2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by Sequan

This will probably sound ignorant,but whats the big deal about "SEC style"recruiting I keep reading that teams like Texas and OU won't go there because of it?
Texas and Oklahoma like everybody to think they're playing everything by the book and they're running 100% clean shops.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zs05wc

A name I've seen mentioned quite a few times early on is Frank Clark. Sounds like he's making some plays just needs some weight. Im assuming he's plays OLB and it's not like we have a big stud there.

He and Antonio Poole both showed heavier than I would have thought, which is great. Both should be ST players this year. I like it. 

Originally Posted by zs05wc

A name I've seen mentioned quite a few times early on is Frank Clark. Sounds like he's making some plays just needs some weight. Im assuming he's plays OLB and it's not like we have a big stud there.

He and Antonio Poole both showed heavier than I would have thought, which is great. Both should be ST players this year. I like it. 

Originally Posted by madj55

@5am6oody72 any word on if my boy Ronny Vandyke will get any playing time this year?

Too early to tell right now but there's a decent chance. He's listed 3rd on the depth chart at free safety and has been doing pretty well so far. We are real thin at that position b/c our normal backup safety is out til October. My guess is that he'll play some on special teams because they won't wanna redshirt in case they need him in spot duty due to lack of depth at the safety and rover spots. He's definitely one of the more physically ready freshmen but I think it would have helped his cause if he had come in July rather than August. 

Originally Posted by madj55

@5am6oody72 any word on if my boy Ronny Vandyke will get any playing time this year?

Too early to tell right now but there's a decent chance. He's listed 3rd on the depth chart at free safety and has been doing pretty well so far. We are real thin at that position b/c our normal backup safety is out til October. My guess is that he'll play some on special teams because they won't wanna redshirt in case they need him in spot duty due to lack of depth at the safety and rover spots. He's definitely one of the more physically ready freshmen but I think it would have helped his cause if he had come in July rather than August. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

This will probably sound ignorant,but whats the big deal about "SEC style"recruiting I keep reading that teams like Texas and OU won't go there because of it?
Texas and Oklahoma like everybody to think they're playing everything by the book and they're running 100% clean shops.
laugh.gif

OU wrote the book on it, so yeah lol.

laugh.gif

OU wrote the book on it, so yeah lol.

And if A&M bolts, you're crazy if you don't think they get a recruiting boost initially... No, they don't flip Texas kids right now but that's because they're in the same conference and have almost no advantages over UT at this point. Go to the SEC? Kids want to play over there, man. They just do. It's a real, true advantage and selling point that nobody else in this state will be able to offer. It'll be a benefit, and I think it'll win them some head-to-heads against Texas in the short term. If they go over there and get their heads beat in that will obviously change, but at least initially, there will be some buzz around that move and kids will be excited about it.

you really think this Dirk?

i mean lets say the announce today they will leave for the SEC next year. Dont they have to be better then OU and Texas(both who own texas in recruting) to flip kids? even short term i dont think just saying "hey where playing in the SEC" will flip kids when OU/Texas will be top dogs and on TV just as much.

And if A&M bolts, you're crazy if you don't think they get a recruiting boost initially... No, they don't flip Texas kids right now but that's because they're in the same conference and have almost no advantages over UT at this point. Go to the SEC? Kids want to play over there, man. They just do. It's a real, true advantage and selling point that nobody else in this state will be able to offer. It'll be a benefit, and I think it'll win them some head-to-heads against Texas in the short term. If they go over there and get their heads beat in that will obviously change, but at least initially, there will be some buzz around that move and kids will be excited about it.

i mean lets say the announce today they will leave for the SEC next year. Dont they have to be better then OU and Texas(both who own texas in recruting) to flip kids? even short term i dont think just saying "hey where playing in the SEC" will flip kids when OU/Texas will be top dogs and on TV just as much.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I know I wasnt in this convo but Ill throw my thoughts in. I think they receive some kind of bump, not sure how big though. Obviously the SEC is the best football conference, so you dont think there will be some kids who want to play against the top talent but don't want to leave Texas? Come to A&M and play against some of the best talent in college football, you arent far from home, and your family can drive to your games easily.

Also, didnt see this posted yet...

http://www.legis.state.tx...ml/C2902011081614001.htm

The House Committee on Higher Education will meet to discuss matters pertaining to higher education, including collegiate athletics.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I know I wasnt in this convo but Ill throw my thoughts in. I think they receive some kind of bump, not sure how big though. Obviously the SEC is the best football conference, so you dont think there will be some kids who want to play against the top talent but don't want to leave Texas? Come to A&M and play against some of the best talent in college football, you arent far from home, and your family can drive to your games easily.

Also, didnt see this posted yet...

http://www.legis.state.tx...ml/C2902011081614001.htm

The House Committee on Higher Education will meet to discuss matters pertaining to higher education, including collegiate athletics.

Back
Top Bottom