2011 NBA MVP Thread

Im not taking anything away from Rose. Dude is becoming elite. But im just saying if this were about value, Lebron should have won every year. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Lebron is the MVP.

Yuku
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

- Bron's 51 point performance on the road > D. Rose's 42 @ home
- Bron has 2 player of the month awards compared to Rose's 0

The MVP is based on value. If you took Bron off the Heat, they still would be a top 2-3 team in the East.  You take D. Rose off the Bulls and they are on the bottom.

indifferent.gif

Enough with this rationale.

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

- Bron's 51 point performance on the road > D. Rose's 42 @ home
- Bron has 2 player of the month awards compared to Rose's 0

The MVP is based on value. If you took Bron off the Heat, they still would be a top 2-3 team in the East.  You take D. Rose off the Bulls and they are on the bottom.

indifferent.gif

Enough with this rationale.

at this point, with the bulls having only one more loss than the heat, it has to be Rose. Similar team results with FAR less to work with. Isnt this why lebron won it? delivering reg. season results without working with a lot?

The bulls dont even have to have a better record IMO. If Rose can deliver his team a record similar to that of the heat without 2 top players at his side, the award should be his.

I only say should be because I know there are a lot of witnesses in the media.
tired.gif

at this point, with the bulls having only one more loss than the heat, it has to be Rose. Similar team results with FAR less to work with. Isnt this why lebron won it? delivering reg. season results without working with a lot?

The bulls dont even have to have a better record IMO. If Rose can deliver his team a record similar to that of the heat without 2 top players at his side, the award should be his.

I only say should be because I know there are a lot of witnesses in the media.
tired.gif

if wade couldnt get the mvp 2 years ago when lebron got his 1st, i dont see how rose can get it now...
wade.. 30.2points, 7.5ast, 5.0reb, 2.2stl, 1.3blks.... carried the team from 15 wins to 5th in the east, can you guys even remember who wade was playing with in 08-09?
rose.. 24.9points, 8.2ast, 4.4reb, 1.0stl, .7blks...

if wade couldnt get the mvp 2 years ago when lebron got his 1st, i dont see how rose can get it now...
wade.. 30.2points, 7.5ast, 5.0reb, 2.2stl, 1.3blks.... carried the team from 15 wins to 5th in the east, can you guys even remember who wade was playing with in 08-09?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

sick.gif
 It's his play that year that made me a fan to begin with. But you gotta factor in playoff positioning and the teams overall record. It's a fact that if your team isn't at least in the top 3 of your conference, then your not getting it. Just the way it is
ohwell.gif

sick.gif
 It's his play that year that made me a fan to begin with. But you gotta factor in playoff positioning and the teams overall record. It's a fact that if your team isn't at least in the top 3 of your conference, then your not getting it. Just the way it is
ohwell.gif

Bron had a great year but Wade was just a beast that year.He was also coming off injury and people were thinking that he wouldn't be the same dominant player as before but he proved them wrong by coming up with the best season of his career and one a scoring title.He also brought us back from an absolutely terrible season where everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong for us 
30t6p3b.gif
 all the way to pushing the Hawks to 7 games in the 1st round which was quite an accomplishment considering all that he overcame including a supposed "great" rookie that was supposed to be of some help to us but didn't do squat in his time here,I see your bum *+%, Beasley 
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
. Wade got robbed in my biased opinion 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Still can't believe that he wasn't even the runner up,he finished 3rd! and after Kobe at that
indifferent.gif
 even after all of Wades numbers surpassed Kobes that year 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Only cause of L.A.s record
mad.gif

Your team record is just as important as your numbers in MVP voting
mad.gif
,sad but true 
tired.gif

Bron had a great year but Wade was just a beast that year.He was also coming off injury and people were thinking that he wouldn't be the same dominant player as before but he proved them wrong by coming up with the best season of his career and one a scoring title.He also brought us back from an absolutely terrible season where everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong for us 
30t6p3b.gif
 all the way to pushing the Hawks to 7 games in the 1st round which was quite an accomplishment considering all that he overcame including a supposed "great" rookie that was supposed to be of some help to us but didn't do squat in his time here,I see your bum *+%, Beasley 
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
. Wade got robbed in my biased opinion 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Still can't believe that he wasn't even the runner up,he finished 3rd! and after Kobe at that
indifferent.gif
 even after all of Wades numbers surpassed Kobes that year 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
. Only cause of L.A.s record
mad.gif

Your team record is just as important as your numbers in MVP voting
mad.gif
,sad but true 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom