2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

dro 44 wrote:

Geno-Smith-pro-combat-213x300.jpg

kid gonna put in work this year.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Nowitness, quick favor. Find out what u can about LaDarrel McNeil... He's from Texas . A damn Killer! And supposedly he has Okie St and Vols as top two teams. Might be committing in a couple weeks.. Thanks!
He's really good. Just off production and ability on the field, he's probably the best DB in Texas this year...

Not sure what happened with TCU but I know A&M moved on because he insisted on being a package deal with Damien Lawry for the longest time so they just went and took Kenneth Marshall from Oklahoma State and went about their business... Lawry wanted to play receiver but everybody down here thinks he's a CB... Their coach was telling teams for quite awhile that they had to be serious about offering both kids before he'd bring either one of them to campus.

Has Tennessee offered Lawry? I know the Pokes have held off because they want him at corner and want to evaluate him further into the season.

Have also heard that, like Loften a couple years back, grades may be an issue with McNeil too...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Nowitness, quick favor. Find out what u can about LaDarrel McNeil... He's from Texas . A damn Killer! And supposedly he has Okie St and Vols as top two teams. Might be committing in a couple weeks.. Thanks!
He's really good. Just off production and ability on the field, he's probably the best DB in Texas this year...

Not sure what happened with TCU but I know A&M moved on because he insisted on being a package deal with Damien Lawry for the longest time so they just went and took Kenneth Marshall from Oklahoma State and went about their business... Lawry wanted to play receiver but everybody down here thinks he's a CB... Their coach was telling teams for quite awhile that they had to be serious about offering both kids before he'd bring either one of them to campus.

Has Tennessee offered Lawry? I know the Pokes have held off because they want him at corner and want to evaluate him further into the season.

Have also heard that, like Loften a couple years back, grades may be an issue with McNeil too...

Thanks Nowitness, yes, we have offered his teammmate. They're the reason we may be holdong off on kids.

Btw, Loften just now enrolled in juco and is expected in January LOL yeah rite

Thanks Nowitness, yes, we have offered his teammmate. They're the reason we may be holdong off on kids.

Btw, Loften just now enrolled in juco and is expected in January LOL yeah rite

Originally Posted by HeavyHitta10

Originally Posted by cartune

So how yall feel about 6 straight SEC National Champions this year

And 3 straight times an Alabama school winning it?

Real talk, I'm confident with every position on the team except our qb position. I think we have a great team, but our qb will be the area which makes or breaks us this year. I will know how we are when we go to the hostile environment of Happy Valley and see what kind of composure our qb will have.

Is Saban still talking about going with two QB's? I know that's gotta be a motivational tool
laugh.gif
How's Philip Sims looking? 

Real talk, I'm confident with every position on the team except our qb position. I think we have a great team, but our qb will be the area which makes or breaks us this year. I will know how we are when we go to the hostile environment of Happy Valley and see what kind of composure our qb will have.

Is Saban still talking about going with two QB's? I know that's gotta be a motivational tool
laugh.gif

Michigan grabbing Dymonte Thomas soon for the '13 class would also be fun to watch.
#1 kid in OH for '13.  Cousin of Brionte Dunn. 

Hopefully we can snag 'em both.
nerd.gif

Michigan grabbing Dymonte Thomas soon for the '13 class would also be fun to watch.
#1 kid in OH for '13.  Cousin of Brionte Dunn. 

Hopefully we can snag 'em both.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

^Stanford is overrated, not really that talented. Dont think he has nearly the upside Burbridge has. He's been bs'in with his visits over the past couple months too. Think that's why they offered Monty.

yea, heard Norfleet had a bad trip up at Tenn. Kinda underwhelmed in his 40 (for him, anyway) at the Bama camp too (4.47).

and funny, I just was watching Dymonte highlights last night thinking to myself "why is UM recruiting him as a safety again?". Seems much more dynamic at RB, which is def more a need.

UM aint gonna land Cam tho. Regardless of what happens to OSU, he's ending up there imo. May have an outside chance with Jalin Marshall tho. Top 3 players in the state tho, landing 2 of those 3 would be more impressive than what they've done in Ohio this year...
I only like Standford cuz of his size.  I like big WR.  I think we'll end up w/ two in this class w/ Burbridge being one.  Also Standford pretty much equals Washington which is why I don't think we'll get either one. 

Pipkins is now confirmed for the BH BBQ.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

^Stanford is overrated, not really that talented. Dont think he has nearly the upside Burbridge has. He's been bs'in with his visits over the past couple months too. Think that's why they offered Monty.

yea, heard Norfleet had a bad trip up at Tenn. Kinda underwhelmed in his 40 (for him, anyway) at the Bama camp too (4.47).

and funny, I just was watching Dymonte highlights last night thinking to myself "why is UM recruiting him as a safety again?". Seems much more dynamic at RB, which is def more a need.

UM aint gonna land Cam tho. Regardless of what happens to OSU, he's ending up there imo. May have an outside chance with Jalin Marshall tho. Top 3 players in the state tho, landing 2 of those 3 would be more impressive than what they've done in Ohio this year...
I only like Standford cuz of his size.  I like big WR.  I think we'll end up w/ two in this class w/ Burbridge being one.  Also Standford pretty much equals Washington which is why I don't think we'll get either one. 

Pipkins is now confirmed for the BH BBQ.

CINCINNATI (AP) -- A former Cincinnati Bengals linebacker has been indicted on sex-related charges involving the teenage daughter of a former Bengals assistant coach.

The indictment alleges Nathaniel Webster engaged in sexual conduct with the girl in 2009 when she was 15 and threatened to harm her and her family if she told anyone.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Thursday the 33-year-old was indicted on one count each of gross sexual imposition and sexual battery and five counts of unlawful sex with a minor with gun specifications. Webster could be sentenced to up to 36 1/2 years in prison if convicted.

Court records didn't list an attorney for Webster.

He played for Tampa Bay from 2000 through 2003 and for the Bengals from 2004-05. He finished his career with Denver from 2006-08.

Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

CINCINNATI (AP) -- A former Cincinnati Bengals linebacker has been indicted on sex-related charges involving the teenage daughter of a former Bengals assistant coach.

The indictment alleges Nathaniel Webster engaged in sexual conduct with the girl in 2009 when she was 15 and threatened to harm her and her family if she told anyone.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said Thursday the 33-year-old was indicted on one count each of gross sexual imposition and sexual battery and five counts of unlawful sex with a minor with gun specifications. Webster could be sentenced to up to 36 1/2 years in prison if convicted.

Court records didn't list an attorney for Webster.

He played for Tampa Bay from 2000 through 2003 and for the Bengals from 2004-05. He finished his career with Denver from 2006-08.

Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif

Saban probably start the season against Kent State playing both of them and whoever plays better in the game will probably start the Penn State game. Phillip Sims is looking better out of the two in my eyes. He is more athletic and he has way better awareness than AJ McCarron. AJ is too much of a gunslinger that tries to fit a ball in tight situation that is to risky (Mississippi State last year) and Saban don't want a QB that plays his own way in this run first, pound the ball offense. He wants a QB that can manage the game and make good decisions.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif

Saban probably start the season against Kent State playing both of them and whoever plays better in the game will probably start the Penn State game. Phillip Sims is looking better out of the two in my eyes. He is more athletic and he has way better awareness than AJ McCarron. AJ is too much of a gunslinger that tries to fit a ball in tight situation that is to risky (Mississippi State last year) and Saban don't want a QB that plays his own way in this run first, pound the ball offense. He wants a QB that can manage the game and make good decisions.

[h2]http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...es-on-Clemson-OC-Chad-Morris?urn=ncaaf-wp3823[/h2]
[h2]Debriefing: All eyes on Clemson OC Chad Morris[/h2]
By Graham Watson

The least you should now about the 2011 Tigers. Part of ACC Week.
debriefing_all_eyes_on_clemson_oc_chad_morris.jpg
Ready for the big time. Chad Morris could be the offensive savior for Clemson and head coach Dabo Swinney if he can work the same magic he made during one season with Tulsa in his new offensive coordinator role at Clemson.

Clemson was terrible on offense a year ago. There's no nicer way to put it. The Tigers ranked 88[sup]th[/sup] nationally in total offense with 334.62 yards per game and 86[sup]th[/sup] in scoring offense with just 24 points per game. Both of those statistics ranked them 10[sup]th[/sup] in the ACC in front of Wake Forest and Boston College.

Tulsa, on the other hand, was an offensive juggernaut even by Conference USA standards. It had the fifth-best offense in the nation with 505.6 yards per game and the Golden Hurricane averaged 41.4 points per game last year. Tulsa ranked in the top 15 nationally in both rushing and passing offense, the only school to do so.

The challenge now is whether Morris can take Tulsa's numbers and put them on Clemson's stat line. While Morris had a great first season as Tulsa's OC, that's his only collegiate experience. Prior to coming to Tulsa, he was a successful high school coach at Lake Travis High in Texas. Now he's being charged with turning an ACC program around in a short amount of time. Luckily for him, the Tigers return eight starters, including four of five starters on the offensive line.

Morris and Boyd, come on down. While Morris will be under intense scrutiny as he begins his first season as Clemson's offensive coordinator, so will new quarterback Tajh Boyd. Boyd takes over after Kyle Parker, who had a miserable redshirt junior season, decided to play professional baseball instead of football. That should be good news for Clemson fans if Boyd can step in and be the up-tempo, quick-thinking quarterback Morris needs him to be successful in the Tigers new fast-paced offense. Clemson ran 866 plays last year while Tulsa ran 1,008 in the same amount of games. Boyd has the advantage of being a big body with the ability to move around the pocket and he'll have a lot of help with the Tigers run game and Andre Ellington and Mike Bellamy jostling for playing time.
http://
Fill holes up front. One of the concerns with running an up-tempo offense is making sure the defense is prepared to be on the field more often as the offense scores (or punts) with speedy regularity. Clemson already has the daunting task of replacing Da'Quan Bowers and Jarvis Jenkins on the defensive line, which might make returning end Andre Branch a little more susceptible to double teams if players such as Malliciah Goodman and Brandon Thompson don't become consistent threats to get into the opposing backfield.

Swinney's last stand. Clemson underachieved a season ago. No nicer way to put it. But with a heap of talent returning and coming in from a stellar recruiting class, Clemson has the opportunity to be a sleeper in the ACC.

And it better be if Swinney wants to keep his job.

Even though Swinney took the Tigers to the Meineke Car Care Bowl last year, they lost to South Florida and finished with the program's first losing record since 1998. Another losing campaign won't be acceptable, especially with 14 returning starters, a new hotshot offensive coordinator and a running back duo that should rival any tandem in the country. The Tigers first two games against Troy and Wofford should be a good opportunity to get the kinks out before taking on Auburn in Week 3. While Auburn might not be the powerhouse it was a year ago, this will be a good chance for Clemson to gain some early confidence before facing Florida State and Virginia Tech.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Is 2011 a "Now or Never" Season for the Crimson Tide? [/h1]
Saban_Shredding_tiny.png
by Todd on Jul 18, 2011 10:00 AM CDT in Football

/www.rollbamaroll.com/photos/is-2011-a-now-or-never-season-for-the-crimson-tide">http://www.rollbamaroll.c...son-for-the-crimson-tide'>More photos »</a></span>">Dave Martin - APMore photos »
(AP Photo/Dave Martin)
/www.rollbamaroll.com/photos/is-2011-a-now-or-never-season-for-the-crimson-tide">Browse">http://www.rollbamaroll.c...son-tide">Browse more photos »</a>">Browse more photos »

Looking ahead before the season even starts probably wouldn't get a Coach Saban seal of approval, but in talking with several people about the reasons why the Crimson Tide is almost universally picked by the preseason polls/magazines to play for another National Title this season it occurred to me: just like the 2010 Tide struggled to replace the core components of the 2009 Championship Team, whether we win another SEC and/or National Title this season or not the core components that everyone expects to make the 2011 team so successful will likewise be gone come 2012.  This year's team returns a load of talent and experience on defense, has a favorable schedule, and is working with a mostly intact coaching staff that's been together long enough to know the system and what's expected of them.  The metaphorical stars are in alignment for a championship run this season, but just as we heard plenty before the start of last season, there hasn't been a repeat BCS Champion for a reason, and to be perfectly frank if you look at the struggles of teams who have won or played for national titles to get back to the game in the following seasons we have to start honestly asking ourselves when those stars will align so perfectly again.  So let's take a look at the reasons why this opportunity simply can't be squandered as we get ready for the 2011 season.

Roster Attrition

The biggest reason for the preseason hype is the Crimson Tide's loaded defense.  10 of 11 starters return in 2011, but just like in 2009 a core group of experienced veterans are going to make up the heart and soul of this defense.  Players like Dont'a Hightower, Mark Barron, Courtney Upshaw, and Josh Chapman will all be valuable contributors, and all of them will be lost to graduation after this season.  Throw in the very real possiblity that both Dre Kirkpatrick and Robert Lester, if they can improve on their performances last season and develop into the players their potential indicates, will could easily choose early entry into the NFL Draft and suddenly you've got six starters - not to mention key backups like Chris Jordan, Jerrell Harris, and Nick Gentry - gone in 2012, including an almost completely revamped secondary and linebacker rotation.  As monstrously evil as this year's defense should be, 2012's is already looking like 2010's, i.e. talented and solid but prone to lapses and an inability to stem negative shifts in momentum. 

And what about the offense?  If Trent Richardson has the season we expect...well, expect an early entry into the NFL Draft.  Our three most experienced wide receivers in a completely unheralded and inconsistent receiving corps are seniors and will be gone.  The QB situation will have settled itself by 2012, but what about the offensive line? C William Vlachos is a senior, key backup McCullough is likely gone at the end of the year, and even if Barrett Jones stays for his senior season we're one injury away from an incredibly young, incredibly inexperienced offensive line in 2012, and 2013 will see a completely rebuilt line. The simple truth is the 2011 Crimson Tide looks more like the 2009 Championship Team than any team we'll put on the field over the next few seasons.  We've got a "critical mass" of experience and leadership on defense, a workhorse in the backfield with a more than capable backup, and a solid offensive line to protect a new quarterback that shouldn't have to win games on his own.

star-divide.v777cf8a.jpg

Schedule

Though we play Florida on the road this season, we're getting them in the midst of a coaching change.  Vanderbilt replaces South Carolina on the eastern division rotation.  Arkansas, Tennessee, and LSU are all at home. 2012?  Arkansas, Tennessee, and LSU are all on the road, and we'll be opening the season against a Michigan team in year two of the Brady Hoke experience, all with a rebuilt defense and without another legitimate Heisman Trophy contender in the backfield.

Staff Turnover

How much longer can we reasonably expect such hot coaching commodities as Jim McElwain and Kirby Smart to stick around?  Both will be head coaches sooner rather than later and barring a monumental collapse of apocalyptic proportions they still will be once the 2011 season concludes, SEC and/or National Title or not.  Yes, yes, we all think Kirby Smart has a "secret under the table coach in waiting" deal, but facing the very real possibility that Georgia might come calling again - this time for a position a little higher than defensive coordinator if you catch my drift - Smart could very easily be climbing the coaching ladder and fielding his own team in 2012.  Same for McElwain.  He was a candidate for the San Jose State job before last season and if Steve Addazio can land a head coaching gig after the putrid offensive display Florida put on last year another successful season will once again have McElwain's name popping up on head coaching short lists. Further, position coaches will be moving on to better opportunities as well.  We lost Curt Cignetti to a head coaching job at Penn IUP, and Vinnie Sal Suneri's name was tossed around for the Pitt job, too.  Another title run, and we can almost certainly kiss the staff as we know it goodbye.

The Rise of the SEC West

Finally, the SEC West is quickly becoming a killing floor of a division, but thanks to some fortunate enemy roster attrition and the aforementioned favorable schedule, now is the time to take advantage of it.  Arkansas is breaking in a new QB, Mississippi State will continue to be a solid program under Dan Mullen but they are still a year or two of recruiting classes away from having their own critical mass of players to be a true contender for the division,  Auburn is in full on rebuilding mode, and Ole Miss is...well still Ole Miss,.  Alabama and LSU stand atop the division as the most talented and experience teams in the division for this year and this year alone because next year, Bobby Petrino will have experience under center at Arkansas, Dan Mullen will have one more year of players in his system, and Auburn will have bought enough high end talent be coming back with greater depth and a veteran team.  Forget competing for a national title in 2012, just winning the division will be a significant achievement.

Putting it all together, we've got a golden opportunity here folks, one that isn't going to present itself again for several years and we simply cannot afford to squander this season.

[h2]http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...es-on-Clemson-OC-Chad-Morris?urn=ncaaf-wp3823[/h2]
[h2]Debriefing: All eyes on Clemson OC Chad Morris[/h2]
By Graham Watson

The least you should now about the 2011 Tigers. Part of ACC Week.
Ready for the big time. Chad Morris could be the offensive savior for Clemson and head coach Dabo Swinney if he can work the same magic he made during one season with Tulsa in his new offensive coordinator role at Clemson.

Clemson was terrible on offense a year ago. There's no nicer way to put it. The Tigers ranked 88[sup]th[/sup] nationally in total offense with 334.62 yards per game and 86[sup]th[/sup] in scoring offense with just 24 points per game. Both of those statistics ranked them 10[sup]th[/sup] in the ACC in front of Wake Forest and Boston College.

Tulsa, on the other hand, was an offensive juggernaut even by Conference USA standards. It had the fifth-best offense in the nation with 505.6 yards per game and the Golden Hurricane averaged 41.4 points per game last year. Tulsa ranked in the top 15 nationally in both rushing and passing offense, the only school to do so.

The challenge now is whether Morris can take Tulsa's numbers and put them on Clemson's stat line. While Morris had a great first season as Tulsa's OC, that's his only collegiate experience. Prior to coming to Tulsa, he was a successful high school coach at Lake Travis High in Texas. Now he's being charged with turning an ACC program around in a short amount of time. Luckily for him, the Tigers return eight starters, including four of five starters on the offensive line.

Morris and Boyd, come on down. While Morris will be under intense scrutiny as he begins his first season as Clemson's offensive coordinator, so will new quarterback Tajh Boyd. Boyd takes over after Kyle Parker, who had a miserable redshirt junior season, decided to play professional baseball instead of football. That should be good news for Clemson fans if Boyd can step in and be the up-tempo, quick-thinking quarterback Morris needs him to be successful in the Tigers new fast-paced offense. Clemson ran 866 plays last year while Tulsa ran 1,008 in the same amount of games. Boyd has the advantage of being a big body with the ability to move around the pocket and he'll have a lot of help with the Tigers run game and Andre Ellington and Mike Bellamy jostling for playing time.
Fill holes up front. One of the concerns with running an up-tempo offense is making sure the defense is prepared to be on the field more often as the offense scores (or punts) with speedy regularity. Clemson already has the daunting task of replacing Da'Quan Bowers and Jarvis Jenkins on the defensive line, which might make returning end Andre Branch a little more susceptible to double teams if players such as Malliciah Goodman and Brandon Thompson don't become consistent threats to get into the opposing backfield.

Swinney's last stand. Clemson underachieved a season ago. No nicer way to put it. But with a heap of talent returning and coming in from a stellar recruiting class, Clemson has the opportunity to be a sleeper in the ACC.

And it better be if Swinney wants to keep his job.

Even though Swinney took the Tigers to the Meineke Car Care Bowl last year, they lost to South Florida and finished with the program's first losing record since 1998. Another losing campaign won't be acceptable, especially with 14 returning starters, a new hotshot offensive coordinator and a running back duo that should rival any tandem in the country. The Tigers first two games against Troy and Wofford should be a good opportunity to get the kinks out before taking on Auburn in Week 3. While Auburn might not be the powerhouse it was a year ago, this will be a good chance for Clemson to gain some early confidence before facing Florida State and Virginia Tech.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Is 2011 a "Now or Never" Season for the Crimson Tide? [/h1]
Saban_Shredding_tiny.png
by Todd on Jul 18, 2011 10:00 AM CDT in Football

/www.rollbamaroll.com/photos/is-2011-a-now-or-never-season-for-the-crimson-tide">http://www.rollbamaroll.c...son-for-the-crimson-tide'>More photos »</a></span>">Dave Martin - APMore photos »
(AP Photo/Dave Martin)
/www.rollbamaroll.com/photos/is-2011-a-now-or-never-season-for-the-crimson-tide">Browse">http://www.rollbamaroll.c...son-tide">Browse more photos »</a>">Browse more photos »

Looking ahead before the season even starts probably wouldn't get a Coach Saban seal of approval, but in talking with several people about the reasons why the Crimson Tide is almost universally picked by the preseason polls/magazines to play for another National Title this season it occurred to me: just like the 2010 Tide struggled to replace the core components of the 2009 Championship Team, whether we win another SEC and/or National Title this season or not the core components that everyone expects to make the 2011 team so successful will likewise be gone come 2012.  This year's team returns a load of talent and experience on defense, has a favorable schedule, and is working with a mostly intact coaching staff that's been together long enough to know the system and what's expected of them.  The metaphorical stars are in alignment for a championship run this season, but just as we heard plenty before the start of last season, there hasn't been a repeat BCS Champion for a reason, and to be perfectly frank if you look at the struggles of teams who have won or played for national titles to get back to the game in the following seasons we have to start honestly asking ourselves when those stars will align so perfectly again.  So let's take a look at the reasons why this opportunity simply can't be squandered as we get ready for the 2011 season.

Roster Attrition

The biggest reason for the preseason hype is the Crimson Tide's loaded defense.  10 of 11 starters return in 2011, but just like in 2009 a core group of experienced veterans are going to make up the heart and soul of this defense.  Players like Dont'a Hightower, Mark Barron, Courtney Upshaw, and Josh Chapman will all be valuable contributors, and all of them will be lost to graduation after this season.  Throw in the very real possiblity that both Dre Kirkpatrick and Robert Lester, if they can improve on their performances last season and develop into the players their potential indicates, will could easily choose early entry into the NFL Draft and suddenly you've got six starters - not to mention key backups like Chris Jordan, Jerrell Harris, and Nick Gentry - gone in 2012, including an almost completely revamped secondary and linebacker rotation.  As monstrously evil as this year's defense should be, 2012's is already looking like 2010's, i.e. talented and solid but prone to lapses and an inability to stem negative shifts in momentum. 

And what about the offense?  If Trent Richardson has the season we expect...well, expect an early entry into the NFL Draft.  Our three most experienced wide receivers in a completely unheralded and inconsistent receiving corps are seniors and will be gone.  The QB situation will have settled itself by 2012, but what about the offensive line? C William Vlachos is a senior, key backup McCullough is likely gone at the end of the year, and even if Barrett Jones stays for his senior season we're one injury away from an incredibly young, incredibly inexperienced offensive line in 2012, and 2013 will see a completely rebuilt line. The simple truth is the 2011 Crimson Tide looks more like the 2009 Championship Team than any team we'll put on the field over the next few seasons.  We've got a "critical mass" of experience and leadership on defense, a workhorse in the backfield with a more than capable backup, and a solid offensive line to protect a new quarterback that shouldn't have to win games on his own.

star-divide.v777cf8a.jpg

Schedule

Though we play Florida on the road this season, we're getting them in the midst of a coaching change.  Vanderbilt replaces South Carolina on the eastern division rotation.  Arkansas, Tennessee, and LSU are all at home. 2012?  Arkansas, Tennessee, and LSU are all on the road, and we'll be opening the season against a Michigan team in year two of the Brady Hoke experience, all with a rebuilt defense and without another legitimate Heisman Trophy contender in the backfield.

Staff Turnover

How much longer can we reasonably expect such hot coaching commodities as Jim McElwain and Kirby Smart to stick around?  Both will be head coaches sooner rather than later and barring a monumental collapse of apocalyptic proportions they still will be once the 2011 season concludes, SEC and/or National Title or not.  Yes, yes, we all think Kirby Smart has a "secret under the table coach in waiting" deal, but facing the very real possibility that Georgia might come calling again - this time for a position a little higher than defensive coordinator if you catch my drift - Smart could very easily be climbing the coaching ladder and fielding his own team in 2012.  Same for McElwain.  He was a candidate for the San Jose State job before last season and if Steve Addazio can land a head coaching gig after the putrid offensive display Florida put on last year another successful season will once again have McElwain's name popping up on head coaching short lists. Further, position coaches will be moving on to better opportunities as well.  We lost Curt Cignetti to a head coaching job at Penn IUP, and Vinnie Sal Suneri's name was tossed around for the Pitt job, too.  Another title run, and we can almost certainly kiss the staff as we know it goodbye.

The Rise of the SEC West

Finally, the SEC West is quickly becoming a killing floor of a division, but thanks to some fortunate enemy roster attrition and the aforementioned favorable schedule, now is the time to take advantage of it.  Arkansas is breaking in a new QB, Mississippi State will continue to be a solid program under Dan Mullen but they are still a year or two of recruiting classes away from having their own critical mass of players to be a true contender for the division,  Auburn is in full on rebuilding mode, and Ole Miss is...well still Ole Miss,.  Alabama and LSU stand atop the division as the most talented and experience teams in the division for this year and this year alone because next year, Bobby Petrino will have experience under center at Arkansas, Dan Mullen will have one more year of players in his system, and Auburn will have bought enough high end talent be coming back with greater depth and a veteran team.  Forget competing for a national title in 2012, just winning the division will be a significant achievement.

Putting it all together, we've got a golden opportunity here folks, one that isn't going to present itself again for several years and we simply cannot afford to squander this season.

Face of the program this year, he's on all the posters you see in Allston/Brighton/Brookline/Chestnut Hill.

Face of the program this year, he's on all the posters you see in Allston/Brighton/Brookline/Chestnut Hill.

Boise State, Georgia, LSU, Oregon, Michigan St., Standford, Ohio State, Army and Navy are getting pro combat unis this season.

The uniforms will hit the field on opening day of the 2011-12 college

football season and throughout the year during some of fiercest rivalries in

college football. Dates include Oregon vs. LSU at Cowboys Stadium (9/3),

Boise State vs. Georgia at the Georgia Dome (9/3), Michigan State vs.

Michigan (10/15), LSU vs. Auburn (10/22), Ohio State vs. Wisconsin

(10/29), Stanford v. Notre Dame (11/27) and the annual service academy

bragging rights matchup between two of the nation’s most prestigious

football programs – Army vs. Navy (12/10).

Back
Top Bottom