2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

For those who have lost Hernandez - run to the waiver wire for guys like Kyle Rudolph, Martellus Bennett, or even Brent Celek after his big game although he may not be as available.

I don't know why so many people are saying to pick up Amendola...why wasn't he drafted in your league to begin with?

Also Donnie Avery seems to be the solid #2 option for Luck.

Bradon LaFell is turning into a solid player. I drafted him late in my big money league, he should really become a solid #2 next to Steve Smith.

As always thanks for the advice Champ :pimp:. And venom, I've been expecting big things for LaFell (as big as they can get for a #2) all offseason and therefore drafted him in all 3 of my leagues. I dropped him in one league to pick up Ben Tate but I still have him in my other 2 leagues, extremely happy with his production thus far :smokin.

Also Donnie Avery seems to be the solid #2 option for Luck.

I'm watching him, too... but I think a lot of it depends on what Austin Collie's role will be when he returns... if he returns. If Collie doesn't come back, then I look at him as a huge under-the-radar guy.

I'd be fairly content with that. I do worry about Davis' targets with RG3. McFadden is a potential top-10 fantasy producer. Gonzalez will probably outproduce Davis, but McFadden playing well can compensate with his numbers over Welker and Rice. I'm beginning to believe more and more Gronk and Lloyd are the NE receivers to own in fantasy.

Yeah, there wasn't really anything else I could get him to go for... he definitely didn't want Boldin (who I was really trying to trade... but I guess I'm alright with keeping him because the Ravens offense looks like it's high-powered enough to still get him some looks... I'll just chalk up yesterday to the good Eagles defense/secondary I guess).

I just think the reward from this trade (a normal/high performing McFadden) is too great for me to pass up with the RB's that I have. And if things for Welker are really as bad as some of these articles are saying (which, honestly, I kind of believe... because there is something seriously wrong with him not getting in on all the snaps like usual... and the cause of it being his contract thing wouldn't be a surprise to me at all, given NE's history), then I think it's a really good trade for me. We'll see I guess.

You the man, AG. Trusted my gut like I always preach to you guys and held off on a potential deal. Happy I did as well, as of now at least.

I was hoping you did after checking the stats of yesterday's game. Some gambles just aren't worth the risk.

After DMC scored me a solid 5 this weekend, lets just say I'm keeping my options open. I still think he's a must start this weekend @ PIT, but for my matchup I'm more concerned with (or atleast should be) is Percy vs SF. Is that favorable in the least bit? I also think BGE is a must start @ WAS especially with Orakpo and Carriker out.

Thoughts?

After DMC scored me a solid 5 this weekend, lets just say I'm keeping my options open. I still think he's a must start this weekend @ PIT, but for my matchup I'm more concerned with (or atleast should be) is Percy vs SF. Is that favorable in the least bit? I also think BGE is a must start @ WAS especially with Orakpo and Carriker out.

Thoughts?
Hold up, are you deciding two out of three between DMC, Law Firm, and Percy?

Thoughts?

I wouldn't start DMC @ PIT

Hes seeming to have trouble with the Oline and PIt should be getting back Harrison and Troy

I wouldn't start DMC @ PIT
Hes seeming to have trouble with the Oline and PIt should be getting back Harrison and Troy
I'm not sure if Checks is deciding between one out of three, or two out of three, but I'd rank those three specific players Law Firm, Percy, and DMC based on match-ups and production thus far in the early season.

MMG: Titus Young has all the talent and receiving potential in the world, but he needs to get his head on straight. Titus is on Schwartz's negative list until further notice, which means he needs a game or two to earn Coach's respect and fantasy managers as well. He's one of my sleepers but it's honestly looking like his value will come into play mid-season and on.

Im all for players catching out late but with short benches it's coming down to a numbers game

I have Wilson / Young / Jeffery all on the same bench :\

I could play both BGE and Percy and bench DMC. I would like to think McFadden might bounce back - but y'all are right, his production just isn't there right now. How do you think Percy might fare against the SF defense?

Hernandez owner here...

Fleener, Rudolph, Bennett, Miller all on the WW. I'm thinking Rudolph or Bennett. Thoughts?

If you could start only one between Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker, who do you go with?(no ppr)

Last edited:
Austin,

I would actually roll with Pitta but thats a personal preference. Rudolph would probably be my 2nd choice.

Guys,

I offered Fred Davis + Justin Smith for Fred Jackson + Matt Shaughnessy in an IDP league, and it was just accepted.

Thoughts? My TEs were Tamme + Davis, and I already have Spiller at RB (in addition to AP and CJ2K). My main goal was to get Fred Jack as a handcuff for Spiller later in the year even though I hope Spiller keeps starting.

Hoping to get Celek/Bennett/Rudolph off the WW as a backup TE. Solid plan or should I have held on to Justin Smith?

Also, debating offering up CJ2K for DMac. Dont even really expect DMac's owner to accept but I think its worth a shot...

Last edited:
Decker is good for PPR, Thomas good for non PPR cause he's big play ability ( like last week )

^ PPR = Point(s) Per Reception (meaning, every reception counts as a point). So, you would be able to tell if your receivers were getting points based on their receptions.

I'd low-ball with Garcon initially just for negotiating purposes, but would expect to part with at least Antonio Brown for Jamaal Charles.

I asked him what he wanted for Charles and he said he'd take McGahee straight up :lol:...should I accept that as fast as possible or should I be weary about Jamaal Charles' knee?

Back
Top Bottom