*2012 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Playoffs. Packers drilled by San Francisco/Kaepernick.

Lions are a half game out the playoffs :pimp:

Only division in the NFL with NO losing records

Last edited:
LOL @ the Vikings. Well you guys were in the mix for at least half the season.

:x at your upcoming schedule.

Last edited:
Christian Ponder has regressed so bad it's ridiculous :smh:

Realistically speaking we're done man...playing for next year now...i just don't see us winning more 7 games at this point. Such a shame because even average quarterback play could've swung some of these losses man.

Realistically speaking we're done man...playing for next year now...i just don't see us winning more 7 games at this point. Such a shame because even average quarterback play could've swung some of these losses man.
THIS

I was looking at him today in complete disbelief. Seemed like he couldn't read simple coverages and he chooses who he's going to throw it to before he even snaps the ball. What happened with Rudolph and Simpson? At least give them some targets before you write them off.

Another thing is as well as AP is playing, I think he still needs some more touches. I'm not a big fan of Percy running the ball out the backfield

THIS

I was looking at him today in complete disbelief. Seemed like he couldn't read simple coverages and he chooses who he's going to throw it to before he even snaps the ball. What happened with Rudolph and Simpson? At least give them some targets before you write them off.

Another thing is as well as AP is playing, I think he still needs some more touches. I'm not a big fan of Percy running the ball out the backfield

Blaine Gabbert his rookie year wasn't as bad as Ponder has been the last 3 games.

He should be ashamed of himself for wasting the seasons Percy and AP are having.

Its obvious you can't throw the deep ball well so why don't you use Kyle more?

Last edited:

Damn shame, considering AD and Percy have been ballin' out.....(I still am :wow: :wow: :wow: over Adrian's God like recovery.) + your defense's good play for the most part.

Ponder just looks lost out there sometimes. Flat out lost.

I wont judge Ponder until he get better WR. The offense as a whole is terrible outisde of AD and Percy. Oline breaking down in protection, WR not getting open and Ponder dont have confidence. i will happy if we win 7 games.Take the best player availvable in the draft unless its a RB. I feel like we need some better Linebackers. Erin henderson and Jasper Brinkley are slow to me.

Lions are a half game out the playoffs.
This is cute.
matthew-stafford-500x282.jpg

Was at the Seattle/Vikings game on Sunday and Ponder is worse in person. Junkie, you nailed it. He has no confidence, but beyond that, he just isn't seeing the field, rushing his mechanics, and all sorts of bad stuff. He's just a mess. Many times he had receivers wide open, or even just NFL open, but the throws were just atrocious. It was tough to watch. Other than that...

- AP is the man.
- Percy is a tough SOB.
- Was impressed with some of the licks that Minny's D put on Lynch. First times this year I saw Lynch drop from a hit, and only one hit at that.
- Winfield is my favorite Viking. Already knew this, but after some missed tackles by others on the defense, it was up to Antoine to make some tackles, and he did. Just a solid, hard-nosed ball player.
- Blair Walsh :pimp:

NFC North:

Chicago: Defense is awesome. I'm wondering how they use this phenomenal start to make a run for the SB. We all know it's how hot you are at the right time and when we get into late December/January, I'm curious to see if they play a team that will do an extremely good job at ball security, if Chicago can muster enough with Culter and co. to still be as dominate. Never a team you should overlook though. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chicago go all the way or even fall off. We'll see.

GB: If Chicago doesn't take a slide, you're probably looking at the first Wild Card spot. If these guys are clicking on all cylinders later this year, it'll be hard to see them being beat. Chicago and SF probably the only teams that could knock them off...Maybe NYG.

Detroit: Still not confident they're back, but the last few weeks they've been playing well. Hopefully they lose to Minnesota, but Lions can still be dangerous.

Minnesota: Told everyone I knew that they had to to beat TB if they wanted a good shot to make the playoffs. Seattle on the horizon I had penciled in as a loss. Lost both. Eh...Still "in the hunt" record wise, but they just aren't playing well enough to be taken serious right now. Ponder needs to pick it up with this gauntlet they're about to go through. 9-7 still possible, but 7-9 or 8-8 most likely.

All Pack gotta do is beat the Lions in 2 weeks and get to 7-3 and they'll be at LEAST 1 game closer to the bears... Aint no way in hell Chicago is beating the Texans and 49ers in consecutive weeks.

Was at the Seattle/Vikings game on Sunday and Ponder is worse in person. Junkie, you nailed it. He has no confidence, but beyond that, he just isn't seeing the field, rushing his mechanics, and all sorts of bad stuff. He's just a mess. Many times he had receivers wide open, or even just NFL open, but the throws were just atrocious. It was tough to watch. Other than that...

Exactly.

There was a play where he had Rudolph open on a crossing pattern, and he just threw it behind....and it's not just this game, this has been happening since Week 4.

On the play where Harvin drew a pass interference...Harvin had his man beat...that would be a TD for most QBs. SMH

I could go on an on...it's just so frustrating to watch. :x :smh:

A play, a game or 2, fine, i'll excuse that...but when you constantly make the same mistakes game after game, and get progressively worse as the season goes on, there's a big problem.

Special teams coverage at least has been better. But I am damn tired of Logan returning punts and kicks, dude is to old and has lost his speed, plus on punts he just dances side to side. They need to put Mike Thomas back there and maybe we can get something going, haven't had a return for a TD in years :smh: I think the way Detroit is built though and our run game coming around we could make a run for a wild card spot. Not the easiest schedule but it is still possible.

Special teams coverage at least has been better. But I am damn tired of Logan returning punts and kicks, dude is to old and has lost his speed, plus on punts he just dances side to side. They need to put Mike Thomas back there and maybe we can get something going, haven't had a return for a TD in years :smh: I think the way Detroit is built though and our run game coming around we could make a run for a wild card spot. Not the easiest schedule but it is still possible.

Nothing will shock me at this point.

If the Lions didn't win another game I wouldn't be suprised and if they got hot and made a run in the playoffs I wouldn't be shocked. It all depends, every game we've lost has been by a touchdown or less and that was true for every game we won until Sunday.

Lions need to get revenge on Minny this week

Also, why hasn't there been any talk about the "anonymous GM" that's been bashing the Lions the past few weeks? It's obviously someone in the division, if any of it is even real

Lions need to get revenge on Minny this week
Also, why hasn't there been any talk about the "anonymous GM" that's been bashing the Lions the past few weeks? It's obviously someone in the division, if any of it is even real

I think it is a bunch of BS. Raiola called him out and he responds but doesn't show himself. I think it is all made up, either that or that GM is salty as hell about something.

Lions playing their best football... Vikings not playing good football and without Percy? Lions win by a TD.

Objectively I'll say that the Lions probably win by 6 or so.

Minnesota has a chance, but AP has to run rupshot and Ponder needs to complete some passes. Preferably on 3rd down. Calvin should have a big game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom