2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Fred Jackson hurt a month...not good, not good at all :smh: CJ Spiller might take that job and never look back now. Jackson's only signed for 2 years plus his age so it's not like the Bills have THAT much invested in him

They'll run the damn ball more, if they keep throwing INTs. Fitzpatrick freaking sucks!

fraij: That's honestly a tough call for a keeper league. You basically have to project how you feel Matty Ice and RG3 will perform in 2013-2014, a full year away. It really depends on which round you got each quarterback in. I'm assuming RG3 can be "kept" cheaper while saving the slightly higher draft pick for next season. RG3 will only get better, but he doesn't run like Cam and plays in a loaded division. Matty Ice is also ascending with Julio directly.

Tell me which round you got each and I can probably help better.

In terms of RB value in a trade, you could sell both extremely high right now. I'd try to pull a robbery on an impatient manager. Something like Matty Ice for MJD, AP, or CJ2K. RG3 will command less even with the hot start. Keep a close eye on Garcon's injury. RG3 on the high side could get you Doug Martin. More realistically, a RB with high upside and the new starting job, C.J. Spiller. Big play threat. Jamaal Charles-like.

af1 1982: Appreciate the kind words, my friend. Fantasy Football is truly a hobby and passion of me. I love spreading any knowledge I have with others, and helping NTers win their leagues.

akademikgenuis: Don't let hindsight affect you. Past is in the past. You did your best Week 1. Sometimes the ball doesn't roll your way.

Cruz will rebound Week 2 against Tampa. He's seeing better coverage which will be adjusted to. However, the drops must be cured. Hope it's not a trend for Victor.

Some weeks, Romo will be the better start compared to Cam. I really do see a sophomore slump for Newton, unfortunately. At least the Panthers D is improved, should give Cam some extra possessions.

Depending on match-up, Michael Bush might be the better start over Bradshaw or Reggie. Reason being Lovie is utilizing Michael Bush as the goal-line back. Means double-digit rushing TDs. Even I was slightly surprised by that. Hurts Forte's value in the red-zone.

Colston is plagued by the foot injury. Lance Moore is the better option at this point, especially with Sproles hampered by injury also. I'd consider V-Jax, Cobb, or Titus depending on weekly match-up over Marques.

parada45: Let's see your projected lineup for Week 2. Maybe I can help (early) in advance with start versus sit players.

SneakerPro: Don't want to jinx it, but you should be fine barring a defensive or return TD. I do see Dalton throwing two picks, at least one for sure.

blakmn89: New England proved their defense is much improved, especially against the run, in Week 1 against the Titans and CJ2K. Jones and Hightower both looked good. I prefer them over Buffalo. The division isn't particularly threatening offensively with Buffalo, Miami, and NYJ.

TimelessFlight: I actually like that trade because of your weakness at QB. Sure, you're honestly giving up "more" to secure a vulnerable spot on your roster. Sid is no slouch this year if Russell can get him the football somewhat consistently. Key will be red-zone targets with his size.

laker4lifeman: Gailey is pretty tight-lipped about Freddy. But early reports and rumors out of Buffalo are that Jackson will be out well over a month. Possibly five months. More likely six or seven, worst case scenario.

nike4KJA05: Are Alfred Morris, Moreno, Dwyer, or Ryan Williams available?

rck2sactown: That's not the worst RB pairing in a 16-team league, worst case scenario with the Freddy injury. Hillis should get more touches in a "normal" game. ATL blew them out of the water earlier forcing Cassel's arm to let it fly instead of run Charles and Hillis like KC should be doing. Ground-and-pound. Stingy defense.

nike4KJA05: It's cool that Chandler is Bones Jones' brother. Talk about an athletic family.

You could sell Ridley high, by the way. Bill is unpredictable with RBs, hope he sticks to a more balanced offense this year though. Relieves pressure for Brady. Defenses actually have to respect and honor the rushing attack.

rck2sactown: McCluster, by far. Extremely valuable in deep (16-team) PPR leagues. Has RB and WR eligibility. Racks up receptions as KC utilizes him like a Percy Harvin-type. Reverses, screens, etc.

That's a tough drop for Tebow. I'm sure someone picked up Cobb already, using their waiver priority. Rodgers was really looking his way (targets).

Stringer Bell 32: Don't get down on yourself. Cobb, Jeffery, Michael Bush, and Spiller aren't must-starts. They are bench value. Think on the positive side, at least you have them and have the option to start them if you so choose. Or for bye weeks and injuries. Added luxury other managers don't have when depth isn't addressed.

AG 47: I like Baldwin too in real life, but not sure if his fantasy value will ever amount to anything tangible or sustainable. Cassel is not the QB to make young receivers flourish.

Unfortunately I've heard more likely 6-7 weeks out for Fred Jackson, but we'll see. Chan Gailey is quiet about the situation, understandably.

rck2sactown: KC moves McCluster around. Sometimes as a scat back (out of the backfield), other times in the slot. Similar to Percy. He gets touches in every way. Screens, end-arounds.

Icy ESR Two3: Morris should be your waiver target, but what about the flip side of conceding Week 1? Let's say you're tied going into the playoffs, most leagues determine a tiebreaker with points. It's really up to you though.

Who are you dropping for Morris?

denni5themenace: Miles, Jordy, Mac9, Nicks in that order for me. Miles' hammy is always a concern and Dez steals targets. So does a healthy Witten. Jordy, I just can't see replicating last year's production, in TDs or yards. Maclin will get space because D-Jax is drawing the primary assignment (CB). Like Haden in Week 1. However, he's been slightly injury prone recently. Has a hip flexor strain and hip pointer currently. Game-time decision Week 2. Questionable I'd guess. Nicks will benefit from more time after healing from the foot injury. Victor is drawing more coverage and opening up the field for Hakeem.

IMASOLEMAN18: Ray and Torrey definitely should. Floyd and Nugent, not so much. Nugent's a Buckeye though, hope he does well.

Hugo: I'd target Cobb first. Then Jones, Ogletree, McCluster.

Rodgers was really looking Randall's way, and he's a monster on ST. Should get a return TD or two this season for GB.

TrickDaddy305: C.J. has Charles-like potential. Dude is fast for days and a big play waiting to happen every time he touches the football. He ran well against a respectable Jets D.

Buc Em: Couldn't you have started both Fitz and Julio? Those are respectively legitimate WR1 and WR2 right there.

diewitsjames: Fitz is usually the right pick over Stafford, especially in PPR even if it was an auto-pick. Best hands in the league. He'll find a way to produce even with Kolb and Skelton at QB.

antj2k2: I wouldn't worry too much about Ronnie Brown in League 1. Q just got you a TD, I'm surprised. Saw him declining this year.

Gates might get you two TDs in League 2. Rivers' favorite target and finally fully healthy for the first time in like five years.

denni5themenace: Who you thinking to package (QB) with Miles for Julio?

Crazy Flip NYC: I prefer Spiller's big play ability now to McGahee. But that's too much, a package of Miles and Amendola. Miles straight up for Spiller is not even in your favor. Try to move Santonio after he got a TD Week 1.

CoolNClutch: It's going to be more than a month. Closer to five or six. Maybe even seven weeks. Buffalo is downplaying the injury and return time.

HdBkNIKE: How many teams in the league? Makes it relevant on whether to drop Freddy.

rck2sactown: KC moves McCluster around. Sometimes as a scat back (out of the backfield), other times in the slot. Similar to Percy. He gets touches in every way. Screens, end-arounds.

They've always used him that way since his rookie year. But is he getting enough snaps to be a regular contributor?

MFTIOA: Already posted this, but he's risking losing a tiebreaker scenario on points late in the season.

TheGoogler: That's great intuition if you thought to start C.J. Week 1 as a Buffalo backup.

Mr4thQuarter: McCluster is probably the more consistent option, especially in PPR because of how KC uses him. Morris was rippin' Week 1 but Shanny is fickle and changes at any moment. Prime example, Royster was listed as top-RB on the Washington depth chart. Then Morris comes out and gets all the carries. Helu was #1 RB in preseason/camp.

RunningFishy and Durden7: I agree with never panicking this early in the Fantasy season. Plenty of time for players to prove themselves. Plenty of time for managers to make proactive moves.

They've always used him that way since his rookie year. But is he getting enough snaps to be a regular contributor?
I think so. Week 1 was a good showing. Only downside is without Haley, I trust the offensive coaching staff less. Haley is good at pass-happy offenses and getting his receivers involved.

Cassel really only has Bowe, McCluster, and Moeaki to throw to.

Last edited:
I've got AJ Green and Antonio Gates going tonight while he has Ray Rice and SD's PK. I think I'll be alright haha hopefully

Should I do this trade?

I give up Peyton manning, Alfred morris, and Trent Richardson
I get cam newton and marshawn lynch

????
Or leave out the QBs? And make it a running back 2-1 swap?

^ I'd do it.

eek.gif

tired.gif
 Damn if I would have started Flacco...

Champ, alfred morris got dropped yesterday morning before the game but he will for sure be picked up with the firs waiver pick up which I cannot get. All those other backs got picked up or were drafted. RB is seriously thin in my league and its only 12 teams.

Should I do this trade?
I give up Peyton manning, Alfred morris, and Trent Richardson
I get cam newton and marshawn lynch
????
Or leave out the QBs? And make it a running back 2-1 swap?
No, the QBs being involved is what makes it fairer for you because you win more on the Cam for Peyton swap. I'd ask the other manager to add a bench RB to even out the trade for you. So Cam, Lynch, Bench RB for Peyton, Richardson, Morris.

^ I'd do it.

:wow:  |I  Damn if I would have started Flacco...
Cam's newly installed uptempo, no-huddle offense seems to be suiting Flacco well. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Champ, alfred morris got dropped yesterday morning before the game but he will for sure be picked up with the firs waiver pick up which I cannot get. All those other backs got picked up or were drafted. RB is seriously thin in my league and its only 12 teams.
Would you post your FA pool (RBs) for me.

Dennis Pitta is seriously putting in work right now though. Might be worth an add in my league since we can start TE at our flex.

For all the WR's that might be in on your Waiver, I have em in this order.

Olgetree
Cobb
Alshon Jeffrey
Stephen Hill
James Jones

and this guy andrew hawkins is a pretty nice right now for the bengals too.

Last edited:
Pitta may put Dickson into the rear-view mirror at TE.

I've got Cobb over everybody listed because Aaron Rodgers is arguably the best Q in the league, he spreads the football well, Cobb is also a ST threat, and Cobb was targeted consistently against SF (a good sign moving forward).

Ray Rice is giving me problems..

but the Ravens D
smokin.gif

Need a good night from Gates to go 3-0 this first week

I think Ed Reed mighta won it for me wit that pick 6. If the Bengals dont score again (which they probably will) all I need is 9 points between Gates and Floyd and I win. In my other league, R. Brown better not somehow get 20 points lol

diewitsjames: Fitz is usually the right pick over Stafford, especially in PPR even if it was an auto-pick. Best hands in the league. He'll find a way to produce even with Kolb and Skelton at QB.
if it was a ppr league i would be happy with the fitz pick but its standard, unfortunately

ravens d just evened it up for my opponent w those sacks + the pick 6... now its down to mcfadden (me) vs. a gates (opponent). really could go either way

Back
Top Bottom