2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Chris Thompson broke his back 
sick.gif

Like a Mike Tyson "broken back," or he really did it?

roll.gif
 those were my exact words when my homie informed me of what happened

Originally Posted by Statis22

Who's the 3 stringer and why can't he get a look?

kenny guiton. Had Ohio State got the ball back on the last series, he was set to go in.

The season just keeps going bad to worse. Suspensions, injuries, more suspensions, more injuries, losing, epic fails.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by IYE2

Originally Posted by Statis22

Who's the 3 stringer and why can't he get a look?

kenny guiton. Had Ohio State got the ball back on the last series, he was set to go in.

The season just keeps going bad to worse. Suspensions, injuries, more suspensions, more injuries, losing, epic fails.
sick.gif
Brionte???? It will happen my friend. 

laugh.gif
goooone.
But I think it also depends on who (and how fast) they announce as head coach next year. Urban
nerd.gif

I see your scumbag Joe jpeg and raise you.........
1znwqph.jpg

Watching Bauserman throw the ball like Mark Sanchez in the NFL app commercial was quite comical. His accuracy is that bad?

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Clemson, 2010 Auburn lite????
Or am I reaching?

And I got flamed for this??

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm Looking Like A Genius 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
Ill bump this after they are murdered by VT in 2 weeks.
Clemson, 2010 Auburn lite.
And, ya'll wanna call me a troll. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

College Football's Most Overrated? Try Florida State
Article
Comments (1)
MORE IN SPORTS MAIN »
Email
Print
Save
↓ More

smaller
Larger

Associated Press
Florida State's EJ Manuel, left, and Rashad Gholston, right, look on from the bench in the second half of their 35-30 loss against Wake Forest on Oct. 8.

Florida State is the new Notre Dame. And no, that's not a compliment.

For years, sports writers have falsely forecasted Notre Dame's return to football glory, giving the Fighting Irish preseason hype that they ultimately don't live up to. The true national champion of this phenomenon, though, is Florida State.

Since 2001, the Seminoles have been overrated more than any other major program based on the change between how many votes they get in the preseason Associated Press poll and the final one (including this season). Over this span, the Seminoles have finished with 60.4% fewer points in the poll than they began with. That's the largest decline of any team with at least five preseason-poll appearances over this span.

California has the second-biggest drop-off (-47.7%), which is owed to the Golden Bears' repeated failures in the mid-2000s.

Tennessee (-40.1%) and Nebraska (-33.0%) are next-worst. Notre Dame is "only" at -30.5%. The Irish have finished each of the past five seasons with fewer poll points than they started, but they haven't been getting many votes to begin with lately. (Notre Dame was ranked 16th before this season; the Irish are currently unranked.)

The Seminoles have had several disappointing seasons in recent years as they've tried to rejoin the sport's elite, but this season is truly a masterpiece. Ranked No. 6 by the AP before the season, Florida State (2-3) has fallen out of the polls by losing to Oklahoma (understandable), Clemson (forgivable) and Wake Forest (ouch).

—Darren Everson
Don't Believe the Hype

Since 2001, the teams with the highest dropoff in points from the preseason poll to the final poll.

TeamConferencepct.
Florida StateACC-60.4
CaliforniaPac-12-47.7
TennesseeSEC-40.1
NebraskaBig Ten-33.0
FloridaSEC-30.9
Notre DameIndependent-30.5
Miami (Fla.)ACC-27.7
MichiganBig Ten-23.7
Virginia TechACC-20.1
OklahomaBig 12-19.7
Source: WSJ research Note: Chart includes this season.

http://online.wsj.com/art...4576621010225742674.html

Was listening to the Miami v Va Tech game on the radio and when 'Sandman' came on you already knew what time it was.

Turner Gill is in serious trouble at KU. I was all for his hiring early on despite his, well lack of success as a head coach. I knew this season was a loss from the beginning but this team is getting worse by the minute. Yes we are losing to far superior opponents but the way we are losing is embarrassing. Reports are this team only goes live for 6 plays during the week. No wonder this team is so soft and can't tackle.

Back
Top Bottom