2011 NBA MVP Thread

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Take James off the Heat. They're still a good and playoff team. Take Rose off the Bulls, they'll be bad. Rose for MVP
pimp.gif

I hate this argument for the MVP so much. But if you want to play that game, look at the Cavs.

I think Bron deserves it (obviously) but I wouldn't be mad if Rose won.

And Bron ain't winning it, after the decision and to make him a back to back to back MVP, no chance in hell.

Take James off the Heat. They're still a good and playoff team. Take Rose off the Bulls, they'll be bad. Rose for MVP
pimp.gif

I hate this argument for the MVP so much. But if you want to play that game, look at the Cavs.

And Bron ain't winning it, after the decision and to make him a back to back to back MVP, no chance in hell.

The "look at the cavs" argument is a great argument supporting why he was deserving of his last two MVPs.  Using that argument to justify why he's the MVP this year as a Heat player is just weird.  

The "look at the cavs" argument is a great argument supporting why he was deserving of his last two MVPs.  Using that argument to justify why he's the MVP this year as a Heat player is just weird.  

Originally Posted by KingJames23

pimp.gif

but that argument is literally what being the most valuable player means. Looking at the Cavs is irrelevant, as Lebron plays for the heat now. Like others have already said, the cavs being bad this year just justifies Lebron winning it the last two years. Rose has been the most valuable player this year, and has been playing the best.

pimp.gif

but that argument is literally what being the most valuable player means. Looking at the Cavs is irrelevant, as Lebron plays for the heat now. Like others have already said, the cavs being bad this year just justifies Lebron winning it the last two years. Rose has been the most valuable player this year, and has been playing the best.

poll.results.hdr1.gif

At the All-Star break, who gets your MVP vote?

[table][tr][td]
Derrick Rose
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]13718[/td][td]-[/td][td]35%[/td][/tr][tr][td]
LeBron James
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]13992[/td][td]-[/td][td]36%[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe Bryant
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]8190[/td][td]-[/td][td]21%[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kevin Durant
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]3277[/td][td]-[/td][td]8%[/td][/tr][/table]
/i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/polls/nbaPollBottom.jpg);">http://i.cdn.turner.com/n...olls/nbaPollBottom.jpg); clear: both; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">

poll.results.hdr1.gif

At the All-Star break, who gets your MVP vote?

[table][tr][td]
Derrick Rose
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]13718[/td][td]-[/td][td]35%[/td][/tr][tr][td]
LeBron James
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]13992[/td][td]-[/td][td]36%[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kobe Bryant
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]8190[/td][td]-[/td][td]21%[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kevin Durant
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]3277[/td][td]-[/td][td]8%[/td][/tr][/table]
/i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/polls/nbaPollBottom.jpg);">http://i.cdn.turner.com/n...olls/nbaPollBottom.jpg); clear: both; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat; ">

For Rose to win it he's got to maintain this torrid pace he's been on for the rest of the season. He can't coast. Bron can coast win it. Bron is just being Bron, only difference is now he's on the Heat. This is the same MVP caliber of play that got him two MVP's on the Cavs. Derrick Rose is playing out of this world but I think we all need to realize that this is not Derrick Rose being Derrick Rose. He's on a tear. If he comes back down to earth even just a bit I think it should go to Bron.

For Rose to win it he's got to maintain this torrid pace he's been on for the rest of the season. He can't coast. Bron can coast win it. Bron is just being Bron, only difference is now he's on the Heat. This is the same MVP caliber of play that got him two MVP's on the Cavs. Derrick Rose is playing out of this world but I think we all need to realize that this is not Derrick Rose being Derrick Rose. He's on a tear. If he comes back down to earth even just a bit I think it should go to Bron.

If Rose keeps up this pace and the Bulls finish 1 or 2, he deserves it and stands a good chance of winning.

If he falters or the Bulls end up 3rd and LBJ keeps up his numbers, he's the MVP. I think too much politics might go into Lebron not winning it, being on a good team, the backlash of the Decision, not wanting to give it to him 3 years running, etc. Both would be deserving if they end the season on the same pace.

The wildcard is Dwight Howard. If the Magic can finish 2-3, and he keeps up his numbers as well I think he might steal a lot of votes. He's been in the MVP voting the past couple years, he's having his best offensive year along with his best defense in the NBA, but I don't think the Magic will win enough games.

If Rose keeps up this pace and the Bulls finish 1 or 2, he deserves it and stands a good chance of winning.

If he falters or the Bulls end up 3rd and LBJ keeps up his numbers, he's the MVP. I think too much politics might go into Lebron not winning it, being on a good team, the backlash of the Decision, not wanting to give it to him 3 years running, etc. Both would be deserving if they end the season on the same pace.

The wildcard is Dwight Howard. If the Magic can finish 2-3, and he keeps up his numbers as well I think he might steal a lot of votes. He's been in the MVP voting the past couple years, he's having his best offensive year along with his best defense in the NBA, but I don't think the Magic will win enough games.

Originally Posted by amel223

Lebron's and Rose's numbers are pretty similar.  I'm not really worried about the PER differential because I'm not sure how much stock the media puts on PER.  Lebron's team is only 1 win higher than Chicago in the standings. 

If Chicago can jump ahead of Miami in the standings by the playoffs its a wrap. 

LOL. you dreamin

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

pimp.gif

The MVP is about who plays the best ball throughout the year.

If we're talking someone off a team and looking at what they'd be without them, I'd say D12 is the MVP then. That team couldn't score in the paint, grab a board, or defend the paint without him (exaggeration of course but you get the point).

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Or maybe you should start thinking that this is just the beginning of DRose? Maybe you start thinking the potential and how scary this dude is!

My dude is just
pimp.gif
 I mean c'mon, it's what? Dude's 3rd season or whatever?
eek.gif
 He deserves MVP!

pimp.gif

If we're talking someone off a team and looking at what they'd be without them, I'd say D12 is the MVP then. That team couldn't score in the paint, grab a board, or defend the paint without him (exaggeration of course but you get the point).

Originally Posted by amel223

Lebron's and Rose's numbers are pretty similar.  I'm not really worried about the PER differential because I'm not sure how much stock the media puts on PER.  Lebron's team is only 1 win higher than Chicago in the standings. 

If Chicago can jump ahead of Miami in the standings by the playoffs its a wrap. 

LOL. you dreamin

Or maybe you should start thinking that this is just the beginning of DRose? Maybe you start thinking the potential and how scary this dude is!

My dude is just
pimp.gif
eek.gif
 He deserves MVP!

pimp.gif

That may be true, but I doubt a lot of people thought the bulls would be this good without Noah and/or Boozer for long stretches of time. At the half way point of the season, Rose has been playing the best ball in the league. If he keeps it up, he should be MVP.

pimp.gif

That may be true, but I doubt a lot of people thought the bulls would be this good without Noah and/or Boozer for long stretches of time. At the half way point of the season, Rose has been playing the best ball in the league. If he keeps it up, he should be MVP.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

My dude is just
pimp.gif
eek.gif
 He deserves MVP!
I'd love to think that but D. Rose isn't the first score first point guard to come around and excite the masses. It usually doesn't last. Not saying he won't still be really good, but I don't think he can keep up this MVP caliber of play.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

My dude is just
pimp.gif
eek.gif
 He deserves MVP!
I'd love to think that but D. Rose isn't the first score first point guard to come around and excite the masses. It usually doesn't last. Not saying he won't still be really good, but I don't think he can keep up this MVP caliber of play.

Back
Top Bottom