2011 NBA MVP Thread

@ some people actually thinking rose is a top 2-3 player in this L. for a guy who goes to the basket as much as he does, his efficiency leaves a lot to be desired. he's like westbrook with a 3pt shot (except westbrook is much better at going to the ft line).

however, he should be in the top 2-3 MVP list b/c of how valuable he is to his team.

Though I think Lebron deserves the award as much as anyone, he has won it the past 2 years and he has two bonafide all-stars suiting up every night with him. Accounting for voter fatigue, the 2011 MVP is Rose's award to lose.

Though I think Lebron deserves the award as much as anyone, he has won it the past 2 years and he has two bonafide all-stars suiting up every night with him. Accounting for voter fatigue, the 2011 MVP is Rose's award to lose.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by RavageBX

For Rose to win it he's got to maintain this torrid pace he's been on for the rest of the season. He can't coast. Bron can coast win it. Bron is just being Bron, only difference is now he's on the Heat. This is the same MVP caliber of play that got him two MVP's on the Cavs. Derrick Rose is playing out of this world but I think we all need to realize that this is not Derrick Rose being Derrick Rose. He's on a tear. If he comes back down to earth even just a bit I think it should go to Bron.
Assuming that Rose is playing "too good" and not playing "like himself." 

Easily the most insulting thing in this whole thread. 
tired.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

this ....

For Rose to win it he's got to maintain this torrid pace he's been on for the rest of the season. He can't coast. Bron can coast win it. Bron is just being Bron, only difference is now he's on the Heat. This is the same MVP caliber of play that got him two MVP's on the Cavs. Derrick Rose is playing out of this world but I think we all need to realize that this is not Derrick Rose being Derrick Rose. He's on a tear. If he comes back down to earth even just a bit I think it should go to Bron.

tired.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

this ....

tired.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
Right now Derrick Rose is playing like a top 2 or 3 player in the league. Do you honestly think he's a top 2 or 3 player?
Who's to say he isn't becoming that instead of it being a fluke ?

tired.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
Right now Derrick Rose is playing like a top 2 or 3 player in the league. Do you honestly think he's a top 2 or 3 player?
Who's to say he isn't becoming that instead of it being a fluke ?

LeBron is the best player in the L
tho the MVP imo is going to D-Rose sure Bron has the better record and somewhat better stats
but the stats are even and comparable and Bron has more help
D-Rose is the heart and soul of the bulls and no one expected him to have this kind of year
i remember earlier in the year dudes on NT were saying it be a long shot at avg 20-7
after the whole Decision and MIA fiasco, Bron playing with Wade some voters might be turned off of giving him an MVP
hes won it 2 times straight now i think the voters are looking for someone else to give the award to sorta like how
Mike shoulda really got the MVP every season he played but Chuck and Karl Malone got a couple

LeBron is the best player in the L
tho the MVP imo is going to D-Rose sure Bron has the better record and somewhat better stats
but the stats are even and comparable and Bron has more help
D-Rose is the heart and soul of the bulls and no one expected him to have this kind of year
i remember earlier in the year dudes on NT were saying it be a long shot at avg 20-7
after the whole Decision and MIA fiasco, Bron playing with Wade some voters might be turned off of giving him an MVP
hes won it 2 times straight now i think the voters are looking for someone else to give the award to sorta like how
Mike shoulda really got the MVP every season he played but Chuck and Karl Malone got a couple

I came to realize that Steve Nash is underrated.  I'm going to hate life when he retires.  
tired.gif

I came to realize that Steve Nash is underrated.  I'm going to hate life when he retires.  
tired.gif

For those of you who are dismissing the "if you took player A off of team B" argument.....why? Just because its a hypothetical scenario? Doesnt that hypothetical situation prove how valuable the player truly is to his team? I dont think it should be the end all, deciding argument....but I definitely think it is a valid point to make.

For those of you who are dismissing the "if you took player A off of team B" argument.....why? Just because its a hypothetical scenario? Doesnt that hypothetical situation prove how valuable the player truly is to his team? I dont think it should be the end all, deciding argument....but I definitely think it is a valid point to make.

Back
Top Bottom