2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Scored 185 points last week. This week I have a total of 64 points with only Matt Ryan and Julio Jones playing tomorrow... :lol: :smh:
Proves that Fantasy Sports can be so week-to-week. Can't lull on losses, or become complacent with victories.

Benched Stafford swooped up Alex Smith (thurs from FA list) and Alex came thru for me.
Amendola:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin 37pts
I won this week so im 1-1
also need your help on trade offer I recieved. I got offered Schaub and Colston or Ridley (my choice) for Stafford. My current backup QB is gonna either be Luck or Smith. Should I make this trade??? Need input
No, I would ask for all three, Schaub, Colston, and Ridley for Stafford.

Spanked my cousin no homo today! He was talking wild crazy this whole week.. told me Cruz is a bust :lol:... bust on your face
I had Eli, Cruz, Reggie Bush, Ray rice, Welker, Jordy, Fred davis and my giants def only 2 that slacked... my kicker is hanson
All he got left is Tamme which I doubt hell score 35 plus
:nthat: I see you, homie. Keep it up.

In my opinion, no. Stafford is going to be fine. Ridley is too unpredictable right now (not sure what kind of direction NE's offense is going in... but if they want to win, they really are going to need to go back to their pass-dominant offense). I think Luck and Smith are great backups... but I wouldn't want them starting every week (nor would I want Schaub).
Pitta seems like he would be the most consistent... but lower potential ceiling from week to week than the other two IMO. I would also go for Celek.
Got offered a trade... McFadden for (my) Welker and Gonzalez. I already have:
TE: Scott Chandler (Bills) as a backup TE
WR: Desean Jackson, Anquan Boldin, Sydney Rice, Michael Crabtree, Domenik Hixon (about to be dropped)
RB: Willis McGahee, Michael Bush, Rashad Jennings
I'm obviously low on RB, and I think McFadden will come out of his little slump... more worried about an injury with him. Problem is, I think Welker is also going to see more targets (obviously with Hernandez out; plus, I figured he would get more anyway)... and I look at Gonzalez as being very consistent (don't think I'll be able to rely on Chandler, although he has been decent the past few weeks and is in a good situation in Buffalo).
Thoughts? Obviously, I'd like to switch Welker out for some combination of Boldin/Jennings, but don't know if he'd go for it.
I would not trade Welker and Gonzalez for DMC. It would take DMC and a decent WR or TE to get the deal closer.

larry fitzgerald :stoneface:
marques colston :stoneface:
steven jackson :stoneface:
fred davis :stoneface:
titus young :stoneface:
combined they only got me 20 points. and matt forte got injured thursday. my team is in shambles and its only week 2. :smh:
Patience, brotha. One week at a time. Keep setting your lineup wisely with your best effort and intuition every week.

Talk to me guys I plan on proposing this trades will rep of course.
First of all this is my squad.
QB E.Manning
RB M. Forte
RB R. Rice
WR V. Cruz
WR W. Welker
TE F. Davis
W/R R. Bush
W/R/T J. Nelson
Bench:
QB J. Cutler
WR L. Moore
WR V-Jax
RB A. Morris
RB F. Jackson
RB M. Bush
I was going to propose A. Morris and L.Moore for Steve Smith. Thoughts?
That's a done deal for me. Also would target a Morris and Moore package to buy Greg Jennings low. Other options to buy low are Fitzgerald. You could throw out Morris and Moore for Marshall and hope the opposing manager bites based on impatience from W2 against GB.

im down 87 to 99 in one league, with roddy white and eric decker still to go...all his players are done.
had bowe on my bench...would have given me the win already...this KC team will be playing from behind a lot this year...i think bowe might be my other must-start receiver after roddy, leaving me with a choice every week for stevie johnson, desean jackson or decker in the flex :smokin
Good WR depth, man. Bowe becomes a must-start as he shakes off rust without camp for holding out for a long-term deal. People forget he grabbed 15 TDs in 2010. Cassel is the only part I don't like.

Stevie's value increased by Freddy and Nelson's injuries.

D-Jax battling bad hammy.

Decker, I'm watching you tonight for big numbers, homie.

i have fred jackson and ahmad bradshaw. my RB1 is DMC and my last backup RB is donald brown. am i crazy if i drop fred jackson for a ben tate or andre brown? i feel like fred jackson lost his job, whether or not he comes back early or late
It's not crazy only because Fantasy Football has no IR. But can't you drop a backup QB, TE, or DEF to get Tate? Ben is the easy RB pickup.

So far this week I'm 1-1 with a close game to be decided tonight. I'm up 3.5 with McGahee to go, he has Demaryius Thomas.
Any thoughts on Fred Davis? It's looking like RGIII spreads the ball out way too much for him to have that big of an impact (he has 9 targets, 4 catches, 52 yards, 0 TD in two games). Is he worth dropping for Dennis Pitta (24 targets, 14 catches, 138 yards, 1 TD in two games). PPR league.
Sidenote: Look at this bench. I already got the W but I'd be heated if I lost :lol:.
I would seriously drop Davis for Pitta even though it's only W2. Pitta looks much better than Dickson in the uptempo offense. Davis didn't even get targeted more with Garcon out, those looks went to Hank and Morgan.

I'm hurting at WR and willing to part with Gronk.

Gronk for Hakeem Nicks? Maybe add in to get Sidney Rice?
Woah, slow your roll, brotha. Gronk should command more than Nicks straight up. Nicks and a WR2/WR3 or RB2/RB3. Based on ADP alone. He's got a TD in each week of the season so far, talk about reliable. That manager is selling Nicks super-high after W2. Victor Cruz is still the NYG receiver to own for me even with better coverage, sees more targets.

Alright guys I need your help. A guy wants to offer Calvin Johnson for Ray Rice straight up.
My RBs: Sproles, , Ridley, P.Thomas, Quizz
My WRs: Julio, Percy, Denarius Moore, Sidney Rice
Should I accept or not?
I'm taking the Ray Rice side no matter what, even in a PPR format. Ray's #1 overall on my board preseason for a reason, and he's remaining there until proven otherwise. 99/53 against the Eagles, not even his best performance. Reliable.

Pick up Mikel Leshoure if he is on your wire. Might take over for Kevin Smith.
I might like Leshoure less than you, but I am a strong proponent of selling K. Smith after W1 and even more so now after W2. He has some value in PPR formats.

Hey everyone I need help on what i should get in return for trading Aaron Hernandez

This is a 20 team league and this person has 2 good TEs and could wait for Hernandez to return from injury.
Im thinking to try to get Tony Gonzalez.

Im also thinking to include Damian Williams in the trade. What else should i try to get in return?
I would move Hernandez and D. Williams for Tony Gonzalez and Dwyer.

Dropped Jared Cook last week because I already had Aaron Hernandez. Great...
Also have Forte, hopefully he won't be out too long.
And someone in my league just traded Stafford for Alex Smith. :smh:
That's where the power of veto comes strongly into play.

It was all good a week ago :smh:
Working on vetoing my own trade :lol:
[COLOR=#red]Champ[/COLOR], Please tell me you rolled with your gut on that one deal.
You the man, AG. Trusted my gut like I always preach to you guys and held off on a potential deal. Happy I did as well, as of now at least.

Smh 4 leagues, so many underwhelming performances :smh: :smh:
Next year in going WR/QB heavy in the first rounds :smh:
I've always been a proponent of traditional draft strategy, meaning RB/RB early. However, there's no denying even from Fantasy Football purists and conservatives, that the NFL is clearly shifting to a pass-happy league. Running the football is less important. Defense is slightly less important in the regular season. No longer uncommon to go QB first-round and something like TE second-round, not that I support the TE part even though Jimmy and Gronk are special players.

Just had a deal accepted:
(Sending)
WR Wes Welker
WR Sidney Rice
TE Tony Gonzalez
(Receiving)
RB Darren McFadden
TE Fred Davis
I feel like I have WR covered (with DeSean Jackson, Michael Crabtree, and Anquan Boldin... 18 team league, mind you)... TE will platoon between Scott Chandler and Fred Davis now... and I didn't have to give up either of my RB's worth anything (Willis McGahee and Michael Bush).
Obviously, I'm banking on McFadden and Davis coming out of their slumps... I'm betting that against solid projected production from Gonzalez, ok-production from Rice, and very questionable status from Welker.
Thoughts now that the deal is completed/waiting approval?
I'd be fairly content with that. I do worry about Davis' targets with RG3. McFadden is a potential top-10 fantasy producer. Gonzalez will probably outproduce Davis, but McFadden playing well can compensate with his numbers over Welker and Rice. I'm beginning to believe more and more Gronk and Lloyd are the NE receivers to own in fantasy.

What would be a fair trade for me to offer this dude for Jamaal Charles? I have Fitz, Tonio Brown, Garcon, Mike Williams and Kendall Wright at WR...and McCoy, McGahee, Michael Bush and Ben Tate at RB.

I'm down 30.5 tonight and have Julio and Jacob Tamme playing :wow:  Should be fun to watch tonight.
I hope Julio and Tamme get you one each.

For fun, I've already predicted Denver 31-28. One for McGahee, one for Tamme, two for Decker. Matty Ice hooks up with Julio once, Roddy once, Tony once, and Burner gets a rushing TD.

What would be a fair trade for me to offer this dude for Jamaal Charles? I have Fitz, Tonio Brown, Garcon, Mike Williams and Kendall Wright at WR...and McCoy, McGahee, Michael Bush and Ben Tate at RB.
I'd low-ball with Garcon initially just for negotiating purposes, but would expect to part with at least Antonio Brown for Jamaal Charles.

Back
Top Bottom