2012 NY Jets Off-Season Thread ( 6-10) Goodbye Tebow ....

that O Line today :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
i just hope today shuts up all the mcelroy nonsense.  the jets offense is going to bad no matter who of the 3 is under center.  Tebow can't throw, Sanchez makes stupid decisions, and McElroy has no talent.  And they have no one to throw to anyway. Kerley is their best receiver and hes a #2 or slot guy at best.

Shonn Greene is not a feature back.  He's a spell guy.  The O Line has been horrible.  Sparano is an O Line coach, not an OC.  he should NOT be calling plays.

A switch at qb is not the answer, the whole thing is a mess.  We need a better RB, consistent oline play, and revis so the defense can blitz without worrying about helping out the secondary.

i just hope today shuts up all the mcelroy nonsense.  the jets offense is going to bad no matter who of the 3 is under center.  Tebow can't throw, Sanchez makes stupid decisions, and McElroy has no talent.  And they have no one to throw to anyway. Kerley is their best receiver and hes a #2 or slot guy at best.

Shonn Greene is not a feature back.  He's a spell guy.  The O Line has been horrible.  Sparano is an O Line coach, not an OC.  he should NOT be calling plays.

A switch at qb is not the answer, the whole thing is a mess.  We need a better RB, consistent oline play, and revis so the defense can blitz without worrying about helping out the secondary.

You forgot one thing...

Cut Kyle Wilson. He's our Cory Webster :lol:

tim-tebow-overthrown-gif.gif

I cannot stand this dude.
Doesn't get the start, so he decides, he won't play any snaps.

Last edited:
Cut Kyle Wilson. He's our Cory Webster :lol:

:wow: dead up. that made me feel bad. :x

It's so true. QB's purposely look to his side all the time during games. He's in his 3rd or 4th year now and he's such a bust. Dude is on Kerry Rhodes' level now. He's making the same mistakes he made in his 1st and 2nd year still. He's always getting beat on one on ones and is a horrible defender. A part of me want to put him as a safety, but he doesn't have the discipline to know how to tackle in that position.

Losing Revis really hurt us.

And to think, we wasted a 1st round pick on him :smh:

What a ******g bust >:

Last edited:
well get ready for the offseason and bigger disappointment.

there's a VERY good chance the jets trade revis.  they don't want to pay him the money he was promised the last two off seasons.  especially now that they think that cromartie is a "suitable replacement".  ****'s gonna make me sick.

we're gonna go into this draft, trade revis for a 3rd rounder, draft two bust D ends (because tannenbaum if he's still here, and rex can't evaluate talent for ****) not get a QB til the 5th round, and waste money on an old receiver in free agency. watch them barely address the o line too.
mean.gif

well this season was a wash.

Haven't put my thoughts into the season but here's my attempt to lay everything on the table.

1. Sanchez situation. I've always been pro Sanchez. There were games where he looked dazed and confused. Panicking in the pocket making bad decisions. And there was the Sanchez where he was the "Sanchize". Making good reads, throwing on the run. Just plain being more decisive.

Now this season in particular, we were watching a QB with no confidence at all. No trust in his offensive players and most importantly, himself. The mentality of the team when bringing in Tebow was to boost his play. Have someone behind his tail to motivate him and to compete harder. An example was when Rex took reps away from Sanchez during practise and gave it to Brunell a few years back. He produced the next couple of games. That was the Sanchez we needed. The confident, assertive Sanchez we've seen the playoff games.

A big portion of that confidence is the lack of help from the front office to help Sanchez grow as a QB. A proper running game. Play making personnel in the offense. I mean, there were many points during the season where his wideouts were Clyde Gates and Marty Gilyard. WHO? There are only a handful, literally a handful of QB's in the NFL, who can make it work with those players. I understand Sanchez will never be Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. Everyone does. But at the same time, he needs that support.

Moving on to 2013. Rex can't put Sanchez on the helm. He would lose his team, and the fans - some say he already did. But it really is time to move on.

I just wanted to point out that Sanchez didn't have the proper support to help him improve. However, that doesn't take away the many mistakes he did these past two seasons. From stupid INT's to fumbling the ball every other possession. There were never improvements in those crucial aspects of his game.

Analysts always compared Sanchez's career to Eli's. Now it's looking more like Joey Harrington's. However, who knows? Maybe his career can look like Alex Smith's with a proper co-ordinator. Being benched and then brought in. Simple game plans that are efficient, backed with a proper run game. This is the only hopeful part of me, but it looks like my #6 jersey will retire.

2. The ground and pound mentality. In the beginning of the season I thought Sporano was the right choice. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams had great seasons under Sporano's wing. Plus a guy like Matt Moore had some success. However, the offense can't adjust to certain blitzes (or pretty much ALL). The running game is a dud. I don't think he's the right choice. The ground and pound mentality to me is the right mentality. With the proper running game, that opens up the passing game with play action passes. It keeps the defense honest. That mindset is gone.

3. A new cast. Huge offseason for the Jets. Some say we only need a few key players. Some say we need an overhaul.

Personally I don't think that's necessary. We have some great pieces. Our secondary is still fairly strong especially if Revis comes back to being dominant. Our defensive front is young with loads of potential. Our LB's however needs an overhaul. Old and slow. In order to get to the QB, we rely on exotic blitz packages but many times, that leaves us vulnerable. It's imperative to get a young pass-rusher (or a couple) to get the QB's and keep them on their toes. A consistent pass rusher would take some pressure of the secondary and also the defensive front. Since Rex has taken over, we haven't had an established pass rusher who can dominate the edge. It's time the Jets get one. The last pass rushing threat was John Abraham... and that was ages ago.

On offense, that's a different story. A New QB, a legit starting RB, depth on the O-Line and play makers at the wideout. Do I really need to explain?

sanchez starting again , for the first time this season i actually feel bad for tebow ...

oh well ...

The last person theyll trade on this team is revis. He is the games best corner and deserves to get paid accordingly and will get paid by them accordingly.

man i keep hearing they might trade revis, he's our biggest chip, they might trade him for draft picks ...

i'd be sick if they do, hopefully we get it together this offseason and get back to winning. i can't take these giant fans i gotta deal with :smh:

But.......but we're bad at drafting. :nerd:

We were gonna draft Josh Freeman, LeSean McCoy and Mike Wallace.
But then we traded up to get Sanchize and got Greene in the 3rd.
That's what we do in the draft.
We take Vlad Ducasse and Mark Sanchez.

If they trade Revis, I'm done.

Last edited:
sanchez looks terrible :smh:

so stupid how the use tebow, just threw him an end of the season bone :smh:

Back
Top Bottom