2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

There is nobody on waivers I really could plug and start.... maybe Dexter McCluster, Woodhead, Choice (will he cut into Spillers load?), Shaun Draughn.

this is in my 16 team league btw

Last edited by a moderator:
More than likely taking two Ls this week on account of Hillis and Welker

:smh:

Despite making Cobb, Jeffery, Bush and Spiller riding the bench

I dropped Cobb just before kickoff for Tebow in that same league too 
laugh.gif

There is nobody on waivers I really could plug and start.... maybe Dexter McCluster, Woodhead, Choice (will he cut into Spillers load?), Shaun Draughn.

I'd snatch McCluster in a heartbeat, especially if he's listed as a RB/WR in your league. He got 8 targets yesterday in the pass game and looks to be a factor for KC. I thought this would be Baldwin's year, but doesn't look like it so far.

I'd snatch McCluster in a heartbeat, especially if he's listed as a RB/WR in your league. He got 8 targets yesterday in the pass game and looks to be a factor for KC. I thought this would be Baldwin's year, but doesn't look like it so far.
I think he actually got 10 touches, but regardless I agree. Did he play in primarily outta the backfield or in the slot? 

-ESPN

The Buffalo Bills not only got blown out Sunday but top running back Fred Jackson is out for at least one month and receiver David Nelson is gone for the rest of the 2012 season, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

An MRI exam completed on Jackson's right knee Monday revealed nothing conclusive, a source familiar with result told Schefter. It likely will be 7-10 days before a timeline is established for his return but a source estimated that the running back will miss at least a month.

Nelson, meanwhile, tore the ACL in his right knee Sunday, a league source told Schefter. Before his injury, Nelson had two catches for 31 yards Sunday. He was the team's second-leading receiver in 2011, finishing with 61 receptions for 658 yards and five touchdowns.

Both players were injured in the Bills' 48-28 Week 1 blowout loss to the New York Jets.

Jackson, who went on injured reserve last November with a broken right leg, went down with 11:07 left in the first half Sunday when he ran for 7 yards and was hit hard by LaRon Landry. Jackson went down immediately and stayed down for a few moments while he was checked by trainers before walking on his own to the sideline.

C.J. Spiller replaced him and got the Bills on the scoreboard, zipping past a few missed tackles by Landry and Bart Scott and scooting into the end zone for a career-best 56-yard score. Spiller finished with a career-best 169 yards rushing.

Jackson finished 2011 with 934 yards and six touchdowns. He has rushed for at least 900 yards in each of the last three seasons, including 2009 when he had a career-best 1,062 rushing yards.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I'm down 66 to 109 in one of my leagues. I only have Ray Rice left tonight, he has McFadden and Kaeding. Since I pretty much lost this week, would you guys consider sitting Rice, which would almost guarantee me the lowest score this week and position 1 on waivers? Alfred Morris is available, and probably my top waiver target this week. Hoping that if I can get him I can package him with DeAngelo Williams and send him to the guy who's top RBs are Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson.

out of the following receivers, who would you put on the trading block

jordy Nelson
Hakeem nicks
Miles Austin
Jeremy maclin

jordy Nelson
Hakeem nicks
Miles Austin
Jeremy maclin

I would check their playoff schedules to aide in this decision, but my order of who SHOULD be traded from first to last goes: Miles/Hakeem/Jordy/Jeremy. I'm very high on Maclin, but his production is obviously linked to Vick's health. I don't see Vick being healthy for more than 12 games (a hunch, of course). Jordy will continue to see targets and touchdowns...don't let Week 1 discourage you. That was the best defense in the league. Hakeem is still the number one option in a pass first offense and should see deep ball opportunities. I'm not high on Miles Austion, at least as a WR1, but as a WR2, he should be fine. His injury history and general fragile nature concerns me greatly.

I regretted picking Fitz over Julio the minute that I did it. Kolb better learn how to throw that damn rock.

i got 2 $100 leagues

in one im up by 8 and I got boldin goin and he has Ronnie brown

second team, i down by 31. Hes done and i got Torrey smith, Floyd, Gates and Baltimores' D goin...Lord help me

I would check their playoff schedules to aide in this decision, but my order of who SHOULD be traded from first to last goes: Miles/Hakeem/Jordy/Jeremy. I'm very high on Maclin, but his production is obviously linked to Vick's health. I don't see Vick being healthy for more than 12 games (a hunch, of course). Jordy will continue to see targets and touchdowns...don't let Week 1 discourage you. That was the best defense in the league. Hakeem is still the number one option in a pass first offense and should see deep ball opportunities. I'm not high on Miles Austion, at least as a WR1, but as a WR2, he should be fine. His injury history and general fragile nature concerns me greatly.

thanks for the input. that order was the same way I was thinking. thankfully miles Austin put up a decent week. I'm trading him + a qb for Julio jones :lol: the guy is desperate for one in a very QB driven league.

repped.

Thinking about offering Miles Austin + Danny Amendola for CJ Spiller or McGahee. Am I giving up too much and which would be the better deal?

I'm really thin at RB, having only Marshawn Lynch, Deangelo Williams, and Kevin Smith. Deangelo Williams put up ZERO points on a week where Jonathan Stewart wasn't even playing and while Kevin Smith did give me 20 on an off-day for the Detroit offense, his history of injuries and the looming return of Leshoure scares me.

While for WRs, I have Julio Jones, Jordy Nelson, Santonio Holmes, and Stephen Hill (Who I am really high on and I think could produce decent flex numbers week in and week out).

Fred Jackson hurt a month...not good, not good at all :smh: CJ Spiller might take that job and never look back now. Jackson's only signed for 2 years plus his age so it's not like the Bills have THAT much invested in him

I'm down 66 to 109 in one of my leagues. I only have Ray Rice left tonight, he has McFadden and Kaeding. Since I pretty much lost this week, would you guys consider sitting Rice, which would almost guarantee me the lowest score this week and position 1 on waivers? Alfred Morris is available, and probably my top waiver target this week. Hoping that if I can get him I can package him with DeAngelo Williams and send him to the guy who's top RBs are Chris Johnson and Fred Jackson.

Yes, you have no chance of winning this week so try to pick up Morris

Thinking about offering Miles Austin + Danny Amendola for CJ Spiller or McGahee.

I think you're giving to much for 1

jordy Nelson
Hakeem nicks
Miles Austin
Jeremy maclin

Austin or Maclin

who should i go for
cowboys- ogletree
gb- jones or cobb
kc-mccluster
?

jones, mccluster, Cobb now wait another week on ogletree IMO

Glad I picked up Spiller when I did my draft, I knew I should have gone with my gut and started him though :smh:

Who has more value at the RB position?

Dexter McCluster
Alfred Morris

I think this will help anyone who lost fred jackson at RB

jordy Nelson
Hakeem nicks
Miles Austin
Jeremy maclin

For who and what position do you need to fill?

It's been just one week bro, a lot of panic buttons being hit already? Come on man. Nelson has been a streaky guy, as is with all the offensive options on GB.
I would sit back, and just re-evaluate later. Keep in mind, you don't just dump stupid players out there expecting bait. You need to 'hard' sell someone, not just put useless guys on the block like most. lolz

Who has more value at the RB position?

Dexter McCluster
Alfred Morris

I think this will help anyone who lost fred jackson at RB
Alfred Morris for sure. He was picked up in most of my leagues on Sunday morning

Back
Top Bottom