2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Ive read this twice already and Cincinnati has still outscored them today.
No, what league are you in?

Standard Yahoo leagues, Seattle posted 17 points and Cincy 10. They got a TD and only allowed 7 Cowboys' points, while Cincy let up 27 to a Cleveland offense led by two rookies.

CJ28 is a ******g bum.
never touching him again in any draft :lol:
I'm honestly so frustrated as well after two weeks. Thought he could bounce back this week against SD. Partially the offensive line, partially CJ2K, partially Locker's ineffectiveness.

Played LaFell at FLEX did me good. Wish I could have put him in WR instead of Fitz so I could've P.Thomas at FLEX. Oh well now to worry about Hernandez being out 6+weeks.
Good play. That's hindsight, man. Can't possibly justify ever starting LaFell or P. Thomas over Fitz, even with the poor first two weeks of 2012-2013.

need to thank lynch, packers d and tynes for getting 63 points while, hernandez, james jones, torrey smith and larry fitz got me a total of 7.5 points
who should be a nice target for me to get off waivers while hernandez is on my IR?
Pitta if he's available. Martellus Bennett.

much more than one week this kind of production goes back to last season. I feel ya I just look at CJ and see a younger smaller faster MJD. ADP is irrelevant to me my strategy revolves around hoarding RBs and hoping my sleepers blow up. What really sucks is how Bradshaw got hurt and then Wilson turns out to not be that guy, at least this week. I honestly feel like my team is straight either way but having a guy dominate out of nowhere is a little more fun
I'm well aware of Spiller's 2011-2012 after Jackson went down. Do I believe C.J.'s best production is higher than MJD at his best? No, I don't. It's ultimately up to you. Cancel the trade if you want. Few of us including myself saw a huge W2 for Spiller against KC, but I can't imagine he produces like this all season. Against the Jets? Probably not. Against the Pats? Unlikely.

Aaron Hernandez hurt me too fellas 
mean.gif

Romo and Dez did me dirty.. but still won in my cbs league 
pimp.gif
 thanks to CJ Spiller and my dude DBowe

Lost my ESPN league which is my bigger money league..  thanks to Greene, Hernandez, Charles, and Donald Brown 
sick.gif
 who totalled me 7 pts

Biggest W2 Winners thus far: D. Bowe, C.J. Spiller, Seattle DEF.

Things I was right about W2: C.J. Spiller, Cruz, Seattle DEF, Trent Richardson.

Things I was wrong about W2: CJ2K, GB DEF, M. Bush, Sproles.

Edit: Didn't think Darren Sproles would be this effective (especially) PPR in W2 with the lagging knee injury.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of Spiller's 2011-2012 after Jackson went down. Do I believe C.J.'s best production is higher than MJD at his best? No, I don't. It's ultimately up to you. Cancel the trade if you want. Few of us including myself saw a huge W2 for Spiller against KC, but I can't imagine he produces like this all season. Against the Jets? Probably not. Against the Pats? Unlikely.

He went off vs the jets last week :lol: Logically I wouldn't have expected Spiller to come close to what he did last week and then he goes and drops damn near 30 so at times it pays to ignore logic

CJ2k been killing me this year in my cbs league.. thank god for the other CJmaybe2Kifkeepsrunninglikethis

He went off vs the jets last week :lol: Logically I wouldn't have expected Spiller to come close to what he did last week and then he goes and drops damn near 30 so at times it pays to ignore logic
I watched the game, I was referring directly to the rest of the season since he's the full-time starter with Freddy out. Meaning from W3 on.

Agree to disagree on this one. Spiller is a legitimate RB2, fringe RB1 but I don't see him posting these fantasy numbers (against KC) week-in and week-out. Time will tell. Defenses will adjust and load up on the run. The smart to thing to do with Stevie being the only outside weapon.

CJ2k been killing me this year in my cbs league.. thank god for the other CJmaybe2Kifkeepsrunninglikethis
Any bench options? CJ2K is no longer a must-start.

Yea I wouldn't even expect an elite QB to put up 20 every week that's not the issue. I think where we disagree is that Spiller's best isn't better than MJD's...I can't see MJD putting up these kind of numbers with both offenses having similar issues

CJ2K definitely not the $68 I paid for him in my money auction league, but on the bright side is that I have Shady McCoy and a plethora of RB's that are a likely injury away from puttin' up numbers. Bush, David Wilson, Rashad Jenning....Although I'm wondering if I should keep Rashad much longer.

Disappointing week :smh:....benched Vick In favor of schaub, had Dez, B.Marshall, DMC, and Fleener...only production I got was from Seattle D and some from Doug Martin and ADP....my team has around 60 total points right now...

Oh well hoping to bounce back next week...its a long season.

I'm playing Victor Cruz, CJ Spiller, and Brent Celek...... Last week I played Matt Ryan. WHEN WILL IT END

one of my $100 teams, im up by 2...got Megatron, and J.Hanson goin along wit Roddy and McGahee 2morrow. Im goin against R.Moss and Peyton 2morrow. Guess Ill just have to pray on that one. Lookin at 1-1. (had Hernandez and Forte and sat Luck for Romo vs SEA smh)

other $100 team...up by 27 and got Turner goin 2morrow. Goin against V.Davis, Stafford and Pettigrew (hopefully Stafford dont go all Eli on me (6pts per passing TD league)) Hopefully ill go 2-0...oh yeah i benched Vick for RGIII :smokin

Last edited:
I see the CJ2k talk is rampant. Question for all his owners, what's your gameplan for him? Play the matchups? Trade? Bench?

I see the CJ2k talk is rampant. Question for all his owners, what's your gameplan for him? Play the matchups? Trade? Bench?

i have that fool chris johnson on 3 out of 4 of my fantasy team. I'm going to see how he and the titans do against the lions next week at home. If its a repeat of week 1 and 2, I'm benching him and see if I can trade him for a WR/TE or draft picks I'm not letting him stick around my team like I did last year.

BENCH. He will never see the starting up on my team again, and I refuse to let him to to someone else and have it come back to bite me in the butt later.

Matthew Stafford 
mean.gif
 just needed 9 points to edge out a win this week but I don't think I'll get it

I had CJ on the bench this week in favor of DMC and Doug Martin. DMC has been suspect too, he may get benched in WK3. Titans and Raiders just have bad O-lines, and fall behind quick and have to pass. I'm resorting to match-up plays for them from here on out. Next week I'm going with Doug martin (v DAL) and Darren Sproles (v KC), until CJ (v DET) or DMC (v PIT) show me something.

Hey Champ question for you,

Thinking about dropping Cobb for Amendola...thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom