2011 New York Jets Season Thread ( 8-8 ) SHOTTY STEPS DOWN , PLAYERS BASH SANCHEZ ....

Don't fret about Sanchez airmaxpenny1, I honestly think he could turn around quick if the Jets get a good OC that knows what he's doing. Mark my words. The rest of the Jet D doesn't look so sharp this year because you guys don't have a good pass rush. Wilkerson looks like he might be ok, but you guys will have to concentrate next years draft on offensive & defensive lineman. You guys could turn it around real quick.

Don't fret about Sanchez airmaxpenny1, I honestly think he could turn around quick if the Jets get a good OC that knows what he's doing. Mark my words. The rest of the Jet D doesn't look so sharp this year because you guys don't have a good pass rush. Wilkerson looks like he might be ok, but you guys will have to concentrate next years draft on offensive & defensive lineman. You guys could turn it around real quick.

amp1, I understand some of your points, but to say DeVito and Pouha should not be starters is asinine. They have proved more than enough that they are capable of being starters for this team. The stellar run defense has been because of them, and when DeVito was out for a few weeks this season, it showed.

amp1, I understand some of your points, but to say DeVito and Pouha should not be starters is asinine. They have proved more than enough that they are capable of being starters for this team. The stellar run defense has been because of them, and when DeVito was out for a few weeks this season, it showed.

Originally Posted by psk2310

look at my posts from last seasons jets thread, the offseason thread, and the afc title game thread as cedric ceballos 1995 lakers,   i said i had a huge feeling this would be a down year due to all the free agents, playing more games then anyone else in the league over the past 2 seasons and everything but they would rebound strong in 2012.  they've caught some tough breaks this year while last year they got alot of breaks and won games they should've lost,  that's football for you.

there's 6 games left and time to get it together.   the bengals and bills are the main competition for the 6 seed and both teams are passable.  i think the team will be ready next sunday, it just sucks having to wait so long for the next game.

and on a side note,  dear jets please wear the green jerseys the rest of the season your 4-0 in those and 1-0 in the titans jerseys  and 0-5 in the white jerseys

it sucks their 5-5  but im not going to panic or go crazy with the gloom and doom stuff

Originally Posted by psk2310

look at my posts from last seasons jets thread, the offseason thread, and the afc title game thread as cedric ceballos 1995 lakers,   i said i had a huge feeling this would be a down year due to all the free agents, playing more games then anyone else in the league over the past 2 seasons and everything but they would rebound strong in 2012.  they've caught some tough breaks this year while last year they got alot of breaks and won games they should've lost,  that's football for you.

there's 6 games left and time to get it together.   the bengals and bills are the main competition for the 6 seed and both teams are passable.  i think the team will be ready next sunday, it just sucks having to wait so long for the next game.

and on a side note,  dear jets please wear the green jerseys the rest of the season your 4-0 in those and 1-0 in the titans jerseys  and 0-5 in the white jerseys

it sucks their 5-5  but im not going to panic or go crazy with the gloom and doom stuff

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't see any throws that are close to resembling "Elite" QB throws.  More than ever this is a QB league.  If you don't have a guy that is a top 10 QB, your not winning anything, simple as that.  So let's stop the charade and act like this guy will ever get there.
I've been saying this for the longest time now and people have just been trying to soothe the pain by saying that Im over reacting and that Sanchez will turn it around. But to me it doesn't matter anymore because we've seen what he can do and what he's done still doesnt make him a top ten QB in the league. We've got a QB on the bench who's young and had max experience and success on every level prior to being drafted by us. I'm waiting to see how long it takes for them to give him a chance. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't see any throws that are close to resembling "Elite" QB throws.  More than ever this is a QB league.  If you don't have a guy that is a top 10 QB, your not winning anything, simple as that.  So let's stop the charade and act like this guy will ever get there.
I've been saying this for the longest time now and people have just been trying to soothe the pain by saying that Im over reacting and that Sanchez will turn it around. But to me it doesn't matter anymore because we've seen what he can do and what he's done still doesnt make him a top ten QB in the league. We've got a QB on the bench who's young and had max experience and success on every level prior to being drafted by us. I'm waiting to see how long it takes for them to give him a chance. 

so you think greg mcelroy is the answer? he was a 7th round pick for a reason. unless a high first round pick qb ryan leafs it they normally get a good 4 seasons to show what they can or can't do.

what's your take on a guy like drew brees who put up worse numbers then sanchez in his 3rd season only to break out.

mcelroy isn't the answer and unless a 100% healthy peyton manning is on the market next season, mark sanchez should and will be the starting qb next season.

like i said before sanchez deserves his share of the blame but the shortcomings of this season are by no means strictly just on him.

so you think greg mcelroy is the answer? he was a 7th round pick for a reason. unless a high first round pick qb ryan leafs it they normally get a good 4 seasons to show what they can or can't do.

what's your take on a guy like drew brees who put up worse numbers then sanchez in his 3rd season only to break out.

mcelroy isn't the answer and unless a 100% healthy peyton manning is on the market next season, mark sanchez should and will be the starting qb next season.

like i said before sanchez deserves his share of the blame but the shortcomings of this season are by no means strictly just on him.

sanchez CAN be a good QB, but i haven't seen anything to make me believe he can be elite or even very good. he looks good when his run game is going because he has a VERY good play fake. another asset he has that he doesn't use enough is his legs. but other than that, he doesn't really worry me.

sanchez CAN be a good QB, but i haven't seen anything to make me believe he can be elite or even very good. he looks good when his run game is going because he has a VERY good play fake. another asset he has that he doesn't use enough is his legs. but other than that, he doesn't really worry me.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom