eek.gif
@ that catch by whoever that was on DubVee

Nice.

eek.gif
@ Dabo

He is actually right – they ain’t Alabama, they ain’t
LSU and they certainly are not Clemson. That is why Carolina is in
Chapel Hill, USC is in California and the University of South Carolina
always has been and always will be in Clemson.

smokin.gif

Sig worthy,
laugh.gif

Dabo going off.
laugh.gif

Gus Malzhan interviewed for the UNC job yesterday. He pitched bringing a top notch staff with him. I'm skeptical of his abilities and am unsure he could bring on such a staff with the little BCS coaching experience he has. It's looking like were not going to get Petersen or Sumlin. Thanks to our dumb #!@ chancellor, we're going to end up paying more money to get an inferior head coach.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

5am you seen anything on the VT boards regarding the UNC job?

Nah haven't seen anything besides the news about Malzhan awhile ago. There's one dude on Rivals that usually has news about that stuff and the only thing he's posted was about Chad Morris possibly going to Clemson, nothing about UNC. I remember seeing something about Skip Holtz and UNC but I don't know if it was grounded in anything.

Really hope Sumlin doesn't leave UH, but if he does (can't blame him with Case gone and especially if he is offered the A&M gig + more money), I hope he doesn't pull an Art Briles and leave before the season ends and takes his staff and recruits with him. Still despise Briles til this day (remember how RG3 was initially a UH signee then bolted to Baylor with Briles?)

dabo is 1-3 vs. the coots...but he just owned spurrier right there. I don't think he was making excuses for getting it handed to him the past three years...just defending the program and stating facts!!! This is what the "rivalry" needed because it has been lacking since the brawl. I hope they play that last quote right before they run down the hill next year before the usc game. Death Valley would be rocking.
smokin.gif

"My kids' grandkids won't live long enough to see this really become a rivalry"  
roll.gif
  Swag

Wow Mike Sherman found out he was fired by a recruits mom while he was on a in home visit... *facepalm*

Shaq Thompson : " I like Cal, but Im really considering SC, ND Oregon & UDUB."

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Wow Mike Sherman found out he was fired by a recruits mom while he was on a in home visit... *facepalm*
It might just be me really hoping that isn't true, but I don't buy that. I believe Sherman was notified that he wasn't going to be retained when he met with one of the members of the BOR yesterday morning, then told he would kept on staff until that night after he got a chance to talk to Matt Davis. Matt Davis was Sherman's prized jewel in the 2012 class and those two had a really close bond. Sherman was scheduled to have an in-home visit last night with Davis and went in to the visit talking about how Davis should keep his commitment to TAMU and do big things there. That's what makes me think that Sherman had already previously been told that he wasn't going to be retained.

That also kind of plays into the whole thing the media came out with about TAMU deciding to fire Sherman, but "not notifying him yet." Someone in the media probably had one of their sources say that it was decided Sherman was gone, but that it wasn't official yet, and they ran with that as Sherman not being notified. Either way, I just really hope that Loftin and Byrne had the decency to let the guy know before the media found out. I didn't like Sherman as a coach, but he's one hell of a great guy away from football and doesn't deserve that kind of treatment.

I really want Ron Zook or Tim Brewster to be considered for positions on the new staff. If it's Sumlin and he keeps DeRuyter on staff, see if Zook might be interested in a Recruiting Coordinator/DB Coach position on the staff. He might get better offers from other schools, but it's worth a shot. See if Brewster would be interested in a Recruiting Coordinator/TE Coach position. I just want one of those guys on staff. We have to get rid of some of the dead weight on the staff, specifically Tim Cassidy and Chuck McMillan.

Edit: According to the TAMU 24/7 guys, Sherman was apparently 5 minutes away from Matt Davis's house when he was called and notified that he was fired, and Sherman then called Davis and talked to him on the phone. I still don't believe that Sherman left the meeting with Wilson yesterday morning with the notion that the chances of him being fired were 50/50...I think he probably left there knowing that they just needed to finish some things up before officially letting him go.

Isn't the new AD @ UNC the guy from Tulsa?

Mahlzan (or a Mahlzan disciple) was a given from the get go.

Trojans look like the team to beat for JUCO OL Kyle Long, should they want/take him.

Urban Meyer has talked to Jeff Driskell & his mom about transferring to OSU. Also if Malzahn ends up @ UNC, Driskell could end up there as well.

Regardless it seems like Driskell and UF are donezo. Weiss already has his guy (Brissett)

Franklin staying put at Vandy. Extended his contract and gave him and all his assistants a raise. Looking at around 3 mil a year. Our DC Shoop turned down an opportunity to interview for the HC job at Richmond.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Who do y'all lose of this years squad?
Not much, only had 9 scholarship seniors. Marve, Casey, our SS Richardson, AND DE Fugger on defense. On offense, our starting TE, Barden.

We get back Warren Norman who sat this season out w/ a knee injury.

Casey and Marve were your two best defenders, correct?
Yessir. I meant not much in terms of overall #'s. Will return around 17 starters. Linebacker will be the biggest concern for this team next year

What's the deal with Da'Rick?
Not sure how I feel about the Dabo thing.  It's great that fired back and had some balls about it and what he said was true...but they've also beaten us the last 3 years which is unheard of.  Talk is cheap.

No deal with Da'Rick.

Scumbag Steves spread rumors bc they want to believe theres more to Charlie Baggett Leaving then what he said.

LMAOOOoOOOOOashshsd I just got a text saying they booted Da'Rick for wearing a Cal Berley ksweater to end of season meeting with coaches

LMAOOOoOOOOOashshsd I just got a text saying they booted Da'Rick for wearing a Cal Berley ksweater to end of season meeting with coaches
*#* is a Cal Berley?  I was gonna say Da'Rick can't even spell Berkeley but I can't even tell if that's what you were trying to say. 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom