2012 NY Jets Off-Season Thread ( 6-10) Goodbye Tebow ....

Oline has been off all year long and so has the play calling. Soprano is just as bad as Shotenhieimer.
Woody Johnson needs to take a long hard look at this team and figure out what's really the issue.
1. We need to get rid of Mike Tannenbaum
2. Sporano isn't the right guy for us
3. Our O-Line is horrible and nothing like what it was a few years ago. We need to draft well in that department.
4. We need younger linebackers and a pass rush
5. If we're so committed to running the ball, let's get a decent RB. Shaune Greene isn't going to be our answer going forward.
6. If we can't get a RB, it's time to let go of Sanchez
7. We need to let go of Holmes as well. Dude is a cancer and has a history of splitting up locker rooms.
THIS IS EVERYTHING I WAS GETTING READY TO TYPE!!!!!!! REEEEPPPED!!!!!!

No chance in hell am I watching the two remaining games. By next season, if Mark Sanchez is the opening day starter, I may boycott the season until he is no longer our starting QB.

I am so sick at how this 4th quarter played out. With 2min and change left (or whatever the time left was), WHY THROW ON 1ST AND 10?! RUN THE BALL. THERE WAS PLENTY OF TIME LEFT, GAIN YARDS ON THE GROUND AND THEN TRY AND SHOW IT INTO THE ENDZONE. That's clearly on Mark and Sparano/Rex for calling that play.

Next was a gift of a botched punt. And what does Sanchez do? He fails to recover the botched snap that after the replay, it was definitely recoverable.

Sanchez single handily lost this game for us. If they finish this season at 8-8, I'll be sick to my stomach.

Oline has been off all year long and so has the play calling. Soprano is just as bad as Shotenhieimer.

Woody Johnson needs to take a long hard look at this team and figure out what's really the issue.

1. We need to get rid of Mike Tannenbaum

2. Sporano isn't the right guy for us

3. Our O-Line is horrible and nothing like what it was a few years ago. We need to draft well in that department.

4. We need younger linebackers and a pass rush

5. If we're so committed to running the ball, let's get a decent RB. Shaune Greene isn't going to be our answer going forward.

6. If we can't get a RB, it's time to let go of Sanchez

7. We need to let go of Holmes as well. Dude is a cancer and has a history of splitting up locker rooms.

THIS IS EVERYTHING I WAS GETTING READY TO TYPE!!!!!!! REEEEPPPED!!!!!!
And tank the rest of the season to get good Draft picks. .........too late.....oh well.
Iffy on holmes though id trade him for good picks though. Def not just release himm.

Bascially this team needs help in every department except the secondary...best player available when drafting scenario pretty much.

Tannenbaum has to go, Rex also needs to have zero influence in personnel decisions.

Fire Tanny, fire sporano, bring in Alex smith to be the transitional qb and don't let Sanchez see the field

Nah.
Bring in mv7 instead of alex Smith.
Trade tebow cut sanchez or bench him.
Fire tan , fire sparano. One of the three lbs needs to go. Harris thomas or scott. Draft a good young pass rusher. Our o line isn't bad maybe we need a o line coach.
Let rex know to stay quiet and focus on football and he has no say in personnel. Get a good rb or maybe let Powell start over shonn

Last edited:
McElroy is starting on Sunday.

Well that's one step into the right direction.

It almost makes me want to change my mind and watch the game.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
The Jets have informed their QBs that Greg McElroy is starting Sunday.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
I'm told that Greg McElroy will start at QB for Jets on Sunday #nyj

Last edited:
im actually amazed tebow aint getting the start , espn's gonna be furious ....

Now?! NOW?!! Not before the deadline?!!!

Of course.

The Daily News has learned that Tebow, who captivated the NFL last season with his miracle playoff run in Denver, will request to be traded or released after the season assuming that McElroy starts the final two games. Tebow’s desire to part ways with a franchise that never gave him a chance came to a head after McElroy, who has seven career passes on his NFL resume, leapfrogged him, according to a source.

I just... :smh: :lol: :\

“The News has learned that Michael Vick, who is expected to be released by the Eagles shortly after the season, would be amenable to coming to the Jets if Sanchez is out of the equation. “Bring it on,” one Jets source said about signing Vick if he becomes available. “He was hit too many times (behind a subpar offensive line) the last two years.” Rex Ryan may be the X-Factor to land Vick, according to sources. Ryan has always had an affinity for Vick, who could potentially help save the coach from getting his walking papers after the 2013 season. “(Ryan) loves him,” a team official said.”

Normally...I could give a **** less about gossip and ********. When that whole Peyton nonsense started, I thought it'd be nice, but still rolled my eyes at it.

This.

This makes me feel some typa way.

Any Jets fan that would want Mike Vick here for football reasons does not understand the game.

He got the @#@$@ beaten out of him the last two years. Ask David Carr how his NFL career was after playing with a line that could not protect him. Vick will never be able to play in 16 games. And the only reason Rex would be drooling over this, is do to the fact that he thinks he could still be 100 yard throwing 75 yards rushing Michael Vick. This is not Madden. He would also be BAD publicity for the team (That dog thing will be with him forever, and Jets fans will be brutal)

Any Jets fan that would want Mike Vick here for football reasons does not understand the game.

He got the @#@$@ beaten out of him the last two years. Ask David Carr how his NFL career was after playing with a line that could not protect him. Vick will never be able to play in 16 games. And the only reason Rex would be drooling over this, is do to the fact that he thinks he could still be 100 yard throwing 75 yards rushing Michael Vick. This is not Madden. He would also be BAD publicity for the team (That dog thing will be with him forever, and Jets fans will be brutal)
A. He STILL CAN. Its not like son got hurt during practice soon was getting HAMMERED LIKE A TEST DUMMY because of that o line.
B. He still can put up rushing yards and passing yards like that as seen when his o line held up this season.
C. Bad publicity? You must be not noticed after the past two seasons that any publicity is good publicity for the jets . Tebow plax etc
D. Were drooling over Mcelroy atm .. vick is tougher than sanchez. I highly doubt that will be the case unless hes throwing 4 picks a game and running into his o line causing him to fumble.

Cliff
Bring on mv7

No, fans are not drooling over McElroy, they are drooling at Sanchez being benched. Half the fans thought Tebow was in against Arizona when Greg came in. The other half were being sarcastic. the majority of the Jets fan base have no Idea who he is. Nor even know that Sanchez is the only QB on our roster without a National Title. For every Tebow stan, there is a Jets fan that just wants a competent QB. Am I happy McElroy is in, Absolutely. but he is not the answer unless he REALLY impresses the last two games.

The publicity for the Jets when they got Tebow, Woody thought it would all be good. Trust me, he is not thrilled being the laughing stock of the league. (which is partly his fault) And being a season ticket holder (from the pics i post in here) I have noticed the press for this team. And knowing the clientele of this Jets team, the fan base will not take to Michael Vick like Philly did.

As much as I would love the Michael Vick of old, I think fans will be disappointed

Only way I like bringing Vick in is if McElroy proved to be capable in the qb role these next 2 games. Vick gets hurt every season with his style of play and with him getting older i doubt he plays the full 16 games. If there's a capable backup though in the case Vick gets hurt its doable though although I would prefer Alex Smith at this point.

Regarding Sanchez I doubt they can get any type of trade for him unless they eat some of that contract but if they can find someone willing to do that, jump on it. Maybe Arizona who's qb situation is worse then the jets. Perhaps Sanchez is salvageable in the right situation with the right coaching but its not going to happen in New York. It's in the best interest of both sides to find a way to split after this season.

Moving forward in the long run, the jets organization deserves some accountablity for the shortcomings and failures of mark Sanchez and need to learn from this in regards of what not to do with the next high pick first round qb they decide to draft.

I dont know how I feel about Vick, but I think we need to fire Sporano and hire Norv Turner as our offensive coordinator.

Back
Top Bottom