, and their defense looked like doo-doo, but they won and that is all that matters.
- The LSU-Bama game was exciting personally, but HELL NO, to a rematch.  If Saturday's game would've been the NCG, I would've been pissed.  It was an exciting regular season game.
- That being said, both offenses are atrocious, yes both teams have defenses that are head and shoulders above everyone else, but their offenses make them vulnerable.
-  LSU and Bama are NOT head and shoulders above everyone else, their defenses are but not their teams as a whole.  (I know, same point twice).
- Let's not forget this LSU team gave up a ton of yardage to West Virginia...500+ if I remember correctly.
- Who didn't see Michigan losing to Iowa?  Tough road game, in  tough venue against a team that just had a disappointing loss.
- Nebraska,
30t6p3b.gif
, at home too,
30t6p3b.gif

- Texas A&M is such a disappointment this year.
- The Arkansas/LSU game is going to be a barn burner.  Going to go with the dark horse and say LSU falls here.
-
laugh.gif
@ UCLA beating ASU, wish it was enough to save Slick Ricks job but it's not.  Don't see them winning their remaining road games.  They'll make a bowl since playing Colorado is an automatic W.  Slick Rick gets the boot...damn!
- You have to love what Sarkisian is doing in Washington, they don't have the firepower against elite teams... yet.  However, this was a team that was 0-12 in 2008.  Not a fan of Holt though, eventually Sark will have to give his homie the boot.  It was no secret that when Holt was the DC at SC, Pete called the shots.

Bold BCS predictions:

Spoiler [+]
1. LSU- Upset against Arkansas will cause an ugly three way tie in the SEC West between LSU, Bama and Arkansas.  Bama gets the nod to play in the SEC title game based on BCS standing and plays...drum roll... Georgia.
2. Okie State- Despite a nail biter in Stillwater, the Cowboys win out and earn a spot in the National Title game.
3. Alabama- Ugly three way tie sets up a date with Georgia in the SEC title game, which Bama wins.  Setting up a date with the Cowboys in the title game.
4. Stanford- They beat Oregon at The Farm, but it isn't enough to put the Cardinal in the title game.  NT'er AndrewLuck posts pr0n in the 2011 College football thread 2.0 and gets it locked, and he gets banned, he comes back with the SN "LevineToilolo" and the 2011 CFB- Bowl Season Vol 3.0 thread is born.
5. Boise State- Poor Boise St, gets left out again, but their move to the Big East assures the faithful that this will be the last time.  Possible LSU-Boise State matchup in a BCS Bowl
nerd.gif

6. Oklahoma- Not enough firepower to overcome the Cowboys in Stillwater.
7. Oregon- They salvage their season by destroying Oregon State 89-12, but it doesn't change the Ducks flight south to the... Alamo Bowl.
8. Arkansas- Pull the upset against LSU to create an ugly three way tie.  Bama beats them in the regular season and in the final BCS bowls so Bama gets the nod.  NT'er Trillipino on his way home for the holidays passes through Tuscaloosa, Alabama and has a good experience at a local restaurant.  Gives him enough reason to become a Bama fan.  Roll Tide!
9. Clemson- Reeling from their ugly loss to Georgia Tech, Clemson wins out, including a Heisman like performance from Sammy Watkins against South Carolina...
10. Virginia Tech- Despite a loss to Virginia, they earn a nod in the ACC title game.  This time the Hokies beat the Tigers.

All this can go to crap on a weekly basis.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

7. Oregon- They salvage their season by destroying Oregon State 89-12, but it doesn't change the Ducks flight south to the... Alamo Bowl.
8. Arkansas- Pull the upset against LSU to create an ugly three way tie.  Bama beats them in the regular season and in the final BCS bowls so Bama gets the nod.  NT'er Trillipino on his way home for the holidays passes through Tuscaloosa, Alabama and has a good experience at a local restaurant.  Gives him enough reason to become a Bama fan.  Roll Tide!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

- Texas A&M is such a disappointment this year.
was it you, or another usc fan that went on some rant a week or so ago about the bigXII?  if it was you, then i am shocked that you would be so informative and knowledgeable of this conference, but would still expect more from this team. 

...haven't won the conference since '98........c'mon son.

1. LSU- Upset against Arkansas will cause an ugly three way tie in the SEC West between LSU, Bama and Arkansas. Bama gets the nod to play in the SEC title game based on BCS standing and plays...drum roll... Georgia.

if bama and LSU have same record, SEC goes by Head to head wins over BCS standing.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

1. LSU- Upset against Arkansas will cause an ugly three way tie in the SEC West between LSU, Bama and Arkansas. Bama gets the nod to play in the SEC title game based on BCS standing and plays...drum roll... Georgia.

if bama and LSU have same record, SEC goes by Head to head wins over BCS standing.
i heard them arguing this on Mike and Mike this morning and they were convinced a late season loss would vault Bama over LSU and i was like "but it's head to head...".  But would Arkansas be totally left out of the equation? 

Also hypo: LSU plays in the SECCG and loses to go 11-2.  Does that then put a 12-1 Bama team (that lost to LSU and didn't even play in its own conference championship let alone win it) into the NCG?

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

i heard them arguing this on Mike and Mike this morning and they were convinced a late season loss would vault Bama over LSU and i was like "but it's head to head...".  But would Arkansas be totally left out of the equation? 

Also hypo: LSU plays in the SECCG and loses to go 11-2.  Does that then put a 12-1 Bama team (that lost to LSU and didn't even play in its own conference championship let alone win it) into the NCG?

If they all end up tied, it goes to the last tiebreaker which will be order of finish in the BCS standings.

If the 2nd tied team is within 5 spots of the top team, it will go down to the head to head of the top 2 teams. Now who those 2 teams will be, we have no idea. I think it's a certain that LSU will be one of the teams if there is a tie, but who will be the other team?

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by soychulo

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

If you can't win your conference I don't think you should be in the national championship.

LOL.  A little weird coming from a fan of a Pac-12 team.

How is that weird?

Enlighten us all, please.

The Pac-12 will play the championship game on the home field of one of the teams.  Makes no sense.  Why not a neutral field?  All of these years they've avoided having a championship game and now that they do it can't be neutral?
As far as the argument that you need to win your conference championship, it is easy to make that argument as long as you're not putting it on the line versus a top 2 team within your conference.   The LSU/Bama game was close enough that if they both win the rest of their games a rematch should be seriously considered.

No point in arguing anymore rght now. Let's just wait and see what Stanford and Ok St do against very good teams. Neither has an impressive win against a real good team yet.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

LOL.  A little weird coming from a fan of a Pac-12 team.

How is that weird?

Enlighten us all, please.

The Pac-12 will play the championship game on the home field of one of the teams.  Makes no sense.  Why not a neutral field?  All of these years they've avoided having a championship game and now that they do it can't be neutral?
As far as the argument that you need to win your conference championship, it is easy to make that argument as long as you're not putting it on the line versus a top 2 team within your conference.   The LSU/Bama game was close enough that if they both win the rest of their games a rematch should be seriously considered.
I think the argument holds up very well. If you cannot win your own division and/or conference, why should you be in the national championship? It was stupid when Colorado whipped Nebraska and won the Big 12 only to have Nebraska go to the NC in 2001. It'd be stupid again this year.
As far as the Pac-12 having "avoided" a championship game... Last time I checked, you had to have 12 teams to hold a conference championship game by NCAA rule, and I do believe that this is the first year of having 12 teams in the league. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say with that.

I was going by the logic of Bama and Arkansas winning out and LSU losing to Bama. That scenario leaves everyone with the same overall record and same conference record.

Bama beat Arkansas
LSU beat Bama
Arkansas beat LSU

Head to head would be out the door, which means the next tie breaker goes to highest BCS ranking (assuming based on the Big XII scenario that played out a couple years ago). Bama is sitting pretty at 3, which means an late LSU loss would vault them to #2.

don't know if this has been posted, i know it's from a couple of weeks ago but i finally found a good vid of this guy on skates
roll.gif

thomas is gonna be a problem in the future

As long as we finish within 5 spots of LSU and are ahead of Bama in the BCS,we go to the SECCG,so you are correct Ironman.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

No point in arguing anymore rght now. Let's just wait and see what Stanford and Ok St do against very good teams. Neither has an impressive win against a real good team yet.

Who has alabama beat that's any good?

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

Arkansas

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by AndrewLuck

Arkansas

Penn St is 8-1 as well... plus both wins we're dominating ones. Not triple OT or having to come from behind or anything. Complete domination.

i have a bad feeling that saturday in starkville is going to be a massacre
frown.gif

really did not want to face a pissed off bama team... especially now that they still have a tiny bit of hope left.

Back
Top Bottom