2011 New York Jets Season Thread ( 8-8 ) SHOTTY STEPS DOWN , PLAYERS BASH SANCHEZ ....

sick.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif

The Jets F'ing SUCK. I'm so disgusted right now. The F were they thinking with an 8 man blitz when they NEVER get pressure. Mark Sanchez is ***, bring in McElroy.

serious question for everyone on here and im not trying to discredit anyones opinion because everyones allowed to think whatever they want to think.

for everyone that wants mark sanchez gone, who do you want to bring in?   the jets don't suck enough to get andrew luck and they'll most likely have a first round pick in the 19-20 range when the seasons over.

if they were to draft a qb and start him, it's going to be more ground and pound and developing a rookie. your pretty much going back to saying, "were not going to be competing for a super bowl for the next year or so but lets hope for the best"

if they draft a rookie people are going to be just as impatient as they are with sanchez with the new guy and the minute he doesn't look like 1999 2nd season peyton manning and break out  your going to start hearing the grumbling

had matthew stafford been the pick in 2009, with his injuries alot of fans would've written him off as an injury prone bust after week 1 last season

had josh freeman been the qb and he threw more picks in 10 games this year then all of his 2nd season  people would start getting edgy

hell had peyton manning been the qb and didn't win a playoff game until his 6th season regardless of what he did or how he played people would be complaining about how he can't win when it counts.

i remember reading some of the posts about eli manning on here back in 2006 and early in the 2007 season and he was getting ripped left and right.

look at drew brees in his 3rd season, he put up worse numbers then sanchez in his 3rd season so far but broke out in his 4th and the stats speak for themselves on that one.  not every qb develops as fast as others do and that's just how it is.

you don't give up on a high first round pick quarterback so soon unless they do everything possible to screw it up by being a complete idiot or horrible teammate like ryan leaf or jamarcus russell.

if you dump sanchez, who do you bring in,  the great kyle orton or someone like that. great qb's are hard to come by in this league and it's rare when their on the market like that.

some of the sanchez criticism is completely warranted but some of you overdo it, or you downplay games he's done good in and solely attribute it to the defense and run game  but when him and the rest of the team mess up, the entire L is on him even though he doesn't play defense or any other position.

i've liked this team since 1994 and i've seen alot of crappy qb's, crappy coaching, and just a single damn not being given at times and horrible play over the years and i competely see where a dude like airmaxpenny is coming from but i disagree on some things.

bottom line to me is this, your 5-5  best case scenario you make the playoffs as a wild card, win a game due to the 3 and 4 seeds being crap and get put out in the 2nd round,  worst case scenario  you bomb the rest of the way this season and finish 8-8 or so.  take the leash of sanchez and stop limiting him and babying him. see what you really have for better or worse this season and for a few games of next.  if he completely flops then you gotta look for a future qb, but right now this team has so many other holes that there's no way you can pin everything on sanchez.

serious question for everyone on here and im not trying to discredit anyones opinion because everyones allowed to think whatever they want to think.

for everyone that wants mark sanchez gone, who do you want to bring in?   the jets don't suck enough to get andrew luck and they'll most likely have a first round pick in the 19-20 range when the seasons over.

if they were to draft a qb and start him, it's going to be more ground and pound and developing a rookie. your pretty much going back to saying, "were not going to be competing for a super bowl for the next year or so but lets hope for the best"

if they draft a rookie people are going to be just as impatient as they are with sanchez with the new guy and the minute he doesn't look like 1999 2nd season peyton manning and break out  your going to start hearing the grumbling

had matthew stafford been the pick in 2009, with his injuries alot of fans would've written him off as an injury prone bust after week 1 last season

had josh freeman been the qb and he threw more picks in 10 games this year then all of his 2nd season  people would start getting edgy

hell had peyton manning been the qb and didn't win a playoff game until his 6th season regardless of what he did or how he played people would be complaining about how he can't win when it counts.

i remember reading some of the posts about eli manning on here back in 2006 and early in the 2007 season and he was getting ripped left and right.

look at drew brees in his 3rd season, he put up worse numbers then sanchez in his 3rd season so far but broke out in his 4th and the stats speak for themselves on that one.  not every qb develops as fast as others do and that's just how it is.

you don't give up on a high first round pick quarterback so soon unless they do everything possible to screw it up by being a complete idiot or horrible teammate like ryan leaf or jamarcus russell.

if you dump sanchez, who do you bring in,  the great kyle orton or someone like that. great qb's are hard to come by in this league and it's rare when their on the market like that.

some of the sanchez criticism is completely warranted but some of you overdo it, or you downplay games he's done good in and solely attribute it to the defense and run game  but when him and the rest of the team mess up, the entire L is on him even though he doesn't play defense or any other position.

i've liked this team since 1994 and i've seen alot of crappy qb's, crappy coaching, and just a single damn not being given at times and horrible play over the years and i competely see where a dude like airmaxpenny is coming from but i disagree on some things.

bottom line to me is this, your 5-5  best case scenario you make the playoffs as a wild card, win a game due to the 3 and 4 seeds being crap and get put out in the 2nd round,  worst case scenario  you bomb the rest of the way this season and finish 8-8 or so.  take the leash of sanchez and stop limiting him and babying him. see what you really have for better or worse this season and for a few games of next.  if he completely flops then you gotta look for a future qb, but right now this team has so many other holes that there's no way you can pin everything on sanchez.

Guess Tebow isn't a virgin anymore cause he just effed the Jets right in their backsides.

Jets are the most overhyped 7-9 team in NFL history.
laugh.gif

Feels good man.
happy.gif

Guess Tebow isn't a virgin anymore cause he just effed the Jets right in their backsides.

Jets are the most overhyped 7-9 team in NFL history.
laugh.gif

Feels good man.
happy.gif

Serious question can Holmes only run slants and fades in the endzone?

I have grown to hate slants because of this offense and that long rollout with Keller running with Mark. Wth is everyone else doing it only seems like Keller is the only person that is ever open
That 3rd and 14 everybody and their momma knew what the jets was gonna do

If this doesn't get someone fired I will be convinced he is never leaving

Serious question can Holmes only run slants and fades in the endzone?

I have grown to hate slants because of this offense and that long rollout with Keller running with Mark. Wth is everyone else doing it only seems like Keller is the only person that is ever open
That 3rd and 14 everybody and their momma knew what the jets was gonna do

If this doesn't get someone fired I will be convinced he is never leaving

Good mernin' everyone. The longer I live, the more I start to realize sport writers/pundits/expects don't know squat. Sanchez is a good QB, unfortunately the he & the Jet offense are hamstrung by Schottenhiemer. If you got a great OC & solid QB coach, Sanchez would be lights out. When I see the plays Schotty calls, I'm certa floored. Why would you have Plax run that dumb comeback route enabling that DB to get the pick six? Plax should've been going deep. Schotty would be a good equipment manager, but anything other than that would be waaaay over his head as it's kind of showing.

Also, what's happened to the Jet oline? They're fading like Callahan's Raider teams...I think they need to get some better coaching in there....The running game hasn't been consistent & neither has that D. That's my two cents...

Good mernin' everyone. The longer I live, the more I start to realize sport writers/pundits/expects don't know squat. Sanchez is a good QB, unfortunately the he & the Jet offense are hamstrung by Schottenhiemer. If you got a great OC & solid QB coach, Sanchez would be lights out. When I see the plays Schotty calls, I'm certa floored. Why would you have Plax run that dumb comeback route enabling that DB to get the pick six? Plax should've been going deep. Schotty would be a good equipment manager, but anything other than that would be waaaay over his head as it's kind of showing.

Also, what's happened to the Jet oline? They're fading like Callahan's Raider teams...I think they need to get some better coaching in there....The running game hasn't been consistent & neither has that D. That's my two cents...

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan
I thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to drop the truth. No really thank you.
pimp.gif

Tough loss. This will make the team better.
Tebow is a beast damn hope he does will.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan
I thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to drop the truth. No really thank you.
pimp.gif

Tough loss. This will make the team better.
Tebow is a beast damn hope he does will.

Originally Posted by onewearz

how this dude did 4 years in college, in florida, and stay a virgin around things like this ?

gators-tim-tebow-and-new-girlfriend.jpg

teboneme.jpg

tebow-girlfriend-1.jpg

bk u got the game thread or we chillen here ?

dude cannot be a virgin with those chicks on his arm
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

how this dude did 4 years in college, in florida, and stay a virgin around things like this ?

gators-tim-tebow-and-new-girlfriend.jpg

teboneme.jpg

tebow-girlfriend-1.jpg

bk u got the game thread or we chillen here ?

dude cannot be a virgin with those chicks on his arm
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

^ He's not, he's about to get Tiger Woods saint treatment until the first claim of cheating.
laugh.gif

Good to see him dispose of the overrated Jests. Welcome back to Earth!

^ He's not, he's about to get Tiger Woods saint treatment until the first claim of cheating.
laugh.gif

Good to see him dispose of the overrated Jests. Welcome back to Earth!

Originally Posted by psk2310

Thing about Sanchez. Dude rarely scans the field. He'll literally lock in the main option all the time. He has so many weapons out there yet he fails to scan the field or let the play progress. How many times did we see this season where if Sanchez waited a split second longer, he could hooked up with either Plax or Holmes, yet he chooses the check down.
Another thing. Schotty has got to go. I've been a Schotty supporter but enoughs enough. I've seen the same %$%# over and over again. Literally. How many times do we have to see Keller do an In/Out route? the 2 pick sixes were out routes for Keller (vs. Jags and last night). Defender ate those with ease. Only thing that usually works is the quick slants. But sometimes dude calls it in zone coverage. Could be on Sanchez though. Like I said... dude targets one option plenty of times.

I think Schotty is just hindering the growth of Sanchez.

One more thing... Damien Woody said it best in his twitter last night about the RT situation where Hunter is simply a human turnstile. "They cut me, so they got it figured out. lol"...

smh. 
tired.gif

Thing about Sanchez. Dude rarely scans the field. He'll literally lock in the main option all the time. He has so many weapons out there yet he fails to scan the field or let the play progress. How many times did we see this season where if Sanchez waited a split second longer, he could hooked up with either Plax or Holmes, yet he chooses the check down.
Another thing. Schotty has got to go. I've been a Schotty supporter but enoughs enough. I've seen the same %$%# over and over again. Literally. How many times do we have to see Keller do an In/Out route? the 2 pick sixes were out routes for Keller (vs. Jags and last night). Defender ate those with ease. Only thing that usually works is the quick slants. But sometimes dude calls it in zone coverage. Could be on Sanchez though. Like I said... dude targets one option plenty of times.

One more thing... Damien Woody said it best in his twitter last night about the RT situation where Hunter is simply a human turnstile. "They cut me, so they got it figured out. lol"...

smh. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

smh. 
tired.gif

A good portion of the reason Sanchez doesn't scan the field is because the o-line has been horrible especially the studs like Managold & Brick. I'm not sure what happened to those guys but dag talk about not living up to thier contracts. You also can't have any decent offense if you're not running the ball which is again tied back to that o-line.

Schotty & the QB coach Cavanaugh are scrubs. I wouldn't even trust them to make the gatorade because I'm not sure they could get the water to gatorade mix ratio right. Definately agree that Schotty has hindered Sanchez.

I also think Tannenbaum is a bum too. Don't forget about him. It's easy to get decent free agents when you have any owner willing to spend, but his drafts haven't been that good.

We'll see...The Jets have a good core to build around though so it's not like a rebuild project that needs to be done. They just really need to get a good OC & QB coach....Maybe Norv Turner will finally get axed & come over to the Jets. He's a horrible coach but great OC.

smh. 
tired.gif

A good portion of the reason Sanchez doesn't scan the field is because the o-line has been horrible especially the studs like Managold & Brick. I'm not sure what happened to those guys but dag talk about not living up to thier contracts. You also can't have any decent offense if you're not running the ball which is again tied back to that o-line.

Schotty & the QB coach Cavanaugh are scrubs. I wouldn't even trust them to make the gatorade because I'm not sure they could get the water to gatorade mix ratio right. Definately agree that Schotty has hindered Sanchez.

I also think Tannenbaum is a bum too. Don't forget about him. It's easy to get decent free agents when you have any owner willing to spend, but his drafts haven't been that good.

We'll see...The Jets have a good core to build around though so it's not like a rebuild project that needs to be done. They just really need to get a good OC & QB coach....Maybe Norv Turner will finally get axed & come over to the Jets. He's a horrible coach but great OC.

smh. 
tired.gif

that would honestly be great if it happened.  norv turner is a great OC, look at the development Alex Smith made in his 2nd season in 2006 with the 49ers. he showed a good amount of progress and had a respectable 2nd season that gave hope and the 49ers offense made progress that year as a whole then regressed when they got a new offensive coordinator when he left and took the chargers head coaching job. norv has done a good job everywhere he's been as an OC  just keep him away from the head coaching job.

schotty is jimmy raye bad, i want him gone. i wish method man could extend his banning powers and ban schotty from being anywhere near the jets.

smh. 
tired.gif

that would honestly be great if it happened.  norv turner is a great OC, look at the development Alex Smith made in his 2nd season in 2006 with the 49ers. he showed a good amount of progress and had a respectable 2nd season that gave hope and the 49ers offense made progress that year as a whole then regressed when they got a new offensive coordinator when he left and took the chargers head coaching job. norv has done a good job everywhere he's been as an OC  just keep him away from the head coaching job.

schotty is jimmy raye bad, i want him gone. i wish method man could extend his banning powers and ban schotty from being anywhere near the jets.

I'm in the car listening to Mike Francesca's clown self call the Jets D trash and calling out Rex for being defensive about the D.

The D had given up 3 points all night before the drive. 3.  They were tired out considering they were playing their 2nd game in 4 days essentially, half way across the country and got ran over by a dude who excells in doing that.  The Broncos didn't move the ball all night, the D was fine.  That's not to say we don't need to upgrade positions of the D cause I've been saying we need a better D-Line and an elite pass rusher for 3 years.  And Eric Smith is the $+!$+$$ worst.  But still, pointing the finger at them is so assinine when they have been the crutch of this team for 3 years.  They prolly took a half-step back this year, I can't disagree with that but that was supposed to come with a step forward from Sanchez, who as I've said for three years, sucks balls.

I like Wilkerson though, hes gonna be good but he's still young and is more of a run stopper.  This team for 3 consecutive years has been awful at pressureing the QB which goes to show just really how good our pass coverage is.

This team isn't going anywhere.  We still might sneak into the playoffs, its a long shot now, but we still could but we'll get thrashed by Baltimore, NE or Pitt.  Especially having to play them on the road.

Can someone start posting off-season %*%%, (our expiring free agents, NFL-wide free agents, draft info and %*%%).  Overall, this is what I see as our 5 biggest needs for next year:

1. QB- Mark Sanchez never has been and never will be my QB.  If he is still starting next year I'm taking a leave of absence from this team.  Even that throw on 4th down last night, he needed a 5 step run up to put any muscle on the throw.  That bomb to Plax, the end zone zail to Cutler.  It's not even the misreads and INT's that bother me cause that comes with still being young. I just don't see any "good" from him.  I don't see any throws that are close to resembling "Elite" QB throws.  More than ever this is a QB league.  If you don't have a guy that is a top 10 QB, your not winning anything, simple as that.  So let's stop the charade and act like this guy will ever get there.
2. Pass Rusher (DE/OLB)- We get no pressure ever.  Brady/Tebow have essentially sat back there and chilled.  Calvin Pace is washed, Aaron Maybin is a scrub, we need to go after a free agent who can get to the QB simple as that.  Mike Devito and Sione Pouha are guys who should be backups not starting.
3. Right Tackle- Saying Damian Woody has been missed this year is an understatement.  Get Wayne Hunter the +@!@ outta here.
4. Running Back- LT is gone after this year, Joe McKnight is unconvincing and Shonne Greene is nice as a power back but isn't explosive.  He's a Ced Benson type who can eat a lot of carries but can't carry the offense.  You need two RB's in today's NFL, look at the Raiders, Texans etc. and how they benefit from that.
5. Safety- Eric Smith sucks.  Leonard as much as I like the guy hasn't been as good this year either.  Injuries have slowed him a bit.

I'm in the car listening to Mike Francesca's clown self call the Jets D trash and calling out Rex for being defensive about the D.

The D had given up 3 points all night before the drive. 3.  They were tired out considering they were playing their 2nd game in 4 days essentially, half way across the country and got ran over by a dude who excells in doing that.  The Broncos didn't move the ball all night, the D was fine.  That's not to say we don't need to upgrade positions of the D cause I've been saying we need a better D-Line and an elite pass rusher for 3 years.  And Eric Smith is the $+!$+$$ worst.  But still, pointing the finger at them is so assinine when they have been the crutch of this team for 3 years.  They prolly took a half-step back this year, I can't disagree with that but that was supposed to come with a step forward from Sanchez, who as I've said for three years, sucks balls.

I like Wilkerson though, hes gonna be good but he's still young and is more of a run stopper.  This team for 3 consecutive years has been awful at pressureing the QB which goes to show just really how good our pass coverage is.

This team isn't going anywhere.  We still might sneak into the playoffs, its a long shot now, but we still could but we'll get thrashed by Baltimore, NE or Pitt.  Especially having to play them on the road.

Can someone start posting off-season %*%%, (our expiring free agents, NFL-wide free agents, draft info and %*%%).  Overall, this is what I see as our 5 biggest needs for next year:

1. QB- Mark Sanchez never has been and never will be my QB.  If he is still starting next year I'm taking a leave of absence from this team.  Even that throw on 4th down last night, he needed a 5 step run up to put any muscle on the throw.  That bomb to Plax, the end zone zail to Cutler.  It's not even the misreads and INT's that bother me cause that comes with still being young. I just don't see any "good" from him.  I don't see any throws that are close to resembling "Elite" QB throws.  More than ever this is a QB league.  If you don't have a guy that is a top 10 QB, your not winning anything, simple as that.  So let's stop the charade and act like this guy will ever get there.
2. Pass Rusher (DE/OLB)- We get no pressure ever.  Brady/Tebow have essentially sat back there and chilled.  Calvin Pace is washed, Aaron Maybin is a scrub, we need to go after a free agent who can get to the QB simple as that.  Mike Devito and Sione Pouha are guys who should be backups not starting.
3. Right Tackle- Saying Damian Woody has been missed this year is an understatement.  Get Wayne Hunter the +@!@ outta here.
4. Running Back- LT is gone after this year, Joe McKnight is unconvincing and Shonne Greene is nice as a power back but isn't explosive.  He's a Ced Benson type who can eat a lot of carries but can't carry the offense.  You need two RB's in today's NFL, look at the Raiders, Texans etc. and how they benefit from that.
5. Safety- Eric Smith sucks.  Leonard as much as I like the guy hasn't been as good this year either.  Injuries have slowed him a bit.

Back
Top Bottom