2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

[h2]Exclusive: New Oregon Nike Pro Combat uniforms[/h2]
Posted on: August 25, 2011 11:35 am

Score: 120

Log-in to rate:

Posted by Will Brinson

New_Oregon_Nike_Pro_Combat_Uniforms_Top_Half.jpg

Nike's Pro Combat uniform series has become not just an annual tradition, but a reminder that football is here, you guys.

CBSSports.com was given an exclusive first look at the uniforms for both the Oregon Ducks and the Boise St. Broncos (view Boise's uniforms here) and we're happy to share them with you, our dear readers.

As you can see above, the 2011 Oregon football jerseys sport the similar "winged" look as the 2010 -- the jerseys are built out of Nike Flywire technology (which is the same stuff in the sides of most of your new Nike shoes), and includes ultra-strong Kevlar (bulletproof!) stitching in the collar as well.

New_Oregon_Nike_Pro_Combat_Uniforms_Vertical.jpg

But that doesn't mean it's heavy -- per Nike, "cooling zones in the lightweight jersey work in concert with base layer ventilation for optimal thermoregulation." No, I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure it's something along the lines of "the jersey has breathable sections throughout the torso to make sure that athletes don't become overheated." (This is how my golf shirts work, so I'm guessing, but still.)

As far as the cleats go, well, they're smooth, and they contrast nicely with the full-on black that Oregon's rocking when wearing the Pro Combat unis.

New_Oregon_Football_Nike_Pro_Combat_Uniforms_Cleats.jpg

Oregon's colorways are always controversial, because they're combinations of funky greens and yellows. But the "highlight" color on the cleats and gloves are pretty dope, especially paired against the silver of the toe ... and heel.

New_Oregon_Football_Uniforms_Nike_Pro_Combat_Cleats_Bottom.jpg

Nike's worked up some special training shoes for Oregon as well:

New_Oregon_Football_Uniforms_Nike_Pro_Combat_Trainer_1_Shoes.jpg

Speaking as someone who has a pair of "highlighted" air bubbles (I rock the LunarGlide 3 when I run), they're spicy to wear around and they get you noticed, but it's been rare when someone's ever said something that wasn't complimentary. And I don't look like a football player either. As you can see above, there's significant breathability and surprisingly limited FlyWire across the supporting areas of the shoe.

And, of course, the helmets:

New_Oregon_Nike_Pro_Combat_Football_Uniforms_Helmets.jpg

Oh yeah, we also got our hands on an exclusive clip of the uniforms:

[h2]Exclusive: New Oregon Nike Pro Combat uniforms[/h2]
Posted on: August 25, 2011 11:35 am

Score: 120

Log-in to rate:

Posted by Will Brinson

New_Oregon_Nike_Pro_Combat_Uniforms_Top_Half.jpg

Nike's Pro Combat uniform series has become not just an annual tradition, but a reminder that football is here, you guys.

CBSSports.com was given an exclusive first look at the uniforms for both the Oregon Ducks and the Boise St. Broncos (view Boise's uniforms here) and we're happy to share them with you, our dear readers.

As you can see above, the 2011 Oregon football jerseys sport the similar "winged" look as the 2010 -- the jerseys are built out of Nike Flywire technology (which is the same stuff in the sides of most of your new Nike shoes), and includes ultra-strong Kevlar (bulletproof!) stitching in the collar as well.

New_Oregon_Nike_Pro_Combat_Uniforms_Vertical.jpg

But that doesn't mean it's heavy -- per Nike, "cooling zones in the lightweight jersey work in concert with base layer ventilation for optimal thermoregulation." No, I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure it's something along the lines of "the jersey has breathable sections throughout the torso to make sure that athletes don't become overheated." (This is how my golf shirts work, so I'm guessing, but still.)

As far as the cleats go, well, they're smooth, and they contrast nicely with the full-on black that Oregon's rocking when wearing the Pro Combat unis.

New_Oregon_Football_Nike_Pro_Combat_Uniforms_Cleats.jpg

Oregon's colorways are always controversial, because they're combinations of funky greens and yellows. But the "highlight" color on the cleats and gloves are pretty dope, especially paired against the silver of the toe ... and heel.

New_Oregon_Football_Uniforms_Nike_Pro_Combat_Cleats_Bottom.jpg

Nike's worked up some special training shoes for Oregon as well:

New_Oregon_Football_Uniforms_Nike_Pro_Combat_Trainer_1_Shoes.jpg

Speaking as someone who has a pair of "highlighted" air bubbles (I rock the LunarGlide 3 when I run), they're spicy to wear around and they get you noticed, but it's been rare when someone's ever said something that wasn't complimentary. And I don't look like a football player either. As you can see above, there's significant breathability and surprisingly limited FlyWire across the supporting areas of the shoe.

And, of course, the helmets:

New_Oregon_Nike_Pro_Combat_Football_Uniforms_Helmets.jpg

Oh yeah, we also got our hands on an exclusive clip of the uniforms:

vincecarterit'sover.gif

Other schools need to stick to what works... Nike is punking them on purpose to make Oregon look good. I ain't even mad though.

vincecarterit'sover.gif

Other schools need to stick to what works... Nike is punking them on purpose to make Oregon look good. I ain't even mad though.

Just need the cleats + socks + gloves, but they go for raaaape prices.

Their cleats from the bowl game were going for silly $ unless you found a super steal

Just need the cleats + socks + gloves, but they go for raaaape prices.

Their cleats from the bowl game were going for silly $ unless you found a super steal

Oh snap Boise's are sick too. Disregard my comment now. Nike just screwing over some schools, especially Georgia. The rest of the world rejoices.

Oh snap Boise's are sick too. Disregard my comment now. Nike just screwing over some schools, especially Georgia. The rest of the world rejoices.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I don't think I still can fully appreciate how good Newton was last year. Son toyed with the SEC.
30t6p3b.gif

Where would y'all rank his season for this century? 1? I would.

He toyed wit the SEC alright...We were the better team.
grin.gif

312941_10150786454520721_57460905720_20438165_1609705_n.jpg

pimp.gif
 Dress your best at the funeral.

Our cleats are smashing on those too

uga-football-nike-shoes.jpg

Back
Top Bottom