2011 College Football "The Real been hacked!!!!" .

Or, your OC could play to LT's strengths and run the hell out of him and give him lots of easy throws. Helps you stay out of 3rd and longs. Between LT and David Wilson they should be running, running, running since it's apparent that LT isn't their passing wise (and I guess the WR's aren't either?). Zone read ppl to death lol. Right now he's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Posey looks like he is done in CBus

Sounds like Pryor ratted all of them out so he could get into the supplemental draft THIS year and not wait.

Nathan Williams knee getting scoped might make him miss the rest of the season. Huge loss on a suspect DL.

Keep the good news coming

Posey looks like he is done in CBus

Sounds like Pryor ratted all of them out so he could get into the supplemental draft THIS year and not wait.

Nathan Williams knee getting scoped might make him miss the rest of the season. Huge loss on a suspect DL.

Keep the good news coming

Josh_WardJosh Ward

RB Bryce Brown is done playing college football and plans to prepare for the upcoming NFL Draft, per @JimmyHyams

Josh_WardJosh Ward

RB Bryce Brown is done playing college football and plans to prepare for the upcoming NFL Draft, per @JimmyHyams

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Josh_WardJosh Ward

Is he serious?
laugh.gif

Arthur's out there blowing up and looking like a future 1st rounder while Bryce is doing the exact opposite.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Josh_WardJosh Ward

Is he serious?
laugh.gif

Arthur's out there blowing up and looking like a future 1st rounder while Bryce is doing the exact opposite.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Or, your OC could play to LT's strengths and run the hell out of him and give him lots of easy throws. Helps you stay out of 3rd and longs. Between LT and David Wilson they should be running, running, running since it's apparent that LT isn't their passing wise (and I guess the WR's aren't either?). Zone read ppl to death lol. Right now he's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I totally agree with you on that. I'm not sure if we'll see more of it soon, but the main reason why LT hasn't been getting a lot of called runs is he hurt his left shoulder against ECU when he ran over that guy on the TD and the injury is worse than they told the media. I thought it would be better by the Clemson game but I guess not since they said as much postgame. Sucks because I feel like if we just used the zone read our drives wouldn't keep stalling since we can get an easy 3-5 yards at any time we want. 
Over the first half of last year we only threw for 200+ yds once, and that was with a senior at QB. Our OL and passing game just are never in sync early in the year, pretty clear to me it's more the system/coaches than LT. Especially having watched all his scrimmages/some practices where he looked much better in the passing game than Tyrod ever did until his senior year. Timing, accuracy, everything. I watch the film of it on my laptop and it's laughable how much worse it is now in all phases. WR's aren't getting separation or beating anybody over the top, the routes are much more "safe" and too often to the same depth. The obvious answer would be that now it's in a real game against other defenses, but ever since I've been following the team our D dominates in scrimmages and practices and our O is better against other teams than they are against the D in practice. It looks more like Marcus Davis and Boykin are banged up and completely ineffective, and with nobody to stretch the field the D just sits on our underneath routes. It seems like LT is pressing to make a play too, like we had a 2nd and 9 in Clemson territory and he throws a prayer to the endzone where Coale is triple covered instead of checking down and getting a manageable 3rd. Totally kills the drive. 

And when something is designed well enough to work the WR just drops it
laugh.gif
Boykin could have had a TD if he had hauled in the slant in the 1st quarter. Instead it bounces off his hands and gets picked
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

I totally agree with you on that. I'm not sure if we'll see more of it soon, but the main reason why LT hasn't been getting a lot of called runs is he hurt his left shoulder against ECU when he ran over that guy on the TD and the injury is worse than they told the media. I thought it would be better by the Clemson game but I guess not since they said as much postgame. Sucks because I feel like if we just used the zone read our drives wouldn't keep stalling since we can get an easy 3-5 yards at any time we want. 
Over the first half of last year we only threw for 200+ yds once, and that was with a senior at QB. Our OL and passing game just are never in sync early in the year, pretty clear to me it's more the system/coaches than LT. Especially having watched all his scrimmages/some practices where he looked much better in the passing game than Tyrod ever did until his senior year. Timing, accuracy, everything. I watch the film of it on my laptop and it's laughable how much worse it is now in all phases. WR's aren't getting separation or beating anybody over the top, the routes are much more "safe" and too often to the same depth. The obvious answer would be that now it's in a real game against other defenses, but ever since I've been following the team our D dominates in scrimmages and practices and our O is better against other teams than they are against the D in practice. It looks more like Marcus Davis and Boykin are banged up and completely ineffective, and with nobody to stretch the field the D just sits on our underneath routes. It seems like LT is pressing to make a play too, like we had a 2nd and 9 in Clemson territory and he throws a prayer to the endzone where Coale is triple covered instead of checking down and getting a manageable 3rd. Totally kills the drive. 

And when something is designed well enough to work the WR just drops it
laugh.gif
Boykin could have had a TD if he had hauled in the slant in the 1st quarter. Instead it bounces off his hands and gets picked
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Miami fans, I only watched your game against Maryland and part of the one against Ohio State; why is your run D so bad statistically? Is it really that bad or are the stats misleading? Seeing that we were at least able to run well on Clemson was encouraging. If we hadn't had our starting DT go out I might feel good about our chances to win this week, but Lamar Miller is gonna eat us alive.

BTW, as bad as our passing game looked against Clemson, it was not all LT's fault. Since our WR's are depleted (and our backups are apparently incompetent) we had FIVE incompletions (out of 12 total) where one or more WR's ran the wrong route and LT had nowhere to throw. Three of them were drive killers on 3rd down. Yea LT wasn't great but having Jr and Sr. WR's run busted routes at costly times is inexcusable. Also even when healthy we don't have anybody to really stretch the field or get behind the defense. I'm bout to start a slush fund for Stefon Diggs to get him to come here
laugh.gif
HORRIBLE tackling is the biggest culprit.  I mean real bad.  We'll have guys stopped 3-4 yards short, and can't wrap up and drives extend.  Been happening all 4 games so far.  I don't see it magically stopping this week. 

Spence can be had easy on misdirection stuff, he'll over pursue, and outside of him and Ray Ray, they don't have any big time playermakers yet.  I do see signs from Chickillo and Perryman though, some seasoning and they may very well be our big play makers FAST.  They look legit so far.  And if a safety is what helps us with our run defense, then we already lost out there. 
30t6p3b.gif

And Miller is battling a shoulder issue (which apparently he's had since HS) so that could neutralize him if he takes a big hit or even lands on it wrong a couple times. 

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Miami fans, I only watched your game against Maryland and part of the one against Ohio State; why is your run D so bad statistically? Is it really that bad or are the stats misleading? Seeing that we were at least able to run well on Clemson was encouraging. If we hadn't had our starting DT go out I might feel good about our chances to win this week, but Lamar Miller is gonna eat us alive.

BTW, as bad as our passing game looked against Clemson, it was not all LT's fault. Since our WR's are depleted (and our backups are apparently incompetent) we had FIVE incompletions (out of 12 total) where one or more WR's ran the wrong route and LT had nowhere to throw. Three of them were drive killers on 3rd down. Yea LT wasn't great but having Jr and Sr. WR's run busted routes at costly times is inexcusable. Also even when healthy we don't have anybody to really stretch the field or get behind the defense. I'm bout to start a slush fund for Stefon Diggs to get him to come here
laugh.gif
HORRIBLE tackling is the biggest culprit.  I mean real bad.  We'll have guys stopped 3-4 yards short, and can't wrap up and drives extend.  Been happening all 4 games so far.  I don't see it magically stopping this week. 

Spence can be had easy on misdirection stuff, he'll over pursue, and outside of him and Ray Ray, they don't have any big time playermakers yet.  I do see signs from Chickillo and Perryman though, some seasoning and they may very well be our big play makers FAST.  They look legit so far.  And if a safety is what helps us with our run defense, then we already lost out there. 
30t6p3b.gif

And Miller is battling a shoulder issue (which apparently he's had since HS) so that could neutralize him if he takes a big hit or even lands on it wrong a couple times. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Well done dre.
Logan Thomas on (unfair) comparisons to Cam Newton: "I’m my own person and it’s going to be a different journey for me than it was for him."

I'll say
30t6p3b.gif
I saw a few more times where he just got impatient and threw .5-1 seconds too quickly instead of waiting for the routes to develop. Cost us a few first downs and a TD to Drager who was wide open. I mean I knew there would be growing pains but I thought he'd have quit staring down receivers and be able to make check downs by now. I think he'd be doing a lot better at another school to be honest. Why are we taking deep shots on 2nd and long, but on 2nd and 1 we just settle for an easy run or QB sneak. No play action or anything? Too much of our offense is just asinine. 

CP I'm glad to hear that y'all can't tackle, hopefully that's not fixed by Saturday
laugh.gif
David Wilson had 95 of his 123 rushing yards after contact against Clemson. I hope this doesn't turn out to be some quote of the week type stuff here:

LT on Miami game: "We just want to go out there and put on a performance like there’s never been an offensive performance put [on] here."

He'll probably end up being right when we score 0 points. 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Well done dre.
Logan Thomas on (unfair) comparisons to Cam Newton: "I’m my own person and it’s going to be a different journey for me than it was for him."

I'll say
30t6p3b.gif
I saw a few more times where he just got impatient and threw .5-1 seconds too quickly instead of waiting for the routes to develop. Cost us a few first downs and a TD to Drager who was wide open. I mean I knew there would be growing pains but I thought he'd have quit staring down receivers and be able to make check downs by now. I think he'd be doing a lot better at another school to be honest. Why are we taking deep shots on 2nd and long, but on 2nd and 1 we just settle for an easy run or QB sneak. No play action or anything? Too much of our offense is just asinine. 

CP I'm glad to hear that y'all can't tackle, hopefully that's not fixed by Saturday
laugh.gif
David Wilson had 95 of his 123 rushing yards after contact against Clemson. I hope this doesn't turn out to be some quote of the week type stuff here:

LT on Miami game: "We just want to go out there and put on a performance like there’s never been an offensive performance put [on] here."

He'll probably end up being right when we score 0 points. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom