2011 another great year for college football

laugh.gif
Charlie Strong really said that?

UVA must be looking past FSU, making a promotional video begging people to show up to a football game against your rival
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

No way Charlie said that, I'm selling.  
roll.gif
roll.gif

Good weekend in college football.

- Jeebus Christ, Baylor,
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

- All Texas Tech has done after beating Oklahoma is get their %%+ kicked, week in and week out,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- Illinois and ASU sure know how to tank promising seasons. I can see Zook surviving one more year, don't know about Erickson. ASU is such an awful team on the road.
- UCLA,
laugh.gif

- Pac 11 Championship game will be Oregon against ASU/Utah/UCLA...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. How fitting that the championship game will possibly feature a 6-6 team. @!@@ you Larry Scott,
smokin.gif

- Completely forgot about Miami vs. FSU, no shots intended,
tired.gif

- I was hoping Penn State would pull the upset at Home. Not for Paterno, but for the Players, they are caught up in this #@*@ storm when all they want to do is play ball and go to class (Most). FUBAR!

USC/Washington thoughts:

Spoiler [+]
Turn the sound off.

- Really impressed with the way the defense stepped up. There is more speed now, they are raw that is the only concern right now. four of the seven front seven are Freshmen (Tavai, Uko, Dawson, Bailey and Pullard). *I said four because Tavai didn't start, he rotated in.

- Loved the aggressiveness on the safety, Chris Polk got mollywhopped by Dion Bailey (1:48 in the video). Heads up play by Bailey, took away a shovel option from Price, and simply leveled Polk. Where those Husky fans at,
nerd.gif

- I expected more from Washington, however it seems they came with a game plan, got outcoached and simply folded. Very dissapointed.

- So much for the "Barkley just locks on to Woods" theory. Marqise Lee
smokin.gif
, boys cookin'

- Saturday is going to be a barn burner, this team is hyped and frankly it will be a better game than OU/Stanford which was a complete dud.
- Good warm up game for next weeks showdown, this game was won in the trenches.
- I criticized Jawanza Starling from the jump, he has really improved the past three games. You can take the liability tag off now.
- This team is going to be a problem... #feelsgoodman
- CLK and Company, couldn't ask for a better staff to handle what we are going through, think our fan base is finally seeing the sunshine coming through the clouds.

I would be surprised to see LSU lose to Arkansas based on their defense.

I wouldn't, I can see an upset. Wouldn't bet on it, but can see it.

In my mind, and from what I have seen, there is LSU and Alabama, then Ok.st, Okl, Oregon, Boise, Clemson, Va. tech, etc....On a neutral field, I dont see any of the second group hanging with either LSU or Alabama. Their O's would get slowed down significantly and their D's aren't tough enough to stop either LSU or Alabama dead in their tracks.
That's because you've been ingesting what ESPN feeds you. I don't see Bama and LSU above Oklahoma State and Oregon. Their defenses are better, but their offenses are not. LSU didn't slow Oregon's offense down. They did create turnovers and that is how they won the game. They still gave up 400+ yards of offense, and let's not forget that West Virginia put up 500+ yards up on LSU. LSU does what great teams do and that is create opportunities and capitalize.

I don't know where you get this "tough enough" nonsense,
laugh.gif

This is really a two-horse race, but in all likelihood, OK.ST will crash the party and then figure out the same thing Oregon did last year in the nat'l championship game. Extraordinary defense wins over gimmicky and high octane offense. Especially if coordinators have time to break it down.
You forget that Auburn had a kid named Cam Newton, Bama and LSU don't. Trent Richardson is good, but if you stack the box, theres's no Julio Jones for McCarron to throw to. Just me though.

Bold Predictions that no one cares about;

Spoiler [+]
1. LSU- Same as last week, loses to Arakansas, BCS mayhem ensues. Bama gains a trip to the SEC title game based on BCS ranking. Mayhem, Mayhem, Mayhem!!!
2. Okie St.- Beat Oklahoma in Stillwater, killing any chance of Bob Stoops losing to an SEC team in a BCS bowl...
3. Bama- Wins the SEC scramble to play Georgia in the SEC title game. Bama's D can't stop the 11AM train. Cardo posts every possible picture/gif/video of Georgia's win 'causing NT to shut down for three days. Countless NT'ers can't get their girl problems solved in General, Method Man calls for a state of emergency where he finally reveals himself, however his face remains a mystery since he borrowed Gunna's webcam.
4. Oregon- A second loss sends Oregon to the Rose Bowl to face off against Wisconsin.
5. Oklahoma- The loss to Okie State sends Bob Stoops and company on a date with Houston in the ...Fiesta Bowl.
6. Arkansas - Beats LSU to stir the pot, and earns a spot in a BCS bowl....or not.
7. Clemson - That win against Wake, *wipes brow*, sorry ddot, think they take the L in the ACC title game.
8. VTech - Another BCS (Orange) bowl for the Hokies, another BCS bowl no one cares about...We still get a 2000 word breakdown and team analysis from 5am6oody, and he still doesn't put it in spoilers.
9. Stanford - Damn, folded like a lawn chair. If Andrew Luck wins the Heisman, well it will sum up what a mediocre year in college football this has been. Parity all around. I still see them sneaking in to a BCS Bowl.
10. Boise State- Damn kickers!, will now be relegated to the Potato Bowl. I think Houston gets the Non-AQ "At-Large" spot.

That damn Jason Terry gif gets me weak everytime
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Faton Bauta committed today
smokin.gif
QB/FB/TE/LB from FLA..dubbed 'The Next Tebow' 
sick.gif

We need to close out with most of these:

Jordan Jenkins

Avery Young

Keith Marshall commits next month

Todd Gurley

Ellis McCarthy; got an OV, anything is possibleeeee

Nelson Agholor 
wink.gif
 just win baby

Rueben Foster

Yuri Wright

Markuss Eligwe

Dillon Lee

Josh Harvey Clemons

Kenderious Whitehead

Cordarrelle Patterson

Chaz Elder

#4 Defense in the nation....

aph_4.jpg

IN THE NATION, FORUM 15!!!

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Bold Predictions that no one cares about;

Spoiler [+]
1. LSU- Same as last week, loses to Arakansas, BCS mayhem ensues.� Bama gains a trip to the SEC title game based on BCS ranking.� Mayhem, Mayhem, Mayhem!!!
2. Okie St.- Beat Oklahoma in Stillwater, killing any chance of Bob Stoops losing to an SEC team in a BCS bowl...
3. Bama- Wins the SEC scramble to play Georgia in the SEC title game.� Bama's D can't stop the 11AM train.� Cardo posts every possible picture/gif/video of Georgia's win 'causing NT to shut down for three days.� Countless NT'ers can't get their girl problems solved in General, Method Man calls for a state of emergency where he finally reveals himself, however his face remains a mystery since he borrowed Gunna's webcam.

4. Oregon- A second loss sends Oregon to the Rose Bowl to face off against Wisconsin.
5. Oklahoma- The loss to Okie State sends Bob Stoops and company on a date with Houston in the ...Fiesta Bowl.
6. Arkansas - Beats LSU to stir the pot, and earns a spot in a BCS bowl....or not.
7. Clemson - That win against Wake, *wipes brow*, sorry ddot, think they take the L in the ACC title game.
8. VTech - Another BCS (Orange) bowl for the Hokies, another BCS bowl no one cares about...We still get a 2000 word breakdown and team analysis from 5am6oody, and he still doesn't put it in spoilers.
9. Stanford - Damn, folded like a lawn chair.� If Andrew Luck wins the Heisman, well it will sum up what a mediocre year in college football this has been.� Parity all around.� I still see them sneaking in to a BCS Bowl.
10. Boise State- Damn kickers!, will now be relegated to the Potato Bowl.� I think Houston gets the Non-AQ "At-Large" spot.

UGA%20VI%20-%20C.jpg

UGA%20VI%20-%20B.jpg

Originally Posted by renegade34474

Ironman that last spoiler was
laugh.gif
 Bama gains a trip to the SEC title game based on BCS ranking

Can this really happen ??

With a 3-way tie in the SEC West.. If they're within 5 spots in the BCS standings, they get the tiebreaker based on head-to-head results.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

LOLWUT
nerd.gif
wink.gif
glasses.gif

Spoiler [+]
Go 9ers, and HBD...early or belated.
Spoiler [+]
Forgot to say that my "bold" predictions could go to crap on a weekly basis
laugh.gif

How are you gonna say I don't put my breakdowns in spoilers now though?
laugh.gif

And trust me I'm not gonna post too much about the Orange Bowl if we make it there; even most VT fans won't be very interested in that game
30t6p3b.gif
 Best case scenario is probably WVU
sick.gif
Stanford was at least an intriguing matchup last year even though we got our !%$*# whooped
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

You went from "believing in him" to thinking that he would never have it in the league, so what assessment was that again?

What. I guaranteed he'd be a first round pick. Find me where I backed off him. Your memory has failed you.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

He had a terrible year....it's not inconceivable that he slips to the 2nd round....

FWIW, Jevan Snead was slated to go in the 1st round before the 2009 season and we all know how that went.....I am in no way saying Locker is gonna have the same fate, but he hasn't shown anything that suggests that he's worthy of going in the 1st round of this years draft. 

Skills pay the bills my man. He's got prototypical size, great athlete, very good arm strength. His upside is through the roof. (For similar situation see Josh Freeman).

Locker going in the 1st is something I wish I could throw a %#%* ton of money on.

And I will admit I was wrong on Cam. Although I did say that he had the highest ceiling of any player in the draft, I didn't think he'd put it together.
And I actually would have preferred grabbing Ponder in the 2nd round (I thought he'd slip) to taking a 1st round QB. I thought he'd be the best value overall.

From Jan

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Agreed but he's arguably the best QB in this class and that's gonna get you consideration for the #1 pick

Andy Dalton is a very underrated prospect.
Andy Dalton though?? He doesn't have the arm to compete at the next level.  Same problem as Matt Leinart, they win in college but he can't make the throws needed to play at the next level.

Arm strength is the most overrated aspect for a QB. Once you hit a certain minimum a QB will be fine (Chad Pennington was a good starter in the league). He has adequate arm strength. He showed a lot in that Rose Bowl performance, his confidence and poise are things that just can't be taught.

Leinart was running around with great, great players and was soft. He didn't have "it". Watch the way Dalton commands his team, leads, stands in the pocket in the face of pressure, and poise in late game situations.

He is indeed underrated. People have him profiled as a late round pick and a career back up. I believe he can start in the league. That makes him underrated to me.

Barkley is a guy that in total the sum of the parts don't equal the whole for me. There is a lot to like but something is off for him. And that is why I think he's overrated. People want him to be something that I'm not sure he has in I'm. I trust what I see. Of course I could be wrong but I could very well be right. I get labeled an idiot for having an opinion that differs from the norm but it really doesn't bother me.

Illinois' offense has just went into the gutters. Almost Michigan like.

I did a little research and I found out OU is a little better on the road than at home. By the time Bedlam rolls around I may start to buy them in that game.

Respect Montee Ball.

Case.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Statis22

I did a little research and I found out OU is a little better on the road than at home. By the time Bedlam rolls around I may start to buy them in that game.

Respect Montee Ball.

Case.
pimp.gif
Illinois' collapse reminds me of the 2 previous seasons for Michigan. Start off hot then get rolled the last 5-7 weeks. The only thing, their D is playing a hell of a lot better than Michigan but yeah, the O is doo doo.

Wiscy might beat them by 40.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Respect Montee Ball.

Case.
pimp.gif
Illinois' collapse reminds me of the 2 previous seasons for Michigan. Start off hot then get rolled the last 5-7 weeks. The only thing, their D is playing a hell of a lot better than Michigan but yeah, the O is doo doo.

SMH Not to blame it on one player or person but the QB has fallen apart

Early forecast for Oregon-USC game is Rain/Snow showers with a low of 28 degrees

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Respect Montee Ball.

Case.
pimp.gif

SMH Not to blame it on one player or person but the QB has fallen apart

Their OL is basura

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Early forecast for Oregon-USC game is Rain/Snow showers with a low of 28 degrees

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Snow level is dropping to 1k or below this weekend. FML. I'm probably going to get hypothermia or some !%%%.

OH WELL! GO DUCKS!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom