2012 Honda Civic SI

2012 Civic is ugly as hell, SI or not. I know i'm of no help and that's my opinion. You'll probably get a fairly stiff ride in an Si if your looking for a family car. Save your money and get a regular four door Civic. Nothing sporty about an Si.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

or A4 is the way to go...
OP said he already has a 335i so I think an A4 is pointless.
Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

I ended up with a 335i instead...not tryin to have two euro whips either...
missed that... and im not sure about a remodel for the Speed3?...

Isn't the MazdaSpeed3 up for a remodel very soon?

Originally Posted by GG23

Originally Posted by Navarretr

Acura TL
pimp.gif

Type S if you got money to blow

Picked one up a couple of weeks ago
pimp.gif

do they make the type S for 2012 acura TL models? i was looking on their site all i see is SH-awd  SH technology packages

and also i've heard of people getting 30 mpg city with their 2012 civic Si if you shift right and don't drive it like its stolen.

Originally Posted by filipin0y

from past experience of the newer GTI's is that they dont hold up well.. had a homie that had tons of problems with his GTI and dealerships always screwed him over in the end. as for the WRX its pretty nice but then again its a turbo so maintenence will be a little more if you dont take care of it and gas mileage isnt all that great. my homie has the newer 2012 civic and the interior is nice! the inside of the car is roomy and comfortable and feels like a real family car. im pretty sure the Si would be better with more torque and power. the fits are decent but id choose the civic over the fit. !%$% IS SLOW. but if you want to save gas i guess....

go with the civic Si

this is coming from a WRX driver

VWs are hit and miss, either your gonna get one thats gonna run 200,000+ miles with no probs or your gonna have one with gremlins
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what ever you decide with the VW make sure you get factory warranty or go certified pre owned, dont go private sale unless you know the dude or get it checked out before hand.

Thanks filipin0y. And this is why I posed the question on here, cause I was hoping to get answers from people that have actually had some kinda experience with these cars...and I'm not really lookin for something with a big kick, I just want something that'll be great gas wise, somewhat convenient for a small family, and something that will just be fun to drive...

and I'm still leaning towards the SI more than any of the other, but I'm trying to keep an open mind..but any other little facts about these cars would be great to know...JumpmanJunkie, how's your GTI holding up? MPG? Maintenance okay?

Thanks again for all the help everyone!

I am in love with my GTI lol has had no problems but i got it new last august so maintenance up until now has been pretty much none. Being that im lowered on coilovers my oil pan/undercarriage has seen better days but that comes with the territory of lowered cars. I have numerous friends with the same car that have owned them for a few years and the maintenance has been a breeze. From my experience, Volkswagen has outstanding customer service and will do whatever it takes to keep you as a loyal customer (now i see why some households only have VWs in the driveway)

Being that its a turboed 4 cylinder, the gas mileage is pretty awesome. I have some performance mods done but when i was stock...if i dont drive like
devil.gif
, i can easily get 30-35mpg (although this is hard because im in love with a girl named torque). Being that the SI is a Honda, i can guess that it would be the most reliable bet but i cant see you having as much fun in it as opposed to the GTI (this may be a little biased, but ive driven the last gen SI and i stand by that statement)

I say go test drive some of these cars and see what theyre about...transmission is another factor. I have a 6speed manual that i love, but for some people manual trans is just too much effort, or theyre just not a fan. The GTI also comes in a dual clutch DSG (direct shift gearbox) with paddle shifters that can actually shift faster than humanly possible...idk if the SI offers anything besides a regular (probably tiptronic) auto.

If you have any questions or anything, just hit me up! Good luck on the search!

Check out the MazdaSpeed3's OP.!
263HP stock. Turbocharged
great handling.
Good reliability
and it costs as much as the Civic SI.

I own a GTI and its awesome but honestly Mazdaspeed 3 is the only choice in this catergory. Performance blows the competition away. only flaw is the interior is ugly. civic si has been garbage for years most overated "sporty" car ever made

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

or A4 is the way to go...
OP said he already has a 335i so I think an A4 is pointless.

I ended up with a 335i instead...not tryin to have two euro whips either...

Isn't the MazdaSpeed3 up for a remodel very soon?
Nah, not for the Speed3. It still the second gen. Just coming in white with a better interior and smoother ride

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

How does it stack up against a Lancer?

Lancer isn't even the same as the SI unless it's the Ralliart version but that one is $28k iirc.

Originally Posted by Adam Keefe

I own a GTI and its awesome but honestly Mazdaspeed 3 is the only choice in this catergory. Performance blows the competition away. only flaw is the interior is ugly. civic si has been garbage for years most overated "sporty" car ever made

What about the exterior? Speed3 looks hideous in my eyes, would never be caught behind the wheel of one lol the performance ALMOST makes up for it...almost

And how could you not love the GTI interior:

2012-volkswagen-gti-interior-photo-423871-s-1280x782.jpg

2012-VW-GTI-Interior-Seats.jpg

Hate the stupid plaid seats, I know it's a GTI signature but that thing is just horrid. My brother has a 3door Golf and the car is pretty damn nice and the interior is nice.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

That thing really comes with plaid seats? I wouldn't be caught dead driving that

Sadly, yes. One of the stupidest interior designs ever but it continues to sellfed spite it for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom