2011 another great year for college football

I don't expect people to agree with me because I know my view probably comes across as insensitive in regards to a pretty sensitive situation. The circumstances were truly tragic, and the game honestly should not have been played. But the game was played, and the fact of the matter is that Oklahoma State lost. I've seen the flip side of this deal, when the TAMU Bonfire collapsed in 1999 and TAMU beat Texas. Again, another situation in which the game probably shouldn't have been played at the time, but all people mentioned afterwards was how great it was that TAMU went out and won the game for the families of the victims and the university as a whole.

And just to be clear, I don't think it's silly that people think the circumstances should be taken into account. I can understand why people would want that to be done. The whole "the game shouldn't have been played" vs. "good for the team for going out and winning" argument is just simple human psychology, and that's fine with me. I'm just stating my unpopular opinion.
Originally Posted by Newbs24

Heard aTm might be a destination for him as well if their new HC reaches out to him.
He graduated from TAMU, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind making it back. I just think the process of hiring a new coach might take a little longer than expected, and Morris might not have enough time to sit on the OSU offer while seeing if the new TAMU coach comes with an offer. If we get someone like Strong or Smart, I'd absolutely love having Morris on board. His connections in the Texas HS circle would be so valuable in recruiting when you consider guys like Smart or Strong wouldn't have those connections right off the bat. Well, that, and the fact that he seems to be a damn good OC so far in his career.

yeah, i don't think it's fair to bring the tragedies into this either... one school experienced a devastating plane crash; the other experienced a devastating tornado.

Originally Posted by bamaboy256

Originally Posted by Caerus

Exactly! This dude Moody acting like Bama played such a tough schedule, it really wasn't that tough. I can't take him seriously anymore, Ironman sold me on Okie State case for the NC. He's 110% right.

It's not even that I dont want to see a rematch, what most is saying is that Bama' HAD their shot & lost AT HOME to LSU. IMO, they had their shot!
Point Blank.
Bama vs. LSU - Bama's winning percentages all time

At Home: 58%
At LSU: 73%
and your point is? what do these meaningless stats of the past mean anything now?

Originally Posted by IYE2

^They need to sell out. Money shouldnt be a problem for Ohio St.
No doubt...they aren't messing around.  Clemson's Rivals site supposedly has an article stating Ohio State is offering $1.5 million/year.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

nobody wants to watch your team.
and people want to see michigan play?

roll.gif

You can't be cereal, can you? 

They travel better than damn near every team in the nation. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

u didnt say what team travels better tho

In the B1G NOBODY.... (Browneyes prob just as deep)
Thats why it is such an easy choice for the BCS.

Sugar Bowl reps were saying from the minute that Michigan beat the Browneyes that they would grab Michigan with the quickness. 

They could sell 60k of those 76k with ease. 

Danny Sheridan
DannySheridan1 Danny Sheridan
Sugar: Mich-VaTech; Fiesta: Stanford-Ok State; Rose Oregon-Wisc & Orange Clem-W.Va: BCS NC Game: Ala-LSU

I think Mike is saying nobody wants to watch Michigan on TV, not that Michigan fans don't want to watch Michigan in person.

Originally Posted by tmay407

I think Mike is saying nobody wants to watch Michigan on TV, not that Michigan fans don't want to watch Michigan in person.
Michigan is fun as hell to watch. 
Denard is either a train wreck or a runaway train. 

No middle ground with him, he makes it hella fun and frustrating. 

my whole thing has been seeing the 2 best teams play it out in the NC.

we finally get that in my opinion with lsu v. bama

i dont think anyone honestly believes okie st is better than bama. even those that argue for okie st; who is a great team, couldnt possibly see them as one of the best teams

i mean people complained about the bcs and now they want the very system that they complained about to step in an allow one of the best teams to not play the next best team for the title. if you honestly feel okie st. is the next best team then i can respect your argument. if you feel bama is the 2nd best team but feel okie st should play for a title then i just cant agree with that.

i honestly think lsu would beat okie st. that weak defense would get handled, LSU's "weak" offense puts up points(except when the play the 1b. of the NCAA) and chavis would slow there offense down, their just too physical IMO. we've seen this before....

VT travel well????

Thought KState would get the bid.... Even Boise....

Our fanbase has been begging to get back to the Sugar Bowl ever since '99, and is pretty sick of going to the Orange Bowl/CFA Bowl. But if we did make the Sugar I'm not sure how good the turnout would be as I'd guess a lot of people are down on the team right now. Our fans haven't traveled as well since people smartened up to the fact that we lose all our big games
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

VT travel well????

Thought KState would get the bid.... Even Boise....

Our fanbase has been begging to get back to the Sugar Bowl ever since '99, and is pretty sick of going to the Orange Bowl/CFA Bowl. But if we did make the Sugar I'm not sure how good the turnout would be as I'd guess a lot of people are down on the team right now. Our fans haven't traveled as well since people smartened up to the fact that we lose all our big games
laugh.gif

This. No offense against you, but %+@+ Virginia Tech. I'm sick of seeing them get hyped up only to lose every single nationally televied and/or big game they play in. It ain't even like they barely lose. Most of the time they lay a frickin' egg.

TAMU vs. Northwestern in the Meinike Car Care Bowl in Houston. Let's do this HankMoody.

eek.gif
if VTech gets a BCS bowl bid...
roll.gif
roll.gif
, why? 
roll.gif
It's not like they play in a great conference.  TCU (Even with 2 L's) and Boise State...hell even Houston are better candidates than VTech.

It's looking like Bama/LSU,
30t6p3b.gif

I left out the Big East, 'cause I wish their AQ status would be revoked with the garbage they put out year in and year out.

I honestly don't know why we got a bid, I agree we don't deserve one at all. But Houston is not a better candidate @#%+.

Back
Top Bottom