2011 NBA MVP Thread

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

It has to be D.Rose...
Given the fact that LeBron is the best player, he's still playing with 2 other All Stars and yet they still don't have the best record, Heat has already lost 4 in a row this year...

For Chicago, despite the fact that we still haven't seen this team at 100% really scares me (it's either up or down for them when Noah returns) But look at the Bulls this year.. 

As a Bulls fan I've seen D.Rose improved every year, and I think in my opinion Bulls is just 1 player away from being the best team in the East.. (
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)
yes 2 games he didn't even play...get real

Originally Posted by alexanderfasto

It has to be D.Rose...
Given the fact that LeBron is the best player, he's still playing with 2 other All Stars and yet they still don't have the best record, Heat has already lost 4 in a row this year...

For Chicago, despite the fact that we still haven't seen this team at 100% really scares me (it's either up or down for them when Noah returns) But look at the Bulls this year.. 

As a Bulls fan I've seen D.Rose improved every year, and I think in my opinion Bulls is just 1 player away from being the best team in the East.. (
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)
yes 2 games he didn't even play...get real

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by amel223

Lebron's and Rose's numbers are pretty similar.  I'm not really worried about the PER differential because I'm not sure how much stock the media puts on PER.  Lebron's team is only 1 win higher than Chicago in the standings. 

If Chicago can jump ahead of Miami in the standings by the playoffs its a wrap. 

LOL. you dreamin
Co-sign.....no way they finish above 3rd in the East.
I'm not sure but I think their schedule gets a little tougher from here on out

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by amel223

Lebron's and Rose's numbers are pretty similar.  I'm not really worried about the PER differential because I'm not sure how much stock the media puts on PER.  Lebron's team is only 1 win higher than Chicago in the standings. 

If Chicago can jump ahead of Miami in the standings by the playoffs its a wrap. 

LOL. you dreamin
Co-sign.....no way they finish above 3rd in the East.
I'm not sure but I think their schedule gets a little tougher from here on out

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Derrick Rose.

I really hope he keeps up what he's doing, and the Bulls keep winning. I'd love to see that kid walk away with it at the end of the year.
Last night's performance, speechless.

1) Rose.
1a) LBJ.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Derrick Rose.

I really hope he keeps up what he's doing, and the Bulls keep winning. I'd love to see that kid walk away with it at the end of the year.
Last night's performance, speechless.

1) Rose.
1a) LBJ.

- Bron's 51 point performance on the road > D. Rose's 42 @ home
- Bron has 2 player of the month awards compared to Rose's 0

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by RavageBX

For Rose to win it he's got to maintain this torrid pace he's been on for the rest of the season. He can't coast. Bron can coast win it. Bron is just being Bron, only difference is now he's on the Heat. This is the same MVP caliber of play that got him two MVP's on the Cavs. Derrick Rose is playing out of this world but I think we all need to realize that this is not Derrick Rose being Derrick Rose. He's on a tear. If he comes back down to earth even just a bit I think it should go to Bron.

Or maybe you should start thinking that this is just the beginning of DRose? Maybe you start thinking the potential and how scary this dude is!

My dude is just
pimp.gif
 I mean c'mon, it's what? Dude's 3rd season or whatever?
eek.gif
 He deserves MVP!
I'm a Bulls fan, DRose fan, etc.  I'm happy he's even IN the conversation.  Like you said, this is probably just the beginning. 

He's just beginning to tap into his potential and with his attitude (or lack thereof), and work ethic...the sky is the limit for this kid. 

If he doesn't win MVP, I think he should be seriously considered for MIP.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by RavageBX

For Rose to win it he's got to maintain this torrid pace he's been on for the rest of the season. He can't coast. Bron can coast win it. Bron is just being Bron, only difference is now he's on the Heat. This is the same MVP caliber of play that got him two MVP's on the Cavs. Derrick Rose is playing out of this world but I think we all need to realize that this is not Derrick Rose being Derrick Rose. He's on a tear. If he comes back down to earth even just a bit I think it should go to Bron.

Or maybe you should start thinking that this is just the beginning of DRose? Maybe you start thinking the potential and how scary this dude is!

My dude is just
pimp.gif
 I mean c'mon, it's what? Dude's 3rd season or whatever?
eek.gif
 He deserves MVP!
I'm a Bulls fan, DRose fan, etc.  I'm happy he's even IN the conversation.  Like you said, this is probably just the beginning. 

He's just beginning to tap into his potential and with his attitude (or lack thereof), and work ethic...the sky is the limit for this kid. 

If he doesn't win MVP, I think he should be seriously considered for MIP.

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Bron was spoon fed his last 10 points off of freethrows
laugh.gif

IMO I chose Rose because as much as Lebron is killin it, so is Wade. If you give it to Lebron then him and Wade should be co- MVP's

IMO I chose Rose because as much as Lebron is killin it, so is Wade. If you give it to Lebron then him and Wade should be co- MVP's

Bron was spoon fed his last 10 points off of freethrows
laugh.gif

The MVP is based on value. If you took Bron off the Heat, they still would be a top 2-3 team in the East.  You take D. Rose off the Bulls and they are on the bottom.

The MVP is based on value. If you took Bron off the Heat, they still would be a top 2-3 team in the East.  You take D. Rose off the Bulls and they are on the bottom.

Originally Posted by rashi

If that were the case Lebron should have at least 6 back to back MVP's. He brought the Cavs to the playoffs since he was 20 years old. Now look what theyre doing without him. The team that set a record for most consecutive losses was pretty much the same team that won 60+ games twice in a row with Lebron. That was the best team he had there. Think about what the other teams woulda been like when he was 21
Lebrons still doin the damn thang, and is still the MVP. He has done nothing different to change that. Just on a different team.

Originally Posted by rashi

If that were the case Lebron should have at least 6 back to back MVP's. He brought the Cavs to the playoffs since he was 20 years old. Now look what theyre doing without him. The team that set a record for most consecutive losses was pretty much the same team that won 60+ games twice in a row with Lebron. That was the best team he had there. Think about what the other teams woulda been like when he was 21
Lebrons still doin the damn thang, and is still the MVP. He has done nothing different to change that. Just on a different team.

^ You are undervaluing Rose's supporting cast with Boozer (19.3 ppg, 9.9rpg), Deng (17.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg), and Noah (14 ppg, 11.7 rpg) even though he's missed a lot of the season. (Boozer missed time also but Noah was playing during that time so that helped)

Your're also neglecting to mention to the infinitely stronger bench Chicago has over Lebron's Heat.

For Miami, its basically Bron, Wade, Bosh, and pray someone else can contribute due to Miller and Haslem being hurt most of the year.

IMO it all depends on who finishes with the best record @ the end of the season.

^ You are undervaluing Rose's supporting cast with Boozer (19.3 ppg, 9.9rpg), Deng (17.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg), and Noah (14 ppg, 11.7 rpg) even though he's missed a lot of the season. (Boozer missed time also but Noah was playing during that time so that helped)

Your're also neglecting to mention to the infinitely stronger bench Chicago has over Lebron's Heat.

For Miami, its basically Bron, Wade, Bosh, and pray someone else can contribute due to Miller and Haslem being hurt most of the year.

IMO it all depends on who finishes with the best record @ the end of the season.

Im not taking anything away from Rose. Dude is becoming elite. But im just saying if this were about value, Lebron should have won every year. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Lebron is the MVP.

Back
Top Bottom