2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

I BEEN heard Saban goin to Texas...now Mack leavin..? idk why, but i believe it 
shrug.gif

roll.gif
 Tune you gettin' ready for that press conference?
HarveyUpdyke.png

roll damn saban...roll..!

He's not owed $8 million... He supposedly never signed his extension.
laugh.gif

Sumlin.
pimp.gif
or Kirby Smart, apparently.

He never wanted the SEC move, so I wouldn't be surprised if he never signed the extension. If he really didn't sign it, as is being reported, the buyout is closer to somewhere in the $3MM-$5MM range.

laugh.gif
Damn Dabo went OFF
laugh.gif

Transcript for those who can't watch the vid:

CLEMSON – Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says he agrees with South
Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier in that the University of South
Carolina isn’t Clemson.

Several news agencies have reported that the South Carolina head coach
was asked about the status of his program following the Gamecocks’
34-13 win over Clemson, and he said, "We ain't LSU or Alabama but we
ain't Clemson either."

Swinney was asked to comment following the Tigers’ Thursday practice
for the ACC Championship, and it was easy to tell that Swinney took
offense to Spurrier’s remarks.

“I heard that. That kind of thing gets back to you,â€

Originally Posted by dreClark

This years SEC conference isn't really 'Strong' this year though. Well, as strong as it typically is.

Arkansas got blasted by the top 2 teams in the conference.

UGA lucked out and dodged both this year.

Arkansas is still arkansas.

Back to back 10 win seasons? I'll take it.. CBP is lightyears ahead of where Nutt was after 10 years in just his 4th year, I like where the program is headed. It was expected that we'd be rebuilding, so I can't even be mad at this team thoroughly getting beat by Bama/LSU.

SEC lost a lot of talent last year, but it should be a bit more competitive next season.  

Yeah, Jay... He met with the AD today, drove to Matt Davis' house for an in-home and told him he still felt he should honor his word and do big things for Texas A&M...
laugh.gif

Just thought of this. Most everyone agrees that LSU will still play for a title even if they lose to Georgia. Bama is idle, and Okie St plays #10 Oklahoma which will improve their computer ranking if they win. The rankings in the computers are:

1. LSU (1.00)
2. OSU (.95)
3. Bama (.93)

If LSU loses, there's a chance Oklahoma State could jump LSU in the computers, and give them enough of a bump to pass Bama in the BCS. I know this sounds crazy, but it's not impossible; Okie St's computer ranking only dropped from .98 to .95 when they lost to Iowa St, which was still good enough for 2nd. So it's likely that LSU losing against a better opponent wouldn't hurt their computer ranking enough to drop them lower than 2nd. LSU losing would also hurt Bama's computer ranking since Bama's strength of schedule would take a slight hit.

I'd bet if Okie St wins they'll also get voted up ahead of Stanford and VT by voters who want to see a conference champion in the MNC, which will increase their poll average as well.

IMO Okie St is a much more favorable matchup for LSU than Bama is, and it's extremely difficult to beat the same team twice in the same season. Especially when that team outplayed you in the first matchup and only lost because they missed 4 field goals. I'm not saying LSU should lose on purpose; but they might end up with a more winnable title game by losing to UGA.

Every A&M board is losing their ##%% over the idea of Sumlin...
laugh.gif

Fedora, Sumlin, Strong, Smart... Probably one of those four...

Looks like a real possibility.. He GA'd at A&M and he has supposedly reached out and expressed interest in one way or another...

And Louisville's AD has been the name that's been thrown around most in regards to replacing the Aggies' AD who was just told he would fire Mike Sherman today.
laugh.gif

I seen that if offered Sumlin would probably accept with DeRuyter and the defensive staff staying in place, if possible.

I'm gonna jump off a bridge if WVU doesn't win this game
laugh.gif

EDIT: Geno Smith is a !!@+$$# buffoon. How the hell are you gonna take that sack? 

Now that I know Strong has interest in the position (supposedly), I think he's the guy I want.

I think he'd need to bring in a couple of guys that could recruit Texas really well, though.

Back
Top Bottom