2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

every post has the word "I" in it...

this thread should be about fantasy tips (who to add/drop), and less about how many points you put up today

just saying :smh:

every post has the word "I" in it...
this thread should be about fantasy tips (who to add/drop), and less about how many points you put up today
just saying :smh:

What do you expect when the bulk of the week's games are done? We were just discussing who to drop, add, move, etc. earlier this morning and all throughout the weekend. I envision the trend of this topic to go from

Monday night - Tuesday: Waiver steals
Tuesday - Saturday: Trades, Add/Drop
Sunday morning: Roster changes
Sunday - Monday: Points turn out

Always go with YOUR gut.

Its YOUR fantasy team.

.....still mad I left Demarius on the bench when I drafted him to start. :smh:>:

I'm on the left. Feels good. It will be tough to pick just two keepers. I kind of want to trade Foster

I haven't been able to keep up with the thread, but how does everyone think RGIII will do this year. I know he had great day today, but how well will he do relative to say Cam Newton last year.

ridingonlorenzos: Offer 1, I'm pretty high on Finley and very high on Lance Moore this year but that's not enough for Jimmy. You probably drafted him second-round expecting him to produce similar numbers to last year. Jimmy almost nabbed 100 receptions last season. Driver is fairly worthless in most fantasy leagues.
Offer 2 is a little closer because SF is far and away the best fantasy DEF. But once again, I like both Finley and Moore but can't stomach trading away your second-round pick Jimmy for that package. Wouldn't be enough.
RBs solid. Just upgrade your receivers. Trade away either Matty Ice or Peyton, whoever you believe less in. Package with Stewart for a WR2.
slowrolling: Gotcha, man. QB need is less slightly than. Thought it was two-QB, 6-point per passing TD league. Big Ben is adequate for now but he plays through numerous injuries. Would be smart to target the Vick/Cam owner. He may want the Wilson handcuff. Wilson and Fitzpatrick for Vick is great for you, but that owner may want Big Ben instead of Fitzpatrick. You could also use your WR3 or WR4 to get a Jay Cutler-type cheaper.
If it's RB, RB/WR Flex, WR, WR to start. I'd go DMC, Garcon or Smith in the Flex, Marshall, Brown. Until Trent heals up and Shurmur names him W1 starter. If so, Trent goes in the Flex for Garcon/Smith.
HighRiser07: I'd start Davis initially until RG3 shows he won't look his TE's way. Bush is a backup. Sure he'll get reps and touches, but how many? If Forte goes down, you obviously start Bush in the Flex.
I'm starting Seattle at D (top-6 defense) at Arizona with Skelton under center. They don't even know if Beanie or Ry Williams is the starting RB. Fitz the only threat. On a side note, they should kick away from PP at all times.

Good looks homie!!! If I knew how to give you rep points, I'd give you a hundid

happy with my four headed monster tony romo , lesean mccoy , julio jones , jimmy graham ....david wilson was trash but i got spiller on

the bench , and the bills defense will likely be dropped for anything lmao

regarding Chris Johnson,

I don't know if I spoke about him in depth earlier in the thread, but If I didn't I should've.

He was firmly on my DND this season. Worst run-blocking o-line last season and didn't improve in the least. I was hopeful for CJ owners that at least a mobile QB in Jake Locker would have helped his production but now he's got a shoulder injury.

but again, he seems to have mailed it in, he got his money. He doesn't care, his character just tells me he just doesn't want it. Ever since he felt jilted about not winning the MVP the year he had 2000+ yards from scrimmage (he stated that Peyton didn't deserve it because Peyton had previous stellar seasons) he seems to just not care.

I didn't get the Titans game in my area, so I'll have to go back and watch it. However watching him last season just told me he was complacent and lacked hunger, didn't want to go through contact, didn't want to hit holes with explosiveness.

He's serviceable in PPR leagues, at the very least. But in my mind there was no way in hell I was going to spend a 1st round pick on this schmuck.
Chalk it up as a conspiracy theory, but I think I remember the game when it happened...when he turned.

A couple years ago, against the Steelers, he was running decent until Troy Polamalu absolutely Lit. Him. Up...

It wasn't one of those flashy slow-mo-ready Sportscenter hits, but one of those subtly violent, "I know I'd be asking for a stretcher" hits.

He looked half asleep getting back to his feet, but then they put him back into the game almost immediately and he proceeded to be a tackling dummy for the rest of the game. To me that's when he realized that they don't give a **** about him, and he's better off doing him, taking it easy (cautious) and waiting til his next contract year to go all out, because his team was ******** and he knew it and they're not looking out for his best interests. When there's no QB, they're putting 9 in the box and you have your undersized RB run a draw...

At least that's when and how I think it happened.

Last edited:
WhatisLove: Understandable with the depth and amount of teams in the league. I don't see Moreno scoring that much more this season, even though I hope he does because of the Jersey roots. I like Hillman out of Denver's backfield long-term.

Did you go double RB first two-rounds? Feel like in a 18-teamer you can get QB, WR, TE later on.

rck2sactown: On a positive note for the Eagles, our run defense and defense as a whole under Castillo is much, much better. Trent's effectiveness was limited despite the somewhat favorable match-up based on last season's run stats. He ran hard as evidenced by the truck stick on Coleman. I suppose Shurmur will increase his workload as the injury time passes farther and farther away. Conservative workload of 19 carries in the opener. 35 pass attempts for a rookie QB debut is far too many for Weeden.

rck2sactown: I think the Atlanta game wasn't telling enough for either Hillis or Charles. The early hole created by Matty and Julio forced KC and Cassel to throw. 16 carries for Charles? He was at a huge YPC clip, largely because of the 46-yard run. 7 carries for Hillis? Not quite enough. Run the football and play defense. Schiano style.

SneakerHeathen: Yeah, I could see Hill being a somewhat valuable keeper but not based on one performance. He's raw as a WR. Don't trust Sanchez and Tebow to get him the football accurately over 16.

Hillman and Ball are also in the mix to steal reps and the starting job from Willis. Love Hillman, his blocking just needs to get better for regular first-team reps.

CJ2K has no type of blocking, man. There are no running lanes/holes in Tennessee right now. I still believe he has a good season. NE is an improved run defense and team defense as a whole. Titans were forced into a passing game by the big deficit.

Shanny is going to rotate Morris, Royster, and Helu. That's a given.

bbllplaya23: Keep hope. Cincy run defense is solid enough to potentially limit Ray. Rivers has "low" projections against Oakland.

bxbadboy90: I'd start Floyd only because Moore has been a game-time decision. Don't love either option at the moment. Moore is the better receiver long-term for me.

illmatic34: In hindsight, I think you made the right play. Might have started Jeffery over Jennings, but not Heath.

I was very surprised Denver put Champ on A. Brown most of the night, limited his effectiveness. Thought Bailey would be on Wallace stride-for-stride.

Outside chance, but you may come up a bit short.

Antidope: Most of Rivers' TD throws will go to Gates so you got that covered. Torrey should perform well.

diewitsjames: That was the risky play that I recommended, Demaryius being the safer option. If you take away, the 71-yard strike, Demaryius under-performed and Washington "would have" had the better week.

MastaMind033: I see Peyton using Tamme similar to Clark all season.

Timeless Flight: Agreed, it's becoming more common to add/drop defenses every week based on match-up.

Zyzz: I'm shocked by Welker's Week 1 performance. He's still a must-start but let's see if Brady gets him the football more early in Week 2 with screens and short routes.

Mr4thQuarter: Do it then. Morris' value is highest now. Wilson lowest until he sorts out the fumbling and Coughlin can trust him again.

Shox23: Testament to Tampa's revamped defense.

cornzilla: I'd work a trade involving Burner Turner. Don't like his production for this season.

AG 47: You overcame the Matty Ice bullet in League 1.

That's all you, homie. Trusted your instincts. Drafted well. Slotted the right starters. Keep it up.

rayray3thousand: Shoot a question if you got anything on your mind. More than happy to help, bro.

SneakerPro: Agreed, my mantra in all Fantasy Sports.

Honestly though, take away the 71-yard TD strike and Demaryius' Week 1 was a dud.

rck2sactown: Yeah, it's going to be difficult determining your two keepers for next season. Should help sort things out as the season plays out over 16. Maybe Murray, Garcon, Ridley in one keeper spot depending on what round you drafted those respective players. Brees or Foster in your other keeper slot. Payton back next year will be huge for Drew's production again.

Captain Charisma: I'm truly rooting for RG3 because of his charisma and general demeanor/personality despite being a division rival, but people are getting carried away. It's Week 1 and against a weak NO defense adjusting to overturned suspension and a new DC (Spags). His number one weapon (Garcon) already picked up a knock. He doesn't run as well as Cam (less rushing TDs). I'd keep RG3 as solid backup QB value, but don't trust him enough in his rookie year to be a starter. He's more developed as a passer than Cam comparing their rookie seasons. Deep-ball touch and accuracy are phenomenal.

ridingonlorenzos: No problem, man. Keep up the good work and stay active. Let's get to those playoffs.

TrickDaddy305: Who you got for FA defenses? I'd drop the Bills too. Overrated because of Rio addition.

I have Matt Ryan and RGIII on my squad with other needs at RB... 6 points per passing TD and its a PPR Keeper league...

Who should I be selling high and what should I expect in return at RB?

ChampCruThik doing work
smokin.gif
Now that is what you call a contribution to this community. Repped good sir, we need more people like you around here

my first lost..gonna make some changes for next week. Just wanted some input on who you guys think i should start, maybe leave in. Its only first week so any advice would be good.

maybe thinking of putting in Michael Bush and Randall Cobb. Was hoping for Cam to put in work against Tampa Bay, hope he doesnt hit that sophomore slump. Colston on the other hand i knew wasnt gonna make much happen due to his foot but hopefully as time goes i start to see more from him and brees. Same goes for Larry and Victor.

Last edited:
any1 thinks Patriots D/ST worth pickn up? Have a bad feelin Bills D/ST will suck & hyped by espn cuz of Mario Williams signing

Made a trade offer to get Eli and Sidney Rice. I'll give up Torrey Smith and Fitzpatrick. Peyton is his starting QB btw. Most likely he'll pull the trigger since he's in need of a WR.

Does this trade looks good to anyone? I'm kinda weak at QB now that Locker is hurt.

Last edited:
@AdamSchefter
MRI compete on Fred Jackson's right knee and it revealed nothing conclusive. It will probably be 7-10 days before a timeline is established for his return. Doctors want to see how it will respond to rest. But this knocks Jackson out of Sunday's game, at the least.

any1 thinks Patriots D/ST worth pickn up? Have a bad feelin Bills D/ST will suck & hyped by espn cuz of Mario Williams signing

They might have the best front 7 in the AFC. Chandler Jones is going to definitely be a playmaker. I'd pick em up and spot start em.

Fred Jackson :smh: I am so thin at RB already, I need J-Stew to come back healthy this week.
this. 

I'm down to Trent Richardson and Peyton Hillis now 

Damn, that is really thin rck2. You need to make some waiver moves asap. I have DMC, Ridley, and J-Stew, but both DMC and J-Stew are injury prone. If either one of em goes too, my season is practically over :x :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom