2011 Smell Good Thread. Vol:Smellin' good for the ladies.

^ Aventus is infamous for being hard to detect for someone who is wearing it, though it is projecting like a beast and leaves a crazy sillage wake.

But it's real strong at first it seems like he can't smell it from the get go

Creed is putting out an Aqua line in Spring...my wallet is ready

If he's anything like me, I wouldn't say its strong at first, but I can smell it.Soon after It's extremely difficult to smell unless I put my skin up to my nose. But If I walk past someone they almost always comment on it when I can't even smell myself.

speaking of creed aventus it's either that or spicebomb for me trying to grab something new, and it's between them 2 i was leaning towards sb more cause of the price but if aventus is really worth it ill probably go with that i've only smelled sb tho and aventus i've only read reviews on it.. so has anybody smelled both and care to give there opinion?

Naw the Aventus was straight from the bottle.. I'm in Vienna right now man, this shop had $3 1ml samples of everything, Creed was the only brand I've ever heard of. I think I will go back and grab some more for pops and such.

speaking of creed aventus it's either that or spicebomb for me trying to grab something new, and it's between them 2 i was leaning towards sb more cause of the price but if aventus is really worth it ill probably go with that i've only smelled sb tho and aventus i've only read reviews on it.. so has anybody smelled both and care to give there opinion?

Forgot that synthetic overpriced Spicebomb

Get the Aventus my man

$3 for 1ml of Creed isn't bad at all I'd but like $50 worth

I definitely need some new cologne when I get back from Afghanistan. I'm don't know too much about cologne, I had some Lacoste cologne for a while and some other stuff I don't recall the name. What's website do you fellas grab your stuff at, and which ones do you recommend (decent prices).

^ Fragrancenet.com is the best, cheapest, most legit of the discounted sites and make sure you google coupon codes they usually have 15-20% standard

What price and smell do you like?

Forgot that synthetic overpriced Spicebomb

Get the Aventus my man

$3 for 1ml of Creed isn't bad at all I'd but like $50 worth

definitely go for the Aventus. I do like spice bomb, but the Aventus is an incredible scent. I always get compliments with it.

Just got Tom Ford Black Orchid.

StillIn729 or OP.....

I've been wanting to try the Creed fragrances for a while now. Been heard Green Irish Tweed is great. And Silver Mountain Water. Now Aventus.

Where is the best place to sample it?

Any legit sellers that you would recommend for a decant?

Which are your personal favorites.

I'm easily allergic to a lot of fragrances. So far, the only ones that don't bother me are The One and Armani Code. Do you guys think I should give Creed a shot since they're more natural?

Grabbed some Spicebomb last week for myself while getting my girl some Flowerbomb perfume. I will probably grab some Gucci Guilty over the weekend for myself with a gift card I got for Christmas.

For those that were looking for Spicebomb a couple pages back, Sephora sells it and they also sell it in the 1.7oz or 3.04oz ($75/$95) bottle as well. SEPHORA - Spicebomb

While I was there, I tried the Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme and I really liked that smell as well. I may add that my collection later on... my fiance gets me Vday gifts, so maybe save it for that.

Do you think the Gucci could be a good everyday scent? I really like the Spicebomb, but don't think it is one I would use for my daily to work.

StillIn729 or OP.....
I've been wanting to try the Creed fragrances for a while now. Been heard Green Irish Tweed is great. And Silver Mountain Water. Now Aventus.
Where is the best place to sample it?
Any legit sellers that you would recommend for a decant?
Which are your personal favorites.

The best place I find is Saks or Neiman Marcus, do you have on around you?

GIT is good, it's more of a 90's scent, it's a mature version of Cool Water

Silver Mountain Water is simple but good for all times

And Aventus just may be one of the best colognes made in the past 10 yrs

^ Fragrancenet.com is the best, cheapest, most legit of the discounted sites and make sure you google coupon codes they usually have 15-20% standard
What price and smell do you like?
Thanks.

As far as prices, I'm trying to get started on a small collection. I'm down to pay up to $300 on a couple of bottles, some of the "top of the line" stuff. I really don't have a particular taste in smells. Just nothing "old man" smelling or too light/sweet. I go out quite a bit on the weekends so whatever fits that scenery.

Thanks.

As far as prices, I'm trying to get started on a small collection. I'm down to pay up to $300 on a couple of bottles, some of the "top of the line" stuff. I really don't have a particular taste in smells. Just nothing "old man" smelling or too light/sweet. I go out quite a bit on the weekends so whatever fits that scenery.

$300 can get you 2-3 high end bottles

I'd go with 1.7 or 1 oz Creeds to sample

My suggestions to you

Creed Aventus
Creed Santal
Hermes Terre D'Hermes

The best place I find is Saks or Neiman Marcus, do you have on around you?
GIT is good, it's more of a 90's scent, it's a mature version of Cool Water
Silver Mountain Water is simple but good for all times
And Aventus just may be one of the best colognes made in the past 10 yrs

Thank you sir. I'm in NY so Saks is good money.

Thanks.

$300 can get you 2-3 high end bottles

I'd go with 1.7 or 1 oz Creeds to sample

My suggestions to you

Creed Aventus
Creed Santal
Hermes Terre D'Hermes

those.

and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. pure sex. the smallest will run you $205
And Creed Virgin Island Water.

My two go to scents were Mugler "Angel for Men" and Gucci "Envy", but just picked up YSL L'homme Libre after smelling the women's version.

Before I unwrap this box, since all sales are final, i was wondering if there's been any discourse in here about it and what everyones thoughts have been.

My two go to scents were Mugler "Angel for Men" and Gucci "Envy", but just picked up YSL L'homme Libre after smelling the women's version.

Before I unwrap this box, since all sales are final, i was wondering if there's been any discourse in here about it and what everyones thoughts have been.

To me all the YSL's are very synethic and headache inducing but many people like them but I can't get down with scents like that

Anybody buying cologne for more than $40 or $50 for 3.4's is getting straight ripped. 

Creed, Tom Ford, Bond, etc. are better than some of the cheaper ones but they're not that much better. 

Don't buy from Macy's or any other department store.  Legit bottle are regularly available from online discounters.

There are a lot of sleepers out there at reasonable prices but you have to do the homework. 

Last edited:
Anybody buying cologne for more than $40 or $50 for 3.4's is getting straight ripped. 

Creed, Tom Ford, Bond, etc. are better than some of the cheaper ones but they're not that much better. 

Don't buy from Macy's or any other department store.  Legit bottle are regularly available from online discounters.

High end is well worth it, c'mon my man don't talk non sense

This is like saying VW is as good as an Audi

High end is well worth it, c'mon my man don't talk non sense
This is like saying VW is as good as an Audi
The real high ends aren't worth it on a dollar for dollar basis.

If an Audi cost 4x what a VW did then the VW is a better value. 

Back
Top Bottom