2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Originally Posted by The Wizard

A caller asked Les Miles if he would consider moving Jordan Jefferson to punter.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Agree with VTech. But like always they'll @!$# up a game they should win.

Lmaooo @ the caller. JJ is bun tho smh

Been hearing alot about this Marquise Lee dude. Is he a playmaker at wr a la desean jackson or a Possesion WR?

Agree with VTech. But like always they'll @!$# up a game they should win.

Lmaooo @ the caller. JJ is bun tho smh

Been hearing alot about this Marquise Lee dude. Is he a playmaker at wr a la desean jackson or a Possesion WR?

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Holy hell. I just saw VTs schedule. If Logan Thomas is anything more than average you guys should run the table.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I think we'll lose at least one game but not because of Logan. Our defense is really young, only 1 senior starter. The backups at safety and rover are gonna be true freshmen, and our third and fourth DT's are true freshmen too. So if we have any injuries at those spots we'll be real vulnerable. 
That being said I can't ever recall seeing a BCS team with such an apparently easy schedule before the season starts, maybe except for some Big East teams or ACC teams in 08 when EVERYONE was garbage 
laugh.gif
 I think we're too young plus really weak at a couple positions to run the table. I'm sure between Clemson, UNC, GT, and Miami we'll lose one of those games.

Even if we go 12-0 I wouldn't be surprised if a one loss team got in over us. I'm really hoping that those teams have a good year and end up ranked. 

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Holy hell. I just saw VTs schedule. If Logan Thomas is anything more than average you guys should run the table.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I think we'll lose at least one game but not because of Logan. Our defense is really young, only 1 senior starter. The backups at safety and rover are gonna be true freshmen, and our third and fourth DT's are true freshmen too. So if we have any injuries at those spots we'll be real vulnerable. 
That being said I can't ever recall seeing a BCS team with such an apparently easy schedule before the season starts, maybe except for some Big East teams or ACC teams in 08 when EVERYONE was garbage 
laugh.gif
 I think we're too young plus really weak at a couple positions to run the table. I'm sure between Clemson, UNC, GT, and Miami we'll lose one of those games.

Even if we go 12-0 I wouldn't be surprised if a one loss team got in over us. I'm really hoping that those teams have a good year and end up ranked. 

A caller asked Les Miles if he would consider moving Jordan Jefferson to punter.

roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

VTech going undefeated... VTech!!!
laugh.gif
.  The only reason the James Madison game was an upset was because it didn't happen in Oct/Nov, when the Hokies usually become the cHokies.  Beamer Ball!!!

Anyone else looking impressive?  The only thing I've heard out of SC so far is that Farmer has been meh to this point.
USC Fall Camp in a nutshell

Spoiler [+]
QB- Barkley is the starter.  Freshmen Cody Kessler beat out Max Wittek for the backup job by a hair, still think it's Scroggins spot despite his thumb injury.
RB- Baxter has been solid throughout camp, consistent, no flash.  Curtis McNeal, DJ Morgan and Amir Carlisle have shown highlight stuff type flashes but is short lived.
FB- Rhett Ellison got moved from TE and has been very impressive, great Senior leader as well.  Soma will take a back seat.
TE- Junior Pomee was lost for the season with a broken foot, he was redshirting anyway.  No one has stood out at TE enough to runaway with the position.
OL- A lot of instability at the guard spots, solid at LT (Kalil) and C (Holmes), everything else is a crapshoot.  Hope it gels.  Aundrey Walker is a man child, he's huge.
WR- Lots of talent here.  Woods will build on what he did last year despite a nagging ankle injury.  He's just that good.  The star WR of camp, surprisingly, has been Marqis Lee, Farmers Serra teammate that everyone on the defensive side of the ball.  Brice Butler will probably win the #2 spot, and Lee will get plenty of time to shine.  Ambles is gone due to academic issues
30t6p3b.gif
.  Farmer hasn't shined the way everyone expected, coaches still expect big things from him.  Prater, same as Farmer, with the exception being that injuries keep holding him back. 

DL-  This group is going to make some noise.  Freshman Charles Burks was looking great after being switched from FB, unfortunately he is out for the year.  Moving Kennard back to DE was a move that a lot of folks have been pining for and it finally happened.  A healthy Nick Perry and Christian Tapou, along with Kennard, Harris, Horton, Townsend and Uko.  It's a pretty deep and impressive group.
LB- Lamar Dawson looks impressive just by walking on the field,
laugh.gif
.  Shane Horton has been solid throughout camp on the weakside, Galippo has been bothered by a shoulder injury so the middle might be weak unless they throw Dawson in the fire.  Hopefully Hayes Pullard steps up as well, haven't heard much about Anthony Sarao.
DB- Nickell Robey
smokin.gif
, kid is just a stud.  Solid camp, right mindset, great work ethic, hope he builds on his surprising 2010.  The corner spot opposite Robey is still up in the air.  Same can be said about TJ McDonald, with the other safety spot also being up in the air.

ST- Looks like we finally got a kicker in Andre Heidari

That's pretty much fall camp in a nutshell.  The Defense is looking leaps and bounds better than last year.  They look hungry and our DLinemen seem to be healthy. 

roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
.  The only reason the James Madison game was an upset was because it didn't happen in Oct/Nov, when the Hokies usually become the cHokies.  Beamer Ball!!!

Anyone else looking impressive?  The only thing I've heard out of SC so far is that Farmer has been meh to this point.
USC Fall Camp in a nutshell

Spoiler [+]
QB- Barkley is the starter.  Freshmen Cody Kessler beat out Max Wittek for the backup job by a hair, still think it's Scroggins spot despite his thumb injury.
RB- Baxter has been solid throughout camp, consistent, no flash.  Curtis McNeal, DJ Morgan and Amir Carlisle have shown highlight stuff type flashes but is short lived.
FB- Rhett Ellison got moved from TE and has been very impressive, great Senior leader as well.  Soma will take a back seat.
TE- Junior Pomee was lost for the season with a broken foot, he was redshirting anyway.  No one has stood out at TE enough to runaway with the position.
OL- A lot of instability at the guard spots, solid at LT (Kalil) and C (Holmes), everything else is a crapshoot.  Hope it gels.  Aundrey Walker is a man child, he's huge.
WR- Lots of talent here.  Woods will build on what he did last year despite a nagging ankle injury.  He's just that good.  The star WR of camp, surprisingly, has been Marqis Lee, Farmers Serra teammate that everyone on the defensive side of the ball.  Brice Butler will probably win the #2 spot, and Lee will get plenty of time to shine.  Ambles is gone due to academic issues
30t6p3b.gif
.  Farmer hasn't shined the way everyone expected, coaches still expect big things from him.  Prater, same as Farmer, with the exception being that injuries keep holding him back. 

DL-  This group is going to make some noise.  Freshman Charles Burks was looking great after being switched from FB, unfortunately he is out for the year.  Moving Kennard back to DE was a move that a lot of folks have been pining for and it finally happened.  A healthy Nick Perry and Christian Tapou, along with Kennard, Harris, Horton, Townsend and Uko.  It's a pretty deep and impressive group.
LB- Lamar Dawson looks impressive just by walking on the field,
laugh.gif
.  Shane Horton has been solid throughout camp on the weakside, Galippo has been bothered by a shoulder injury so the middle might be weak unless they throw Dawson in the fire.  Hopefully Hayes Pullard steps up as well, haven't heard much about Anthony Sarao.
DB- Nickell Robey
smokin.gif
, kid is just a stud.  Solid camp, right mindset, great work ethic, hope he builds on his surprising 2010.  The corner spot opposite Robey is still up in the air.  Same can be said about TJ McDonald, with the other safety spot also being up in the air.

ST- Looks like we finally got a kicker in Andre Heidari

That's pretty much fall camp in a nutshell.  The Defense is looking leaps and bounds better than last year.  They look hungry and our DLinemen seem to be healthy. 

CBS blog says Miami Herald will repoot that 12 Miami players will be ruled ineligible so that the NCAA will hopefully make a ruling on them before the season starts to avoid risking further penalties by playing them outright.

If true then smart by Miami going the Auburn way how they did it with Cam, even though the NCAA contradicted themselves.
laugh.gif

CBS blog says Miami Herald will repoot that 12 Miami players will be ruled ineligible so that the NCAA will hopefully make a ruling on them before the season starts to avoid risking further penalties by playing them outright.

If true then smart by Miami going the Auburn way how they did it with Cam, even though the NCAA contradicted themselves.
laugh.gif

Gunna, I had something typed up to defend that loss but I just can't.
laugh.gif
All I'll say is teams lose focus and drop games they shouldn't; it happens. Bama lost to UL-Monroe in Saban's first year and the next year they went 12-0 in the regular season. Hell, in 09 they woulda lost to your Vols if not for Cody's blocked field goals. Auburn would have lost to Clemson in the very first game last year if not for a bonehead penalty on Clemson's snapper. I don't think we'll go undefeated but nothing that happened last year makes it any less likely. If anything they learned not to take any opponent lightly. Also remember nobody said our squad was that good this year, just that the schedule was cake.

