2011 NBA MVP Thread

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Dan LeBetard has pretty perfectly summed up the case against Rose.

http://www.miamiherald.co...-bulls-derrick-rose.html

Ah well, logic looses this battle, enjoy the MVP.
He made a huge mistake just a few paragraphs in: "They are essentially the same player, in other words."

Wow...no, they are not. Stats wise, they may be close, but please believe it, they are not the same player. And his silliness with the whole "Hey-I-Didn’t-Expect-The-Bulls-To-Be-Good", can also go for "I didn't think he'd have this type of year" for Westbrook.

Stats are clearly important, but about other basketball variables?
You are 100% correct.  They arent the same player.  Russell Westbrook plays great defense.  Rose plays little.

Originally Posted by dland24

He made a huge mistake just a few paragraphs in: "They are essentially the same player, in other words."

Wow...no, they are not. Stats wise, they may be close, but please believe it, they are not the same player. And his silliness with the whole "Hey-I-Didn’t-Expect-The-Bulls-To-Be-Good", can also go for "I didn't think he'd have this type of year" for Westbrook.

You are 100% correct.  They arent the same player.  Russell Westbrook plays great defense.  Rose plays little.
I can play that game too. Who gets the ball to win the game for OKC? Who gets the ball to win the game for Chi?

I can play that game too. Who gets the ball to win the game for OKC? Who gets the ball to win the game for Chi?

Boy he musta drank a tall glass of haterade before, during and after writing that POS. Using Westbrook as a comparison was poor judgement for a veteran writer. Although they are comparable as athletes, Rose is #1 on his team and RW #2 behind Durant. Bulls count on Rose in the 4th and Durant is the same for Thunder.

IMO, you don't need to win the conference player of the week/month every week/month to be the most valuable player. Rose is MVP because he has carried a team expected to be top four in the east to the very top while being without two starters for most of the season. He is MVP because he has created for his teammates and gotten the most out of them. He is MVP because he gets the job done in the clutch for his team.

Does LeBron do that? Yes, but he also has another top 5er on his side in case he wants to rest a sprained ankle or if he decides to think about who his mom is with at the moment. LeBron is giving us his reg LBJ #s on a team with TWO other gold medalists. Don't say %%%% about gelling when the season is damn near over. Their record sucks when you compare it to CLE's past two years. The MIA team should be ahead of the Spurs just off their big three. LeBron and Wade are not MVPs this year.

We all know who is LeBetard is voting for, we should just let him keep that vote to himself this year.

Boy he musta drank a tall glass of haterade before, during and after writing that POS. Using Westbrook as a comparison was poor judgement for a veteran writer. Although they are comparable as athletes, Rose is #1 on his team and RW #2 behind Durant. Bulls count on Rose in the 4th and Durant is the same for Thunder.

IMO, you don't need to win the conference player of the week/month every week/month to be the most valuable player. Rose is MVP because he has carried a team expected to be top four in the east to the very top while being without two starters for most of the season. He is MVP because he has created for his teammates and gotten the most out of them. He is MVP because he gets the job done in the clutch for his team.

Does LeBron do that? Yes, but he also has another top 5er on his side in case he wants to rest a sprained ankle or if he decides to think about who his mom is with at the moment. LeBron is giving us his reg LBJ #s on a team with TWO other gold medalists. Don't say %%%% about gelling when the season is damn near over. Their record sucks when you compare it to CLE's past two years. The MIA team should be ahead of the Spurs just off their big three. LeBron and Wade are not MVPs this year.

We all know who is LeBetard is voting for, we should just let him keep that vote to himself this year.

So it's Westbrook's fault he plays with another superstar scorer and Rose doesn't?

And if you wanna play the down-the-stretch game, Westbrook is every bit as productive as Rose in the clutch.

So it's Westbrook's fault he plays with another superstar scorer and Rose doesn't?

And if you wanna play the down-the-stretch game, Westbrook is every bit as productive as Rose in the clutch.

Well you would lose that game.  Why dont you check crunch time stats and get back to me. 

Well you would lose that game.  Why dont you check crunch time stats and get back to me. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yup. They don't want to hear that though.
laugh.gif

1zlx4c9.jpg

laugh.gif

1zlx4c9.jpg

Originally Posted by JD617

laugh.gif

1zlx4c9.jpg

They dont want to hear ANY of that.  Once again, I am not saying Rose wont win the MVP.  What I am saying is that every measurable statistical category shows that Rose shouldnt be the MVP. 

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

laugh.gif

1zlx4c9.jpg

They dont want to hear ANY of that.  Once again, I am not saying Rose wont win the MVP.  What I am saying is that every measurable statistical category shows that Rose shouldnt be the MVP. 

It's not his fault, but he doesn't have to shoulder the same load as Rose. You gotta look at the primary scorer for each team. Dirk for yall for example. All the defenses are geared for that top player. For most of the season, Rose has been without a supporting player. They've only played 20-23 games with the starting lineup intact. Yet, we are still #1. Deng has played well, but he is never the #1 option....much like Rus. The primary flaw of the article was using Rus for the argument.

What are Westbrook's 4th qtr #s vs Rose's?

If OKC stay close down the stretch tonight with POR, who getting the ball in the end?

It's not his fault, but he doesn't have to shoulder the same load as Rose. You gotta look at the primary scorer for each team. Dirk for yall for example. All the defenses are geared for that top player. For most of the season, Rose has been without a supporting player. They've only played 20-23 games with the starting lineup intact. Yet, we are still #1. Deng has played well, but he is never the #1 option....much like Rus. The primary flaw of the article was using Rus for the argument.

What are Westbrook's 4th qtr #s vs Rose's?

If OKC stay close down the stretch tonight with POR, who getting the ball in the end?

pimp.gif

Dan Lebatard will say anything to put lebron back in the competition

He needs to shut up and keep taking the royal penis in quiet

you know damn well he isn't voting for Westbrook

Dan Lebatard will say anything to put lebron back in the competition

He needs to shut up and keep taking the royal penis in quiet

Originally Posted by SLP Product

pimp.gif
So the player who deserves MVP is the one with the best narrative? Because that second assertion is partly true, but it really shouldn't matter much because preseason expectations should have no bearing on the criterion for an individual achievement award.

Fact is Chicago wins because of their top ranked defense and rebounding, two categories where Rose doesn't deserve much credit relative to his team. Where Rose does deserve credit is regarding their mediocre offense, where his volume shooting and below average assist to turnover rate has Chicago in a three-way tie for 12th best offense. Oh, and stop saying he's done it without Boozer or Noah for most of the season, they've both played in more than half of Chicago's games. Besides, Chicago is one of the deepest teams in the league, they have 7 quality rotation players.

Originally Posted by SLP Product

pimp.gif
So the player who deserves MVP is the one with the best narrative? Because that second assertion is partly true, but it really shouldn't matter much because preseason expectations should have no bearing on the criterion for an individual achievement award.

Fact is Chicago wins because of their top ranked defense and rebounding, two categories where Rose doesn't deserve much credit relative to his team. Where Rose does deserve credit is regarding their mediocre offense, where his volume shooting and below average assist to turnover rate has Chicago in a three-way tie for 12th best offense. Oh, and stop saying he's done it without Boozer or Noah for most of the season, they've both played in more than half of Chicago's games. Besides, Chicago is one of the deepest teams in the league, they have 7 quality rotation players.

Who listens to that clown? I turn the tv whenever dude is on. Love Westbrook, but he can not break people down like Rose, plus Rose has "it". It's kinda like comparing Big Pun and Biggie. Big Pun was nice and could probably stand toe to toe with Big, but Big had "it".

Who listens to that clown? I turn the tv whenever dude is on. Love Westbrook, but he can not break people down like Rose, plus Rose has "it". It's kinda like comparing Big Pun and Biggie. Big Pun was nice and could probably stand toe to toe with Big, but Big had "it".

Originally Posted by DubA169

I think thats the point bro.....the fact that Westbrook and Rose are fairly comparable, and Westbrook is no where near the top of his MVP ballot. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

I think thats the point bro.....the fact that Westbrook and Rose are fairly comparable, and Westbrook is no where near the top of his MVP ballot. 

Back
Top Bottom