2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Al3xis wrote:
One of the last things ND has to 'get' is you can play the sisters of the poor in Week 1. If I'm a BCS or independent program, there just is no advantage to playing anyone halfway decent to star the year.
Like USF is some powerhouse. 
laugh.gif

Al3xis wrote:
One of the last things ND has to 'get' is you can play the sisters of the poor in Week 1. If I'm a BCS or independent program, there just is no advantage to playing anyone halfway decent to star the year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

Sacramento State > Oregon State

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This team
30t6p3b.gif
  o-line is terrible.

We have the leading rusher in the nation though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
  have to have something to cheer about
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

Sacramento State > Oregon State

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This team
30t6p3b.gif
  o-line is terrible.

We have the leading rusher in the nation though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
  have to have something to cheer about
grin.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

I'm fine w. Kelly blowing a gasket.
I am too, but after every single mistake?  You need to draw the line somewhere.

This isn't like the old days of Woody and Bo where they could recruit as many players as they want and kill off the weak links by blowing gaskets every 5 minutes.

That +*!* is counter productive at the end of the day IMO.  There were a lot of teaching moments for BK yesterday and he chose to go over the deep end time after time.  He just made some of these dudes even more afraid to screw up again (which always backfires). *shrugs*

These were CRUCIAL mistakes....TJ Jones not being aware of the pass in the RZ....Jonas Gray not protecting the ball inside the 3....and a SENIOR QB making one of the most bone-headed passes that you can make that cost the team at the least, 3 points.  All those dudes deserved to be chewed out or benched.  Inexcusable.  These are not freshmen making these mistakes, nor teaching points...these are all guys who have been there before.  Turnovers are going to happen over the course of a game.  However, in the manner in which they did yesterday for ND, it ALL falls on the players.  Dudes were not ready to play.  I hope Kelly makes the adjustments for next week and gets guys on the field who are prepared. 

I'm fine w. Kelly blowing a gasket.
I am too, but after every single mistake?  You need to draw the line somewhere.

This isn't like the old days of Woody and Bo where they could recruit as many players as they want and kill off the weak links by blowing gaskets every 5 minutes.

That +*!* is counter productive at the end of the day IMO.  There were a lot of teaching moments for BK yesterday and he chose to go over the deep end time after time.  He just made some of these dudes even more afraid to screw up again (which always backfires). *shrugs*

These were CRUCIAL mistakes....TJ Jones not being aware of the pass in the RZ....Jonas Gray not protecting the ball inside the 3....and a SENIOR QB making one of the most bone-headed passes that you can make that cost the team at the least, 3 points.  All those dudes deserved to be chewed out or benched.  Inexcusable.  These are not freshmen making these mistakes, nor teaching points...these are all guys who have been there before.  Turnovers are going to happen over the course of a game.  However, in the manner in which they did yesterday for ND, it ALL falls on the players.  Dudes were not ready to play.  I hope Kelly makes the adjustments for next week and gets guys on the field who are prepared. 

DJ's I agree w/ you for the most part (on the "big 3" mistakes), but...

He was acting like that damn near the entire game.
laugh.gif

I'm strictly talking from a strategic standpoint (not ethical, whatsoever).

How does chewing dudes out in that fashion help them/the team?  I'm sure they already knew they @***+* up and were beating themselves up more than anybody else possibly could. 

BK seemed borderline malicious w/ some of those rants.  Even some of the toughest dudes would crack w/ the way he acts on the sidelines.

There has to be a healthy medium somewhere.

laugh.gif

How does chewing dudes out in that fashion help them/the team?  I'm sure they already knew they @***+* up and were beating themselves up more than anybody else possibly could. 

BK seemed borderline malicious w/ some of those rants.  Even some of the toughest dudes would crack w/ the way he acts on the sidelines.

There has to be a healthy medium somewhere

that attuide worked at cincy and the stop before that so why stop now? thats how he gets his point across and it has worked.

bob stoops, saban, etc, etc, have the same mind set

There has to be a healthy medium somewhere

that attuide worked at cincy and the stop before that so why stop now? thats how he gets his point across and it has worked.

bob stoops, saban, etc, etc, have the same mind set

laugh.gif

I'm sure he was frustrated as hell...%%@*, I don't know many coaches who would have been able to keep it together if their offense was imploding in the fashion ND did yesterday.  If you're going to be that mentally weak that you can't raise your play after getting reamed out, then you got no business on the field.  I'm telling you....there was a ho-hum attitude that I saw from a few of the players after miscues.  Brian Kelly is only reacting to what is happening on the field.  He has a good resume and I'm willing to side with him in the way he reacted over being critical in sympathetic support of the players.  They deserved to be chewed out.  Kelly had good reason to do so and he had good reason to be stewing ALL game IMO.  Regardless of what folks think of ND being ranked #16, they should have shown better.  I don't know what's going to happen next week, but I'm sure that the level of play and preparedness will be 10x better than what we saw yesterday.

laugh.gif

I'm sure he was frustrated as hell...%%@*, I don't know many coaches who would have been able to keep it together if their offense was imploding in the fashion ND did yesterday.  If you're going to be that mentally weak that you can't raise your play after getting reamed out, then you got no business on the field.  I'm telling you....there was a ho-hum attitude that I saw from a few of the players after miscues.  Brian Kelly is only reacting to what is happening on the field.  He has a good resume and I'm willing to side with him in the way he reacted over being critical in sympathetic support of the players.  They deserved to be chewed out.  Kelly had good reason to do so and he had good reason to be stewing ALL game IMO.  Regardless of what folks think of ND being ranked #16, they should have shown better.  I don't know what's going to happen next week, but I'm sure that the level of play and preparedness will be 10x better than what we saw yesterday.

You both made good points and I actually agree w/ you for the most part.

I'm sure the pressure to succeed is more than getting to him.  I still think he needs to tone it down a tad, though.

Can't wait for Saturday's game under the lights in the Big House.  The story lines and amount of unknowns, even after ND's loss, is still
pimp.gif

You both made good points and I actually agree w/ you for the most part.

I'm sure the pressure to succeed is more than getting to him.  I still think he needs to tone it down a tad, though.

Can't wait for Saturday's game under the lights in the Big House.  The story lines and amount of unknowns, even after ND's loss, is still
pimp.gif

Yup. Same tactics, but he just has a bigger target on his back now. If he wins yesterday this isn't even an issue.

Yup. Same tactics, but he just has a bigger target on his back now. If he wins yesterday this isn't even an issue.

ND should not have been ranked as high as #16. Still, USF was more than beatable.

Hawaii
pimp.gif

Georgia getting rocked
pimp.gif

ND should not have been ranked as high as #16. Still, USF was more than beatable.

Hawaii
pimp.gif

Georgia getting rocked
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Al3xis wrote:
laugh.gif

'Halfway decent'.

they're good enough that if you come out flat, they'll beat you. Play a San Diego State caliber team like they did a few years ago and you can play like dog #@#+ and still pull out a win.

just to appease some ND people, probably..but yesterday wasn't going to be the day for it the way they came out.

Going with Crist is on him, but he had spring and fall to make his decision so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he saw things different in practice..at least he made the right call after a half.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Al3xis wrote:
laugh.gif

'Halfway decent'.

they're good enough that if you come out flat, they'll beat you. Play a San Diego State caliber team like they did a few years ago and you can play like dog #@#+ and still pull out a win.

just to appease some ND people, probably..but yesterday wasn't going to be the day for it the way they came out.

Going with Crist is on him, but he had spring and fall to make his decision so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he saw things different in practice..at least he made the right call after a half.

Back
Top Bottom