If you wanna talk about past teams choking late in the season (where the only thing in common with this year's team is the coaching staff), then you'd also have to bring up the team that went undefeated and played for a title wouldn't you? Wouldn't a coaching staff that's done it before be better equipped to handle it again?

KanyeShrug1.jpg

We've gone 43-8 in Oct/Nov since joining the ACC in 2004. Not exactly choke city there, aside from the game where I had to sprint home
30t6p3b.gif
Speaking of losses to teams you have no business losing to...

Spoiler [+]
osu_beats_usc1.jpg

stanford-24-sc-23.jpg

091909_uw_usc_game.jpg
 I'll be sure to mention these games to you in the future if you ever think you guys might run the table 
tongue.gif
(your reasoning, not mine) 

Gunna, I had something typed up to defend that loss but I just can't.
laugh.gif
All I'll say is teams lose focus and drop games they shouldn't; it happens. Bama lost to UL-Monroe in Saban's first year and the next year they went 12-0 in the regular season. Hell, in 09 they woulda lost to your Vols if not for Cody's blocked field goals. Auburn would have lost to Clemson in the very first game last year if not for a bonehead penalty on Clemson's snapper. I don't think we'll go undefeated but nothing that happened last year makes it any less likely. If anything they learned not to take any opponent lightly. Also remember nobody said our squad was that good this year, just that the schedule was cake.

If you wanna talk about past teams choking late in the season (where the only thing in common with this year's team is the coaching staff), then you'd also have to bring up the team that went undefeated and played for a title wouldn't you? Wouldn't a coaching staff that's done it before be better equipped to handle it again?

KanyeShrug1.jpg

We've gone 43-8 in Oct/Nov since joining the ACC in 2004. Not exactly choke city there, aside from the game where I had to sprint home
30t6p3b.gif
Speaking of losses to teams you have no business losing to...

Spoiler [+]
osu_beats_usc1.jpg

stanford-24-sc-23.jpg

091909_uw_usc_game.jpg
 I'll be sure to mention these games to you in the future if you ever think you guys might run the table 
tongue.gif
(your reasoning, not mine) 

Originally Posted by IYE2

Originally Posted by dreClark

Have not and will never understand playing 12 yards off in the red zone

This.
mad.gif

On that play LSU had trips left

Normally you want to play man at the goal line.....press.....take out the inside shoulder to cancel the WR inside routes....force him to the corner of the endzone or squeeze him to the sideline

BUT because its trips and your playing with little space to work with on that side things can be tricky

So in Bama's case the best thing to do is play zone wit no Safety over top which they did.....when the ball is snapped they barely move which leads me to think they was already in there assigned zone

But we all know zones have #*%% which is how LSU squeezed that ball in there

Good defensive call but me being a CB in real life I would have signaled for 2 of the DBs to come up and play 2 yards off & shade inside

Originally Posted by IYE2

Originally Posted by dreClark

Have not and will never understand playing 12 yards off in the red zone

This.
mad.gif

On that play LSU had trips left

Normally you want to play man at the goal line.....press.....take out the inside shoulder to cancel the WR inside routes....force him to the corner of the endzone or squeeze him to the sideline

BUT because its trips and your playing with little space to work with on that side things can be tricky

So in Bama's case the best thing to do is play zone wit no Safety over top which they did.....when the ball is snapped they barely move which leads me to think they was already in there assigned zone

But we all know zones have #*%% which is how LSU squeezed that ball in there

Good defensive call but me being a CB in real life I would have signaled for 2 of the DBs to come up and play 2 yards off & shade inside

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Statis22

Kyle Prater looking less than impressive?

Can't shake the injury bug. Marqise Lee is tearing it up too.

Heard Robert Woods has been looking awesome with Barkley (not exactly news i suppose) but Woods is playing while nursing a high ankle sprain.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Statis22

Kyle Prater looking less than impressive?

Can't shake the injury bug. Marqise Lee is tearing it up too.

Heard Robert Woods has been looking awesome with Barkley (not exactly news i suppose) but Woods is playing while nursing a high ankle sprain.

Back
Top Bottom