2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Khan pretty much had the ref against him, he should've stopped pushing when the ref took the first point. But the ref should've been fair and told Peterson to stop, and also let him get away with a low blow.

Khan should've won, his fault though.

I thought the right person got the decision. Peterson clearly landed the cleaner judge friendly punches punches and he was basically chasing Kahn around the ring for a large majority of the fight. I lost count of how many times Kahn got hit with flush looping rights.I believe if Peterson had any punching power he would of stopped Kahn. Peterson fought like a feather fisted James kirkland and kahn fought like a world class amateur. Kahn basically ran around the ring throwing arm punches trying to rack up points with piti pat flurries meanwhile Peterson was trying to break his ribs. In the interview Kahn didn't say he was the better fighter tonight he was talking about he was smoother more technically skilled person boxer. Peterson was prepared for war, while Kahn was ready to put on boxing exhibition.

I thought the right person got the decision. Peterson clearly landed the cleaner judge friendly punches punches and he was basically chasing Kahn around the ring for a large majority of the fight. I lost count of how many times Kahn got hit with flush looping rights.I believe if Peterson had any punching power he would of stopped Kahn. Peterson fought like a feather fisted James kirkland and kahn fought like a world class amateur. Kahn basically ran around the ring throwing arm punches trying to rack up points with piti pat flurries meanwhile Peterson was trying to break his ribs. In the interview Kahn didn't say he was the better fighter tonight he was talking about he was smoother more technically skilled person boxer. Peterson was prepared for war, while Kahn was ready to put on boxing exhibition.

khan was basically just trying to survive

even when he was being offensive, he'd just throw punches at peterson's guard, not really trying to land anything, just scoring points

then he'd run

i just finished watching the Viloria Segura fight..   Viloria was tagging him with left hooks and Segura's head looked like an alien 
sick.gif
sick.gif
because his right side was so swollen... Look like it was about to explode with blood if the ref didn't stop it.. 

i just finished watching the Viloria Segura fight..   Viloria was tagging him with left hooks and Segura's head looked like an alien 
sick.gif
sick.gif
because his right side was so swollen... Look like it was about to explode with blood if the ref didn't stop it.. 

khan was basically just trying to survive

even when he was being offensive, he'd just throw punches at peterson's guard, not really trying to land anything, just scoring points

then he'd run

Not to take anything away from Peterson, but Khan was jobbed.

In other news. Roy Jones won tonight via unanimous decision.

Not to take anything away from Peterson, but Khan was jobbed.

In other news. Roy Jones won tonight via unanimous decision.

Coming from a Washington, DC native, after watching this fight......no one is ever gonna think of DC as a Boxing Venue.
30t6p3b.gif

Whole fight the ref was telling Khan to stop pushing. Taking two points might have been OD, but coupled with Kahn repeatedly putting dude in a head lock and pushing dude's head down, I ain't eem mad. Kahn would throw flurries of punches that looked better than they were and kept pointing to his chin and putting his hand up to show he wasn't hurt. That just reiterated he was getting punched
laugh.gif

Whole fight the ref was telling Khan to stop pushing. Taking two points might have been OD, but coupled with Kahn repeatedly putting dude in a head lock and pushing dude's head down, I ain't eem mad. Kahn would throw flurries of punches that looked better than they were and kept pointing to his chin and putting his hand up to show he wasn't hurt. That just reiterated he was getting punched
laugh.gif

Agree franchise.

Khan got outworked.

He should be ashamed for throwing those Pitty pat olympic style flurries.

If Peterson had any power, this fight ends in round 4.

Khan got Beat DOWN.
Impressive body work.
Real impressive. Loved how Lamont put his head in Khans chest and crowded him and went to work.
What an incredible adjustment! Now that's how u go to plan B in a fight.

Booooo to weak +%* Tim Bradley for clowning on Khan via twitter. How on earth can he clown a fighter he +$#$+!* ducked? +$#@ outta here.

I'm not so sure Khan would beat Morales.

Agree franchise.

Khan got outworked.

He should be ashamed for throwing those Pitty pat olympic style flurries.

If Peterson had any power, this fight ends in round 4.

Khan got Beat DOWN.
Impressive body work.
Real impressive. Loved how Lamont put his head in Khans chest and crowded him and went to work.
What an incredible adjustment! Now that's how u go to plan B in a fight.

Booooo to weak +%* Tim Bradley for clowning on Khan via twitter. How on earth can he clown a fighter he +$#$+!* ducked? +$#@ outta here.

Thinking back at it, I agree. Khan would throw 3-4 quick punches, try to land a couple, then run around the ring.

I loved the body work by Lamont,
sick.gif

Might be career suicide if he did that...
nerd.gif
Especially watching Morales recently, he's been so damn unpredictable.

RJJ won? Nice.
pimp.gif

Thinking back at it, I agree. Khan would throw 3-4 quick punches, try to land a couple, then run around the ring.

sick.gif

nerd.gif

RJJ won? Nice.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

sick.gif

nerd.gif

RJJ won? Nice.
pimp.gif

That's not nice at all JA.  Dude has been shot for YEARS and he just beat some scrub so he'll probably think it was a victory that meant something when he should just retire before someone kills him in the ring.

Back
Top Bottom