2012 Lexus LFA vs. 2012 Nissan GT-R Vol. 1320

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Kookcle

bentleys are hand made with da finest materials on earth and are unmatched in its class...lexus's goal was a super car, in that category it FAILED MISERABLY....

didn't ya learn ya lesson with copping overpriced SB's? exclusivity fool's gold.

Sport Auto[sup][75][/sup] in the September 2010 edition conducted an LFA supertest with a red LFA that had been used in several other tests in Europe and Horst Von Saurma conducted a hot lap the LFA around Nurburgring. The LFA clocked the Nurburgring in 7:38. The LFA was wearing temporary Bridgestone S001 street tires since the LFA spec tires are still under development. Although the LFA lap time is slower than the chief engineer's "better than 7:20" claim, Sport Auto cited LFA ran exactly the same lap time with the same driver as other major competitors like the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Corvette ZR1 with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (PS2) tires and 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2 seconds faster than the Porsche 911 (997.2) GT3, 4 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Murciélago LP-670 SV, 10 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 and 9 seconds faster than the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. All tests were conducted by the same driver, Horst von Saurma.

Battle of the Supercars[sup][78][/sup] did a head-to-head comparison of Audi R8 V10 with the Lexus LFA with Tanner Foust driving the LFA and Paul Tracy driving the R8 V10. LFA comprehensively was declared the winner by the presenter where LFA lapped the short 1-mile track 1 full second faster than the R8 V10 with a lap time of 48.9 for the LFA versus 49.9 R8 despite Tanner having difficulties launching the Lexus LFA in the 1-mile road course lap and also the standing mile drag race where LFA won despite a delayed launch (no launch control used for these runs).

?????????
LFA ran exactly the same lap time with the same driver as other major competitors like the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Corvette ZR1 with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (PS2) tires and 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2 seconds faster than the Porsche 911 (997.2) GT3, 4 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Murciélago LP-670 SV, 10 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 and 9 seconds faster than the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.
so its da same speed as a corvette ZR1 yet its FOUR TIMES as expensive...from cost to performance aspect...thats MAJOR fail.

But the Murci is also about 4 times the price of a zr1....Is that a Fail on Lamborghinis part?
grin.gif

Dude, you are forgetting there are only 299 produced. That's what makes the car so expensive. If I were rich and had to pick, I'd take the LFA. The GT-R, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, etc. are always gonna be there. The LFA won't. I can just take the other cars some other day.

Dude, you are forgetting there are only 299 produced. That's what makes the car so expensive. If I were rich and had to pick, I'd take the LFA. The GT-R, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, etc. are always gonna be there. The LFA won't. I can just take the other cars some other day.

bentleys are hand made with da finest materials on earth and are unmatched in its class...lexus's goal was a super car, in that category it FAILED MISERABLY....

didn't ya learn ya lesson with copping overpriced SB's? exclusivity fool's gold.

Sport Auto[sup][75][/sup] in the September 2010 edition conducted an LFA supertest with a red LFA that had been used in several other tests in Europe and Horst Von Saurma conducted a hot lap the LFA around Nurburgring. The LFA clocked the Nurburgring in 7:38. The LFA was wearing temporary Bridgestone S001 street tires since the LFA spec tires are still under development. Although the LFA lap time is slower than the chief engineer's "better than 7:20" claim, Sport Auto cited LFA ran exactly the same lap time with the same driver as other major competitors like the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Corvette ZR1 with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (PS2) tires and 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2 seconds faster than the Porsche 911 (997.2) GT3, 4 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Murciélago LP-670 SV, 10 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 and 9 seconds faster than the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. All tests were conducted by the same driver, Horst von Saurma.

Battle of the Supercars[sup][78][/sup] did a head-to-head comparison of Audi R8 V10 with the Lexus LFA with Tanner Foust driving the LFA and Paul Tracy driving the R8 V10. LFA comprehensively was declared the winner by the presenter where LFA lapped the short 1-mile track 1 full second faster than the R8 V10 with a lap time of 48.9 for the LFA versus 49.9 R8 despite Tanner having difficulties launching the Lexus LFA in the 1-mile road course lap and also the standing mile drag race where LFA won despite a delayed launch (no launch control used for these runs).

?????????
LFA ran exactly the same lap time with the same driver as other major competitors like the Ferrari 458 Italia, the Corvette ZR1 with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (PS2) tires and 2 seconds faster than the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2 seconds faster than the Porsche 911 (997.2) GT3, 4 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Murciélago LP-670 SV, 10 seconds faster than the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 and 9 seconds faster than the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.
so its da same speed as a corvette ZR1 yet its FOUR TIMES as expensive...from cost to performance aspect...thats MAJOR fail.

well plastic is cheaper than Carbon Fiber.

?????????

well plastic is cheaper than Carbon Fiber.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

yeah.....i understand that and i understand that lexus is losing money selling em, but like others have said, da lexus name doesn't warrant it being 400k..who knows, maybe it will

appreciate in value in da aftermarket...

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

yeah.....i understand that and i understand that lexus is losing money selling em, but like others have said, da lexus name doesn't warrant it being 400k..who knows, maybe it will

appreciate in value in da aftermarket...

For a company's 1st take at a super car? It's not bad at all, considering the competition has been at it for years

I would take the lex :/

For a company's 1st take at a super car? It's not bad at all, considering the competition has been at it for years

I would take the lex :/

LFA is wack. I don't care how fast it is. Car is straight geek status and I hate everything about it

LFA is wack. I don't care how fast it is. Car is straight geek status and I hate everything about it

Bottom line, I don't care. If I were in the market for either of these cars, I'd still take the LFA with no hesitation. Yes it's insanely overpriced, but the amount of craftsmanship that went into it is stunning. And that exhaust note is to die for.

If a few tenths in a drag race are all that matter, I guess this twin-turbo Escalade is better.

Bottom line, I don't care. If I were in the market for either of these cars, I'd still take the LFA with no hesitation. Yes it's insanely overpriced, but the amount of craftsmanship that went into it is stunning. And that exhaust note is to die for.

If a few tenths in a drag race are all that matter, I guess this twin-turbo Escalade is better.

It's not always about speed. People who can afford an LFA will get one not caring if a car thats a tenth of its price will smoke it in a race. Im pretty sure thats the last thing on their minds when buying one.
With that said, ill take the GT-R. 
laugh.gif

It's not always about speed. People who can afford an LFA will get one not caring if a car thats a tenth of its price will smoke it in a race. Im pretty sure thats the last thing on their minds when buying one.
With that said, ill take the GT-R. 
laugh.gif

LFA. I ain't racing on the street or the freeway. If anything Im going to drive slower so they can get a nice look

LFA. I ain't racing on the street or the freeway. If anything Im going to drive slower so they can get a nice look

Back
Top Bottom