2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

what a joke. he wasnt playing in the first 5 games anyways. dude got off easy.

ESPN: Terrelle Pryor OK for draft

Quote:
[table][tr][td]The NFL declared former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor eligible for the supplemental draft Thursday but ruled that he will not be able to play in the first five games of the 2011 season after he signs a contract.

The league announced Pryor was eligible in a memo sent to its 32 teams Thursday. The 2011 supplemental draft will take place Monday, Aug. 22. The draft was to have taken place on Aug. 17 before it was postponed.

The NFL said that Pryor can play in preseason games after he is drafted and signs but he is not eligible to practice with his new team or play in a game until Week 6 of the season. Pryor will be allowed at his new team's training facility for meetings and to work with coaches during the time he is ineligible, however.

"... Pryor made decisions that undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL Draft. Those actions included failing to cooperate with the NCAA and hiring an agent in violation of NCAA rules, which resulted in Ohio State declaring him ineligible to continue playing college football.

"Pryor then applied to enter the NFL after the regular draft. Pryor had accepted at the end of the 2010 college football season a suspension for the first five games of the 2011 season for violating NCAA rules. Pryor will be ineligible to practice prior to or play in the first five games of the NFL regular season after he signs."

"The five games we happily agreed to, voluntarily," Rosenhaus said. "The alternative wasn't very attractive. We're grateful for the chance."

David Cornwell, Pryor's attorney, said he and Pryor were happy with the NFL's decision but said the NCAA must be challenged on its "amateurism" rules.

"Ultimately we are pleased that Terrelle will have the opportunity to fulfill his dream to dream to play in the NFL," Cornwell said. "Personally, I hope this causes everyone to pause and conclude that we must challenge the NCAA on its 'amateurism' rules. Terrelle is going to the NFL because the NCAA mandated that he feed their families, but he could not feed his own." [/td][/tr][/table]

Yep he Looks Good too. looks to be a permanent move (Like Josh Reed at LSU) Neal's been practicing with WRs since 3rd day, week one of camp

and yes. DEEP at RB with TPoole , Marlin Lane and Tom Smith
pimp.gif

Yep he Looks Good too. looks to be a permanent move (Like Josh Reed at LSU) Neal's been practicing with WRs since 3rd day, week one of camp

and yes. DEEP at RB with TPoole , Marlin Lane and Tom Smith
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Newbs, I hear Michigan wont have room for O'Brien wow

Pipkens is dope but still, who turns down potentially great DT esp when defense, of late, has been pourous

We also have Matt Godin in this class who plays DT. I agree with you, I would take OBrien but there's just not enough room.Just an article on scout about freshman who are looking good. Deathony Arnett was like number on the list. Said he'll play in the slot to start and has added some good weight.
Confused...but will we have room if say Yuri Wright commits? Just wondering..

Pipkens is dope but still, who turns down potentially great DT esp when defense, of late, has been pourous

We also have Matt Godin in this class who plays DT. I agree with you, I would take OBrien but there's just not enough room.Just an article on scout about freshman who are looking good. Deathony Arnett was like number on the list. Said he'll play in the slot to start and has added some good weight.

I am not buying the talk that Michigan is turning away kids already. Possibly telling them that as of RIGHT NOW the spots are full but they will look for a way to add them into the class. I heard the other day that the number could 28 which leaves room for 2 more on top of the 2 WRs, 1 RB and 1 OL that the staff wants right now.

I think the staff still wants OBrien. But they also need the 2WRs 1RB and 1OL. Could get 3 of the 4 in the first 2 weekends of the season and then they can look where they need to address the other needs.

I am not buying the talk that Michigan is turning away kids already. Possibly telling them that as of RIGHT NOW the spots are full but they will look for a way to add them into the class. I heard the other day that the number could 28 which leaves room for 2 more on top of the 2 WRs, 1 RB and 1 OL that the staff wants right now.

I think the staff still wants OBrien. But they also need the 2WRs 1RB and 1OL. Could get 3 of the 4 in the first 2 weekends of the season and then they can look where they need to address the other needs.

If Clemson has a decent QB, can we expect Sammy Watkins to be a household name by the middle of the season? Glowing reports from practices on him. Wonder if he plays over 200lbs or if he loses it fast.

If Clemson has a decent QB, can we expect Sammy Watkins to be a household name by the middle of the season? Glowing reports from practices on him. Wonder if he plays over 200lbs or if he loses it fast.

Originally Posted by Caerus

I wouldn't be too concerned with that if I were you 
5461683f29cc3f83980c25494b2708291570b6df.gif

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

mad.gif

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

mad.gif

laugh.gif
As if TP2 was going to get significant burn in the first 5 games anyways.

And I don't get the Cuba joke either. The Cuban in me would probably take offense if I did though.
laugh.gif

UF heads, how solid is Mike Davis? I saw something today about him taking officials to USC-e and VT. That's kinda out of nowhere as he wasn't even on our radar. Apparently JC Coleman was in his ear at the Nike event in Oregon + Jarontay Jones is trying to sell him on VT. What can y'all tell me about him? 

laugh.gif
As if TP2 was going to get significant burn in the first 5 games anyways.

And I don't get the Cuba joke either. The Cuban in me would probably take offense if I did though.
laugh.gif

UF heads, how solid is Mike Davis? I saw something today about him taking officials to USC-e and VT. That's kinda out of nowhere as he wasn't even on our radar. Apparently JC Coleman was in his ear at the Nike event in Oregon + Jarontay Jones is trying to sell him on VT. What can y'all tell me about him? 

Originally Posted by Statis22

But isn't that 5 game checks he's gonna be missing too? I'd say that's a big deal.

I didn't think about that; good point.
laugh.gif
Especially because he's probably not going to be getting that big of a contract. 
FYI VT Board of Visitors is meeting Sept 9 and 10 and that's probably the earliest any conference moves would be discussed. FSU's BOV is meeting on this same day as well. I've also heard a couple different places that the ACC might be trying to beat the SEC to the punch/have a contingency in place for expansion if teams leave. Putting out feelers to Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, and Uconn 
eyes.gif
. Still garbage for football, but would definitely be an ABSURD basketball conference. That doesn't really matter to me though; I'd rather move to the SEC if that's the best the ACC can do for expansion. IMO the recent developments with UNC and Miami make a VT move more likely. Half of our division is going to be on probation/scholarship limits of some sort, and the other half is us, UVA and Duke
laugh.gif
I don't think we could even have an argument for playing for a title if we go through that schedule the next few years. 

Originally Posted by Statis22

But isn't that 5 game checks he's gonna be missing too? I'd say that's a big deal.

I didn't think about that; good point.
laugh.gif
Especially because he's probably not going to be getting that big of a contract. 
FYI VT Board of Visitors is meeting Sept 9 and 10 and that's probably the earliest any conference moves would be discussed. FSU's BOV is meeting on this same day as well. I've also heard a couple different places that the ACC might be trying to beat the SEC to the punch/have a contingency in place for expansion if teams leave. Putting out feelers to Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, and Uconn 
eyes.gif
. Still garbage for football, but would definitely be an ABSURD basketball conference. That doesn't really matter to me though; I'd rather move to the SEC if that's the best the ACC can do for expansion. IMO the recent developments with UNC and Miami make a VT move more likely. Half of our division is going to be on probation/scholarship limits of some sort, and the other half is us, UVA and Duke
laugh.gif
I don't think we could even have an argument for playing for a title if we go through that schedule the next few years. 

If FSU move to the SEC along with Texas A&M

Then move USF and another Big East school to the ACC

If FSU move to the SEC along with Texas A&M

Then move USF and another Big East school to the ACC

Back
Top Bottom