2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

My man
pimp.gif

I recommend everyone to watch that video.  It's straight 
smokin.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

"Florida State's discussions to move from ACC to SEC are getting more serious, Palm Beach Post reports."

Not really sure why. FSU brings nothing to the table that the SEC doesn't already have.

"Florida State's discussions to move from ACC to SEC are getting more serious, Palm Beach Post reports."

Not really sure why. FSU brings nothing to the table that the SEC doesn't already have.

this i dont want FSU in the SEC we gotta reclaim the ACC first

this i dont want FSU in the SEC we gotta reclaim the ACC first

If they do go to the SEC
sick.gif

As if the SEC championship wasn't already a final 4 type game to see who plays in the MNC... just make that the damn title game.

If they do go to the SEC
sick.gif

As if the SEC championship wasn't already a final 4 type game to see who plays in the MNC... just make that the damn title game.

I must say I'm pretty proud of what A&M I'd doing, pretty UT-esque.

They bullied their way outta the Big 12
They're bullying their way into the SEC
They bullied UT & the Longhorn Network
They bullied the NCAA
Raked Dan Beebe over the coals
And from what I've read so far they're gonna have influence over who the 14th team will be.

I must say, very impressive.

I must say I'm pretty proud of what A&M I'd doing, pretty UT-esque.

They bullied their way outta the Big 12
They're bullying their way into the SEC
They bullied UT & the Longhorn Network
They bullied the NCAA
Raked Dan Beebe over the coals
And from what I've read so far they're gonna have influence over who the 14th team will be.

I must say, very impressive.

I'm quite surprised to see that the TAMU higher-ups have the brass balls to do all of this. After last year, I didn't think we'd ever be the one to make the first move.

The most telling move might be the BOR moving their meeting from the 22nd to the 15th, before the Texas legislators get together on the 16th.

That said, I'm still not going to believe it's a done deal until the papers are signed.

I'm quite surprised to see that the TAMU higher-ups have the brass balls to do all of this. After last year, I didn't think we'd ever be the one to make the first move.

The most telling move might be the BOR moving their meeting from the 22nd to the 15th, before the Texas legislators get together on the 16th.

That said, I'm still not going to believe it's a done deal until the papers are signed.

And to add the money and academics they bring to the conference, something Nebraska didn't and still doesn't bring to the B1G.

Overall just a big win.

And to add the money and academics they bring to the conference, something Nebraska didn't and still doesn't bring to the B1G.

Overall just a big win.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

And if A&M bolts, you're crazy if you don't think they get a recruiting boost initially... No, they don't flip Texas kids right now but that's because they're in the same conference and have almost no advantages over UT at this point. Go to the SEC? Kids want to play over there, man. They just do. It's a real, true advantage and selling point that nobody else in this state will be able to offer. It'll be a benefit, and I think it'll win them some head-to-heads against Texas in the short term. If they go over there and get their heads beat in that will obviously change, but at least initially, there will be some buzz around that move and kids will be excited about it.
you really think this Dirk?

i mean lets say the announce today they will leave for the SEC next year. Dont they have to be better then OU and Texas(both who own texas in recruting) to flip kids? even short term i dont think just saying "hey where playing in the SEC" will flip kids when OU/Texas will be top dogs and on TV just as much.
I don't know that it's necessarily a huge impact this year because A&M is damn near full up as it is (though they'll flip Santos immediately and Malcom Brown supposedly stays in relatively frequent contact with Terrell Williams, and they've saved a few spots for situations like that) but going into 2013 where they've already gotten a head start with arguably the best QB and WR  in the state and they're on track to have a really big year this season? Hell yeah it will make a difference.

They're getting kids this year that OU would have usually gotten. OU gets most their Texas kids from DFW and A&M has historically not gone up there much... The schools that have hurt them the most recently are Oklahoma State and LSU dipping into Houston. In 2012, A&M has taken the momentum from last year and gotten basically every kid they wanted from the Houston area sans Brown and Cole. They've done better in East Texas this year than they've done over the last decade. The last two years they've had some success with kids in Louisiana. LSU still gets who they want and always will, but there's plenty of kids in that state that can play and LSU can't take them all.

In Texas, it won't be hard initially to say "Hey, we're in the best football conference in America coming off two strong years that have gotten our program back to where it's supposed to be." Kids grow up here wanting to play at Texas right now, but it hasn't always been that way. A&M used to more than handle their own in head-to-heads with the Horns... But the last decade has killed that with this generation and with two years of success under Sherman and good classes the last couple of years and a good one in 2012, plus being the only program that makes it's recruiting living in Texas that has the SEC to offer? Yeah, it's a big deal initially for them. But like I said, it could turn sour in a hurry if they go over there and get their heads kicked in the first couple of years.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

And if A&M bolts, you're crazy if you don't think they get a recruiting boost initially... No, they don't flip Texas kids right now but that's because they're in the same conference and have almost no advantages over UT at this point. Go to the SEC? Kids want to play over there, man. They just do. It's a real, true advantage and selling point that nobody else in this state will be able to offer. It'll be a benefit, and I think it'll win them some head-to-heads against Texas in the short term. If they go over there and get their heads beat in that will obviously change, but at least initially, there will be some buzz around that move and kids will be excited about it.
you really think this Dirk?

i mean lets say the announce today they will leave for the SEC next year. Dont they have to be better then OU and Texas(both who own texas in recruting) to flip kids? even short term i dont think just saying "hey where playing in the SEC" will flip kids when OU/Texas will be top dogs and on TV just as much.
I don't know that it's necessarily a huge impact this year because A&M is damn near full up as it is (though they'll flip Santos immediately and Malcom Brown supposedly stays in relatively frequent contact with Terrell Williams, and they've saved a few spots for situations like that) but going into 2013 where they've already gotten a head start with arguably the best QB and WR  in the state and they're on track to have a really big year this season? Hell yeah it will make a difference.

They're getting kids this year that OU would have usually gotten. OU gets most their Texas kids from DFW and A&M has historically not gone up there much... The schools that have hurt them the most recently are Oklahoma State and LSU dipping into Houston. In 2012, A&M has taken the momentum from last year and gotten basically every kid they wanted from the Houston area sans Brown and Cole. They've done better in East Texas this year than they've done over the last decade. The last two years they've had some success with kids in Louisiana. LSU still gets who they want and always will, but there's plenty of kids in that state that can play and LSU can't take them all.

In Texas, it won't be hard initially to say "Hey, we're in the best football conference in America coming off two strong years that have gotten our program back to where it's supposed to be." Kids grow up here wanting to play at Texas right now, but it hasn't always been that way. A&M used to more than handle their own in head-to-heads with the Horns... But the last decade has killed that with this generation and with two years of success under Sherman and good classes the last couple of years and a good one in 2012, plus being the only program that makes it's recruiting living in Texas that has the SEC to offer? Yeah, it's a big deal initially for them. But like I said, it could turn sour in a hurry if they go over there and get their heads kicked in the first couple of years.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Having Trent Dilfer on this Elite 11 Year of the Quarterback ESPN show just bummed me out.

Dude was a little too hype out there. It started getting a little bit creepy. 

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

Having Trent Dilfer on this Elite 11 Year of the Quarterback ESPN show just bummed me out.

Dude was a little too hype out there. It started getting a little bit creepy. 

Back
Top Bottom