2011 NEW YORK GIANTS SEASON: SUPERBOWL (Draft RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle, CB Jayron Hosley)

It looks like the New York Giants will be getting some reinforcements for Sunday's critical game in Minnesota against the Vikings. Offensive lineman David Diehl, and wide receivers Steve Smith and Hakeem Nicks all practiced Wednesday and expect to play.
"Getting guys back is huge," Giants running back Brandon Jacobs said. "The guys that we lost early in the year were some big losses. Getting them back now is very big for the team. Some of the guys that we’re getting back are guys that we really need."

A giddy Smith told reporters that practicing Wednesday was "like the best day of my life football-wise." Nicks did some running and took a handful of reps. He then told the media "My mentality is if I’m practicing, I’m playing. Go hard out there in practice and hopefully they let me play. I’m pretty sure I will."

In the other bit of relevant injury news, the Giants don't seem worried about Ahmad Bradshaw skipping practice Wednesday with an apparent wrist injury.

It looks like the New York Giants will be getting some reinforcements for Sunday's critical game in Minnesota against the Vikings. Offensive lineman David Diehl, and wide receivers Steve Smith and Hakeem Nicks all practiced Wednesday and expect to play.
"Getting guys back is huge," Giants running back Brandon Jacobs said. "The guys that we lost early in the year were some big losses. Getting them back now is very big for the team. Some of the guys that we’re getting back are guys that we really need."

A giddy Smith told reporters that practicing Wednesday was "like the best day of my life football-wise." Nicks did some running and took a handful of reps. He then told the media "My mentality is if I’m practicing, I’m playing. Go hard out there in practice and hopefully they let me play. I’m pretty sure I will."

In the other bit of relevant injury news, the Giants don't seem worried about Ahmad Bradshaw skipping practice Wednesday with an apparent wrist injury.

Got em' in Peru.
laugh.gif

Empty Rehab Area!!!!!!

by Ernie Palladino of TheGiantsBeat.com, December 9, 2010 at 12:50pm ET

Steve Smith Profile

For the first time in a long time, the stationary bikes along the side of the Giants practice field stood idle Thursday.

Everyone was either back practicing, or at least running along the sideline.

WRs Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith caught passes, OLs David Diehl and Shaun O'Hara took team drills, even kick returner Will Blackmon got his work in. The only one who didn't practice was OL Shawn Andrews, who stretched with the team and then headed off to the sidelines to run.

The Giants are indeed getting healthier. Even though they won't get all their pieces back Sunday in Minnesota -- it's a stretch to think Nicks or O'Hara will be ready -- at least they'll get Smith and Diehl. That should lend some much-needed stability to a team that hasn't beaten the Vikings in their last four outings.

Nicks should be back this Sunday.

Got em' in Peru.
laugh.gif

Empty Rehab Area!!!!!!

by Ernie Palladino of TheGiantsBeat.com, December 9, 2010 at 12:50pm ET

Steve Smith Profile

For the first time in a long time, the stationary bikes along the side of the Giants practice field stood idle Thursday.

Everyone was either back practicing, or at least running along the sideline.

WRs Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith caught passes, OLs David Diehl and Shaun O'Hara took team drills, even kick returner Will Blackmon got his work in. The only one who didn't practice was OL Shawn Andrews, who stretched with the team and then headed off to the sidelines to run.

The Giants are indeed getting healthier. Even though they won't get all their pieces back Sunday in Minnesota -- it's a stretch to think Nicks or O'Hara will be ready -- at least they'll get Smith and Diehl. That should lend some much-needed stability to a team that hasn't beaten the Vikings in their last four outings.

Nicks should be back this Sunday.

Nicks and Smith looked good while I was at practice today and O'Hara practiced with the second unti. This team is getting healthy at the right time.

For more on the nyc sports teams follow me on Twitter @BagBroadcaster!

Nicks and Smith looked good while I was at practice today and O'Hara practiced with the second unti. This team is getting healthy at the right time.

For more on the nyc sports teams follow me on Twitter @BagBroadcaster!

I really hope Nicks and Smith play Sunday, missing them has sucked, but we have been able to fight

I really hope Nicks and Smith play Sunday, missing them has sucked, but we have been able to fight

Packers down so far with Rodgers out, hopefully they can lose today.

GB remaining schedule: NE, NYG, CHI.

Packers down so far with Rodgers out, hopefully they can lose today.

GB remaining schedule: NE, NYG, CHI.

I really hate that the game was moved to Monday, I have no interest in any games today now...oh well...7:20 start...lets get the W

I really hate that the game was moved to Monday, I have no interest in any games today now...oh well...7:20 start...lets get the W

Back
Top Bottom