2011 NFL Season Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I bet nobody on here except Jags fans could name any receivers from the Jags except Mike Thomas with Googling it...

Ummmm.....damn it, ur right
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I bet nobody on here except Jags fans could name any receivers from the Jags except Mike Thomas with Googling it...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I know they traded Sims-Walker, and I only know Jared Dillard cause he went to Rice University in Houston, but don't know if he's still on the team. I do remember Reggie Williams
from like 3 years ago, only cause the Jags didn't resign him and the Seahawks cut him during training camp.

You can blame me looking at Madden rosters all the time for knowing that.   

IMO, if no other moves are made in the next two weeks it will play out like this:
1. Jaguars let Garrard go, will have 8-9 million in the bank

2. After 7 games, McCown will be sub-500 and Gabbert will start

3. At the end of the season, the Jaguars will not make the playoffs

4. Del Rio will be fired and Gabbert will have a new coach and at least some solid games from this season to gain experience from

5. They'll draft and seek FA's to solidify their offensive line to facilitate Gabbert's development

Last I checked, Jaguars are 7000+ tickets away from avoiding a blackout for the Titans season opener. Rumor was they'd try to make a move for Tebow to gain fan interest (he is still considered a hero in North Jax). Obviously that would create unnecessary controversy, especially because the Jaguars moved up specifically to get Gabbert, but in a business sense they sell more tickets with Tebow.

I couldn't name any receivers from the Bills except Stevie Johnson now that they traded Lee Evans.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Lmfao!!!!! @ them groupie story's

"In L.A. this chick domed me and my partners up. We left the room and our other homeboy went in to go %*!%. We hear her moaning in the room, we’re laughing. And then all of a sudden we hear this weird noise. We thought she was choking him. We ran into the room to see what was going on, and it turns out that when he busted his nut, he threw up on her at the same time. +*#% was hilarious and disgusting." - NFL Pro Bowl tackle

laugh.gif
 reminds me of "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell"

"We meet this one chick and chop it up with her in the lobby. She says she’s down to suck us all up. Me and my homeboy stay down in the lobby at the bar and my other friend goes up to the room with the girl. We get up there about 15 minutes later, and the girl is crying. My friend is cussing her out bad calling her all types of +*@$. She sucked him up, but I have no idea why she was crying. My homeboy that was with me at the bar went up to her and was trying to get a ----job and she said she didn’t want to do it. She put her hands back in her face. His
sick.gif
 was already out so he’s standing next to her and all of a sudden bust on her shoulder. She raises up and was like 'Are you serious?' and just lost it and started laughing actually. It was pretty funny." - Pro Bowl right tackle

roll.gif

Saw this today...another interesting look to see how the NFL passing game (and rules) have evolved....

Average NFL team yearly passing statistics

1960 - 159 Cmp, 316 Att, 50.2 %, 2,048 Yds, 17.0 TD, 21.1 Int, 61.0 Rtg (12 games)
1970 - 193 Cmp, 377 Att, 51.1 %, 2,259 Yds, 16.4 TD, 19.6 Int, 62.5 Rtg (14 games)
1980 - 275 Cmp, 490 Att, 56.2 %, 3,135 Yds, 21.6 TD, 22.4 Int, 71.3 Rtg
1990 - 270 Cmp, 483 Att, 56.0 %, 3,116 Yds, 20.5 TD, 17.1 Int, 75.0 Rtg
2000 - 306 Cmp, 527 Att, 58.2 %, 3,310 Yds, 20.5 TD, 17.1 Int, 76.3 Rtg
2010 - 327 Cmp, 540 Att, 60.8 %, 3,545 Yds, 23.5 TD, 16.0 Int, 82.2 Rtg

Passing won't ever get back to the minimal attempts it was back in the 60's and 70's, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this year peak out and have the number of attempts hover around the 90's/2000's numbers. It's just this particular era of football.

It's like pitching/the homerun in baseball. Some say it's steroids that lead to lower HR totals and better pitching, but there are a lot of other factors and in sports a lot of things are cyclical.

It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Until the commish gives the defenders a chance and stops making rules to punish them, passing will be high. I'm shocked that anyone wants to play DB anymore, you can even defend a guy without a flag

Lol even if the db stands still he'll still get a flag smh red would say blocking the route lol

"Did you know the NFL divorce rate after two years after retirement is 80%?"

Damn.

I feel like a fascinating book or story needs to be written on the post-retirement lives of this generation's athletes.
High bankruptcy, high divorce, low education... this will not end well.

Cue up longer commerical breaks for us to enjoy....

ESPN, NFL Sign Eight-Year, $14.4 Billion Dollar Extension to Media Rights Deal

ESPN and the NFL have signed an eight-year extension to their media rights agreement that is worth $1.9B per year, a whopping 63% increase over the average price of the current deal. A formal announcement of the deal, which was first reported in January, will likely come today. The deal will keep “MNF

Back
Top Bottom