2012 OFFICIAL NBA Fantasy Basketball Thread

I really do not think they are limiting his minutes to prevent injury, he seems 100% now and Monty Williams just has a very erratic coaching/line-up preference. I mean if they were just being wary of an injury but truly believes in his talents, he'd at least finish in games but more often than not, Anderson and Lopez are on the court and theBrow is sitting on the bench. I do think that the only reason Davis is even starting is because he is the #1 pick, it seems he doesn't like Davis in his system.

F' it! I am benching Davis tonight.

I really do not think they are limiting his minutes to prevent injury, he seems 100% now and Monty Williams just has a very erratic coaching/line-up preference. I mean if they were just being wary of an injury but truly believes in his talents, he'd at least finish in games but more often than not, Anderson and Lopez are on the court and theBrow is sitting on the bench. I do think that the only reason Davis is even starting is because he is the #1 pick, it seems he doesn't like Davis in his system.

F' it! I am benching Davis tonight.

I think the hornets didn't expect for Ryan to thrive so much in Monty's system. They got him imo, to back up davis but instead it turns out he is just too beneficial to leave on the bench and be a true backup. I wonder if AD is strong and fast enough to compete at the three? I mean his defense is there but I don't know how well he would translate at the three.

Last edited:
I get that Ryan can spread the floor and all but the last few minutes, Monty goes with Lopez or Smith. I mean even when Davis gets hot, like that one game against the Lakers or Clippers, Davis got like 16/8 in the first half but played like 3-4 minutes in the second half when he was part of the crucial comeback in the first half. It just made no sense to me.

I don't think he can compete at the 3 spot, just not fast enough and probably not strong enough to go against Melo or Lebron or even Odom. His length is his biggest asset and that might offset the lack of speed?

roy hibbert, not due to coach though.... is NOH limiting him cause of various injuries or hes just not doing the right things in the system?

i have both :smh: both have the ability to break how and avg dbl dbls with 2 blocks. doing the same and benching AD tonight ridiculous i have had both on the trading block for a while too no ones biting

Maybe he is in Monty's dog house and he is only starting like you said because of his #1 pick status. Just like how Aminu was in his doghouse for a number of games, racking up DNPs, low minutes, etc. and then all of sudden Monty gave him 30+min a night again. Just hope Hornets management gives Monty the mandate to let AD loose the second half of the season since its for sure the hornets are not making the playoffs.

Davis played higher minutes before his injuries.... Ever since he experienced small ankle problems he has been limited.

So what is the explanation in sub-20min PT the past 4 games?

Plus hisconcussion injury was on 11/02 and injured ankle it on 11/20. He returned 12/11 and has averaged 34 minutes per game the rest of December and then just went downhill or completely erratic from then on. He has played 4 games with 30+ min since Jan 1st and the rest are between 19-25 min with some even reaching 11 or 15 minutes. He did re-injure it on Jan 21st but his minutes were already on the downward spiral and he still missed no games, he actually played 30 min. on the next game after that re-injury but the minutes continued to decline from then on again. I really do not see it as taking care of an injury at all cuz his minutes were already going down before he re-injured that ankle.

Derrick Rose vs Russel Westbrook

Who do you guys think is a better fantasy option going forward in a 10 team keeper league?

Last edited:
Westbrook

Rose isn't even set to return before March 1st last I read. When he gets back, he'll probably be on minute limitation too.

Westbrook no doubt, no idea when Rose is gonna come back and even when/if he does he won't be playing his usual minutes. By the time he comes back to regular form the season will probably be ending already.

Westbrook

Rose isn't even set to return before March 1st last I read. When he gets back, he'll probably be on minute limitation too.

What about next season? Assuming DRose gets back to being DRose and Westbrook continues being himself.

Really hard to say until we see Rose play. Westbrook is still arguably top 5 (easily 2-3 PG) in fantasy leagues right now. Rose could easily have a set back or just simply does not produce as well as he did when he was healthy. Rose has been injury prone too even before his torn ACL.

Of course Davis does well after I bench him. 15/8 w/ 2 blks coming into 4th, he likely won't get back in the game already but I really could have used those stats in this short week. :smh:

Of course Davis does well after I bench him. 15/8 w/ 2 blks coming into 4th, he likely won't get back in the game already but I really could have used those stats in this short week. :smh:

I also benched him. I could care less though because I'm up 200+ points on my opponent. I had Lawson with another 20-point/9 assist game, Horford had a double-double before half, and Paul George came through with a triple-double.

Oh yeah, I still have Blake Griffin playing in a few.

I benched him for Valanciunas who had 0/5 with 1 blk in comparison to ADavis' 21/11/3/1/2 line. |I >:

Funny cuz Monty actually put Davis back in during garbage time when Portland pulled all their starters.

Also had Batum btw, who shot 1/10 and has been a nightmare ever since he got hurt. He was playing well a few games ago though. Hopefully the All Star break does good to his wrist.

Great day today for my fantasy team. Only real mistake I made was leaving Joe Johnson on the bench, but with the way he was playing recently could you blame me?

Last edited:
Let Anthony Davis loose man. My fantasy team would pretty much be unstoppable if he could put up good numbers on the regular.

I wouldn't do it. Even if Rose comes back, I doubt he'll be putting up his MVP type numbers. Even with Ellis being streaky, he's had some good last couple games and usually fills in for multiple stats every game.

Back
Top Bottom