2011 another great year for college football

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by zs05wc

I hope for all that is holy Georgia absolutely crushes the sparties. These guys are so salty right now.
Dawgs should get the win.
Hope VA Tech by 70+

wink.gif
Relax, relax we got this
laugh.gif
35-14.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
@ "chest match." You'll have to forgive him. That's the same dude who posted a thread in the general forum like, "Hey guys, what is that second lightswitch in the bathroom for, what does it do?"
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
I wish I paid as much attention and took yall as serious as you take me 

People not seeing the fact that money is the driving force. When you are dealing with $100's of millions, you better take a sure thing. You would be a fool not to.

I stand by my statement that Michigan St beating Michigan head to head should have given them the nod but they don't bring in dollars that Michigan does.

Kansas St should have gotten a nod over both Michigan and VT.

BCS is caking the way they are by making smart business moves. Deal with it.

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
@ "chest match." You'll have to forgive him. That's the same dude who posted a thread in the general forum like, "Hey guys, what is that second lightswitch in the bathroom for, what does it do?"
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
I wish I paid as much attention and took yall as serious as you take me 
Yea maybe if you paid closer attention to anything you might know what the hell an exhaust fan is
laugh.gif

5am...

Replay of last night's game is on ESPNU. Already into the 2nd half though, just wanted to make sure you didn't miss any of the good stuff.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
at SC being ranked #5 on the AP poll. CLK and Monte did a hell of a job this year. The freshman trio at the LB position got it rollin the second half of the season.

Barkley meets with Haden and CLK in the next few days. He says he's still 50/50, but I'm thinking he's out. Hope I'm wrong though.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

5am...

Replay of last night's game is on ESPNU. Already into the 2nd half though, just wanted to make sure you didn't miss any of the good stuff.

I don't even get ESPNU man my cable package is so terrible
laugh.gif
Right now I really am not mad about not having ESPNU though; I'm trying to completely remove that abomination from my memory. 
Serious question, how the hell did you guys get blown out by NC State? 

Originally Posted by JUS3

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
at SC being ranked #5 on the AP poll. CLK and Monte did a hell of a job this year. The freshman trio at the LB position got it rollin the second half of the season.

Barkley meets with Haden and CLK in the next few days. He says he's still 50/50, but I'm thinking he's out. Hope I'm wrong though.

He really loves the school so I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. I want him out of the conference but with that young o-line of yours it doesn't really matter who's back there as they will have ALL day to find Lee and Woods.

5am...

laugh.gif
Right now I really am not mad about not having ESPNU though; I'm trying to completely remove that abomination from my memory. 
Sorry for messing with you.
NC State...looking ahead and thought we could win without giving a +%%$, no Sammy like Dre said, Ellington wasn't 100%, no Phillip Price (our LT) and the whole OL playing patty cake (two others were supposedly hurt), Tajh not playing well.

BCS is trash this year man
Michigan vs Va tech : could be a very entertaining game (Tech shouldnt be there anyway 
eyes.gif
)

Wisconsin vs Oregon 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Clemson vs West Virginia 
indifferent.gif
 big east needs there automatic bid revoked

Stanford vs OSU 
pimp.gif
 (both of these teams murked my Wildcats 
laugh.gif
)

Alabama vs LSU 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

What about conferences that dont even have a championship game?
OK state and Bama both have 1 conference loss. How does OK State's conference record hold more weight than Bama's?

How are yall griping about a rematch then begging for a playoffs? 
laugh.gif
 Rematches galore 

A 16 game playoffs would'nt solve much because plenty of teams would still be left out and crying. You would have to have all conferences represented because you would still have riffs if you only take the top 16  because a SEC conference or Big 12 conference would be over represented  it would just be Big 12/SEC challenge

The BCS worked this year LSU and Bama are clearly the best 2 teams. 
Okie State is still a crowned Conference Champion while Alabama isn't.

Yes, a playoff will produce rematches, but it is also after going through a gauntlet of conference and OOC foes...no cupcakes.  If you can't make the Top 16, your !$@ shouldn't be crying, but when you are No. 3 and have a legitimate gripe to be in the title game that is a different story.  Apples and Oranges, imo.

Was out for my birthday earlier and people at the bar were PIS SED about the prospect of having to sit through another 9-6 defensive struggle
laugh.gif
Like genuinely upset talking bout boycotting the BCS.

5am...

laugh.gif
Sorry for messing with you.
NC State...looking ahead and thought we could win without giving a +%%$, no Sammy like Dre said, Ellington wasn't 100%, no Phillip Price (our LT) and the whole OL playing patty cake (two others were supposedly hurt), Tajh not playing well.
No worries man y'all earned it, plus thanks to the BCS being ******ed we somehow backed into a better bowl
laugh.gif
. We had no excuses; our OL and DL just got whooped pretty much and Clemson came to play and was the better team. 
Once I saw Hosley was out for the game I knew we were done; Fuller is our most reliable corner and he had to play whip because our 1st and 2nd string whip are out for the year. We were able to hold up against lesser teams but Clemson just had too many weapons for that patchwork D missing 4 starters and a couple backups. Morris did outscheme Bud though on several occasions.

I was more frustrated with our OL performance and gameplan on offense than I was giving up that many points. Feels like I've been saying it for 4 years but we really  need a new OL coach. 

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Blake Countess is getting Diggs to Michigan if we don't have another WR commit before. Just give me Yuri Wright and I'll be good.

diggs wont be coming
yuri on the other hand...

16 team playoff...possible bracket, just 1 trough 16...

Spoiler [+]
1. LSU vs. 16. Georgia
8. Kansas St. vs. 9. South Carolina

4. Stanford vs. 13. Michigan
6. Arkansas vs. 11. VTech

2. Bama vs. 15. Clemson
7. Boise State vs. 10. Wisconsin

3. Okie State vs. 14. Oklahoma
5. Oregon vs. 12. Baylor

Rematches, yes, but look at that field and how competitive it would be.

Spoiler [+]
Predictions for 16 team playoff, couldn't help it, it's going to get boring in here
ohwell.gif

1. LSU (Beat Georgia)
9. South Carolina (Beat Kansas State)

4. Stanford (Beat Michigan)
6. Arkansas (Beat VTech)

2. Bama (Beat Clemson)
10. Wisconsin (Beat Boise State)

3. Okie State (Beat Oklahoma)
5. Oregon (Beat Baylor)

Next Round
1. LSU (Beat South Carolina)
4. Stanford (Beat Arkansas)

10. Wisconsin (Huge upset...Russellmania...beat Bama)
5. Oregon (smaller upset...Beat Okie State)

Next Round
1. Stanford (Huge upset...Luck validates Heisman, beat LSU)
10. Wisconsin (Russellmania is rolling... beat Oregon)

NCG
1. Stanford
10. Wisconsin

Winner: Wisconsin (Russellmania goes from Madison to the entire Nation, Jay cries for days)

A lot more fun than the boring %%+ BCS
30t6p3b.gif

How would Luck beat LSU with no receivers and no defense tho? I like what you goin for Iron, but that seems like a real longshot.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom