2012 Lexus LFA vs. 2012 Nissan GT-R Vol. 1320

I dont think this car is targeted towards people who are looking to buy their first "super car"....its targeted towards the people who already own a Lamborghini and/or Ferrari type of car and want to see what all of the fuss is about with this "Super Lexus"....

People who drop the $380k on this Lexus ain't gonna miss the funds nor are they calculating how many other cars they could have bought instead....trust me.

I dont think this car is targeted towards people who are looking to buy their first "super car"....its targeted towards the people who already own a Lamborghini and/or Ferrari type of car and want to see what all of the fuss is about with this "Super Lexus"....

People who drop the $380k on this Lexus ain't gonna miss the funds nor are they calculating how many other cars they could have bought instead....trust me.

Some of you guys are forgetting the exclusivity of the LFA.
The GT-R is mass produced. There are 299 LFAs.
I'd rather take the LFA.

Some of you guys are forgetting the exclusivity of the LFA.
The GT-R is mass produced. There are 299 LFAs.
I'd rather take the LFA.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by scshift

I would never, ever spend $400k on a Lexus. That's Lambo money, hell I could buy 2 lambos with that cash.

and this is what people aren't understanding....
You're thinking like a broke !**, budgeting and %#$#.  What i care about two lambos if everybody on the block has one, including myself?  Them old rich fogies on the block won't even know about this new exclusive hotness till i drop it right on their toupee.

Originally Posted by scshift

I would never, ever spend $400k on a Lexus. That's Lambo money, hell I could buy 2 lambos with that cash.

and this is what people aren't understanding....
You're thinking like a broke !**, budgeting and %#$#.  What i care about two lambos if everybody on the block has one, including myself?  Them old rich fogies on the block won't even know about this new exclusive hotness till i drop it right on their toupee.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

and you think this collector of super cars is gonna take this overpriced japanese toyota serious when it can't beat something so many monies cheaper?

and you think this collector of super cars is gonna take this overpriced japanese toyota serious when it can't beat something so many monies cheaper?

I mean look at the folks who cop Bentleys.... I could cop a 7-series or an S-class and be just as comfortable in it....like others and myself have said....its all about exclusivity fam'

I mean look at the folks who cop Bentleys.... I could cop a 7-series or an S-class and be just as comfortable in it....like others and myself have said....its all about exclusivity fam'

bentleys are hand made with da finest materials on earth and are unmatched in its class...lexus's goal was a super car, in that category it FAILED MISERABLY....

didn't ya learn ya lesson with copping overpriced SB's? exclusivity fool's gold.

bentleys are hand made with da finest materials on earth and are unmatched in its class...lexus's goal was a super car, in that category it FAILED MISERABLY....

didn't ya learn ya lesson with copping overpriced SB's? exclusivity fool's gold.

Heres a good example.... The Lexus is clearly the best car for the price, But rich folks are still gonna cop the more expensive German/British cars for the exclusivity...

And I've never bought a SB shoe in my life
laugh.gif

Heres a good example.... The Lexus is clearly the best car for the price, But rich folks are still gonna cop the more expensive German/British cars for the exclusivity...

And I've never bought a SB shoe in my life
laugh.gif

Sport Auto[sup][75][/sup] in the September 2010 edition conducted an LFA supertest with a red LFA that had been used in several other tests in Europe and Horst Von Saurma conducted a hot lap the LFA around Nurburgring. The LFA clocked the Nurburgring in 7:38. The LFA was wearing temporary Bridgestone S001 street tires since the LFA spec tires are still under development. Although the LFA lap time is slower than the chief engineer's "better than 7:20" claim, Sport Auto cited LFA ran exactly the same lap time with the same driver as other major competitors like the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Corvette ZR1 with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (PS2) tires and 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2 seconds faster than the Porsche 911 (997.2) GT3, 4 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Murciélago LP-670 SV, 10 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 and 9 seconds faster than the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. All tests were conducted by the same driver, Horst von Saurma.

Battle of the Supercars[sup][78][/sup] did a head-to-head comparison of Audi R8 V10 with the Lexus LFA with Tanner Foust driving the LFA and Paul Tracy driving the R8 V10. LFA comprehensively was declared the winner by the presenter where LFA lapped the short 1-mile track 1 full second faster than the R8 V10 with a lap time of 48.9 for the LFA versus 49.9 R8 despite Tanner having difficulties launching the Lexus LFA in the 1-mile road course lap and also the standing mile drag race where LFA won despite a delayed launch (no launch control used for these runs).

?????????

Failed miserably? nah.... The only down fall is the Price... Hammond seemed to have a blast in it...

Failed miserably? nah.... The only down fall is the Price... Hammond seemed to have a blast in it...

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I'd rather have a LFA...for stunting purposes...
This man knows what he is talking about. yes the GTR is faster...but then again the GTR is as fast or faster than a 911 Turbo. It's not just about speed. Neither the LFA or the GT-R is slow. But driving around in a car that's worth $400k >>> All. Also the LFA will still get to 200MPH top speed. Not exactly slow.

It's all about exclusivity.
*%$% exclusivity. If I'm paying 400k for a car, it's not going to be a Lexus. 

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I'd rather have a LFA...for stunting purposes...
This man knows what he is talking about. yes the GTR is faster...but then again the GTR is as fast or faster than a 911 Turbo. It's not just about speed. Neither the LFA or the GT-R is slow. But driving around in a car that's worth $400k >>> All. Also the LFA will still get to 200MPH top speed. Not exactly slow.

It's all about exclusivity.
*%$% exclusivity. If I'm paying 400k for a car, it's not going to be a Lexus. 

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Sport Auto[sup][75][/sup] in the September 2010 edition conducted an LFA supertest with a red LFA that had been used in several other tests in Europe and Horst Von Saurma conducted a hot lap the LFA around Nurburgring. The LFA clocked the Nurburgring in 7:38. The LFA was wearing temporary Bridgestone S001 street tires since the LFA spec tires are still under development. Although the LFA lap time is slower than the chief engineer's "better than 7:20" claim, Sport Auto cited LFA ran exactly the same lap time with the same driver as other major competitors like the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Corvette ZR1 with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (PS2) tires and 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2 seconds faster than the Porsche 911 (997.2) GT3, 4 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Murciélago LP-670 SV, 10 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 and 9 seconds faster than the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. All tests were conducted by the same driver, Horst von Saurma.

Battle of the Supercars[sup][78][/sup] did a head-to-head comparison of Audi R8 V10 with the Lexus LFA with Tanner Foust driving the LFA and Paul Tracy driving the R8 V10. LFA comprehensively was declared the winner by the presenter where LFA lapped the short 1-mile track 1 full second faster than the R8 V10 with a lap time of 48.9 for the LFA versus 49.9 R8 despite Tanner having difficulties launching the Lexus LFA in the 1-mile road course lap and also the standing mile drag race where LFA won despite a delayed launch (no launch control used for these runs).

?????????
LFA ran exactly the same lap time with the same driver as other major competitors like the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Corvette ZR1 with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (PS2) tires and 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2 seconds faster than the Porsche 911 (997.2) GT3, 4 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Murciélago LP-670 SV, 10 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 and 9 seconds faster than the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.
so its da same speed as a corvette ZR1 yet its FOUR TIMES as expensive...from cost to performance aspect...thats MAJOR fail.

?????????
LFA ran exactly the same lap time with the same driver as other major competitors like the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Corvette ZR1 with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (PS2) tires and 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2 seconds faster than the Porsche 911 (997.2) GT3, 4 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Murciélago LP-670 SV, 10 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 and 9 seconds faster than the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.
so its da same speed as a corvette ZR1 yet its FOUR TIMES as expensive...from cost to performance aspect...thats MAJOR fail.

?????????

But the Murci is also about 4 times the price of a zr1....Is that a Fail on Lamborghinis part?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom