2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

No words ..

Boise comes to play in big games .. AM has a lot to learn.

Buckeyes 1-0
Dawgs 0-1

Season just started

boise state was impressive, but i'm still not sure why georgia was ranked preseason... didn't they lose 10-6 to UCF in the liberty bowl last year to cement a losing season?

boise state was impressive, but i'm still not sure why georgia was ranked preseason... didn't they lose 10-6 to UCF in the liberty bowl last year to cement a losing season?

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

What's the good games next week?
I think the Michigan night game is next week. Ok State vs. Arizona is the Thursday nighter. Foles Criner vs. Weeden and Blackmon

What's the good games next week?
I think the Michigan night game is next week. Ok State vs. Arizona is the Thursday nighter. Foles Criner vs. Weeden and Blackmon

Oregon too soft for them sec teams....uga deserved to lose for them ugly +@% uniforms

laugh.gif
.. Last time you'll see those ...

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Oregon too soft for them sec teams....uga deserved to lose for them ugly +@% uniforms

laugh.gif

Yeah they probably won't even be in NCAA 13 next year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

laugh.gif

Yeah they probably won't even be in NCAA 13 next year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tune205

Easy to prepare for one team all season tho
Georgia had as much time to prepare as Boise did. The so called "grind" of the SEC schedule hasn't started yet...

With that said, Im not on the "Boise is going undefeated" bandwagon. They looked good tonight, but they looked good against VTech last year. We all know how that season ended. Personally I think Boise will find the MWC games tougher than what the WAC slate was. We will see. Still think they are beatable.

Originally Posted by tune205

Easy to prepare for one team all season tho
Georgia had as much time to prepare as Boise did. The so called "grind" of the SEC schedule hasn't started yet...

With that said, Im not on the "Boise is going undefeated" bandwagon. They looked good tonight, but they looked good against VTech last year. We all know how that season ended. Personally I think Boise will find the MWC games tougher than what the WAC slate was. We will see. Still think they are beatable.

(a copy and paste from game thread)

Hats and visors off to LSU.

The better team won tonight. Oregon could not execute early and shot themselves in the foot, killing off their own momentum and drives.

And, frankly, until Oregon can out-muscle a team, people aren't going to take them seriously as title contenders and I don't blame them. They'll do well in the Pac-12, but they gotta improve up-front on the offense before they can do anything nationally.

Win the Rose Bowl against a Wisconsin or Nebraska and you'll gain some national cred.

Things I took away from the game (aside from what I mentioned above):

-De'Anthony has the potential for a a promising career (if he holds on to the damn ball). Guy is lightning in a bottle.
-Jeff Maehl was missed. Too many drops to start the game that killed drives. Huff was a no-show (in my opinion) in both the NCG and tonight. Disappointed they couldn't get Paulson involved more and earlier.
-I said earlier either in this thread or the CFB one, that Oregon's defense didn't bother me, but that Oregon's O-Line/WR play did. It remains the same story for me after the game. Outside of Tuinei, nobody stepped up at the receiver position. When LaMichael James is your leading receiver, the guys at the wideout position aren't producing how they should be.
-Thought the defense played well, especially given the fact that they were put in bad situations multiple times by the offenses turnovers. I think they'll be a solid to really good unit throughout the season.
-Cliff Harris is a son of a +@!#* and really cost his team tonight. Not saying he would have given Oregon the win, but you look at that muffed punt by Barner, and the hole he created at CB, that LSU keyed on (TD and interference call); it's clear were problems with him not in the lineup. Guy better own his mistake and get on the field. He's a big difference maker and it showed on key plays tonight.
-Darron Thomas needs to settle the heck down in big games. After seeing Dixon and Masoli show moxie and poise in the big games, Thomas is driving me crazy with his jittery over-throws. He can be a hell of a player, but he gets too worked up. Watch the first half of the NCG and points throughout this game and it's evident he gets too amped.

That's all for now I suppose. Again, kudos to LSU and their gameplan. They executed and fully took advantage of the opportunities given them.

On to Nevada and the Pac-12. Still excited and looking forward to the season. A lot can happen and you don't give up on the season after one game. I hope they can evolve and change to meet the challenges that await them and rise up to the competition this fall.

(a copy and paste from game thread)

Hats and visors off to LSU.

The better team won tonight. Oregon could not execute early and shot themselves in the foot, killing off their own momentum and drives.

And, frankly, until Oregon can out-muscle a team, people aren't going to take them seriously as title contenders and I don't blame them. They'll do well in the Pac-12, but they gotta improve up-front on the offense before they can do anything nationally.

Win the Rose Bowl against a Wisconsin or Nebraska and you'll gain some national cred.

Things I took away from the game (aside from what I mentioned above):

-De'Anthony has the potential for a a promising career (if he holds on to the damn ball). Guy is lightning in a bottle.
-Jeff Maehl was missed. Too many drops to start the game that killed drives. Huff was a no-show (in my opinion) in both the NCG and tonight. Disappointed they couldn't get Paulson involved more and earlier.
-I said earlier either in this thread or the CFB one, that Oregon's defense didn't bother me, but that Oregon's O-Line/WR play did. It remains the same story for me after the game. Outside of Tuinei, nobody stepped up at the receiver position. When LaMichael James is your leading receiver, the guys at the wideout position aren't producing how they should be.
-Thought the defense played well, especially given the fact that they were put in bad situations multiple times by the offenses turnovers. I think they'll be a solid to really good unit throughout the season.
-Cliff Harris is a son of a +@!#* and really cost his team tonight. Not saying he would have given Oregon the win, but you look at that muffed punt by Barner, and the hole he created at CB, that LSU keyed on (TD and interference call); it's clear were problems with him not in the lineup. Guy better own his mistake and get on the field. He's a big difference maker and it showed on key plays tonight.
-Darron Thomas needs to settle the heck down in big games. After seeing Dixon and Masoli show moxie and poise in the big games, Thomas is driving me crazy with his jittery over-throws. He can be a hell of a player, but he gets too worked up. Watch the first half of the NCG and points throughout this game and it's evident he gets too amped.

That's all for now I suppose. Again, kudos to LSU and their gameplan. They executed and fully took advantage of the opportunities given them.

On to Nevada and the Pac-12. Still excited and looking forward to the season. A lot can happen and you don't give up on the season after one game. I hope they can evolve and change to meet the challenges that await them and rise up to the competition this fall.

Back
Top Bottom