2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

I squeaked out a 1 point win this week 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

has anyone had a bench so deep you just eat the points on the kickers bye week? looks like thats gonna be what i do week 5 with dan bailey

has anyone had a bench so deep you just eat the points on the kickers bye week? looks like thats gonna be what i do week 5 with dan bailey

Yup, have to double check if I won that matchup actually. HA....I won by 6. Still don't have a kicker and put up 84 pts. Not terrible.

[COLOR=#red]check this out... input...

so my boy freaked out week 1. i never ever trade week 1, let's face it... it's week 1...

but i don't know if i can pass this up.

I have Matty and Sproles on my bench. (Brees, Doug Martin and CJ Spiller off waiver and Alfred Morris just as bait for the weak. And Mikel Lashore when he gets back).

He is freaking out about his QB situation... Eli and Locker. He came to me with a Fitz for Matty trade... laughed and I somehow convinced him Fits isn't trade-able, no Qb no Offense blah blah blah... he bought it. I figured if I said Forte and Niners he would Never go for it. He did.

I'm good to go. Brees is my starter, have Cruz, Dez, and Lloyd as my primary and flex WR's.

What's NT's Input, just out of pure curiosity. [/COLOR]

thoughts on my trade...12 team head to head league. its also a PPR league.

just traded kevin smith (det) for roddy white

my other receivers

miles austin
aj green
malcom floyd
titus young

my other rbs

mcfadden
reggie bush
donald brown

im losing some depth but i figured value wise, i did better. tryin to sell high on k smith after last weeks game, although he could sustain it. roddy is a #2 now...but i think atlanta could be good with both of them. i do need to pickup another rb though. his team desperately need a rb.

thoughts?

Got a couple questions heading into week 2. I have SEA D/ST and Im wondering if I should look to add another defense just to be on the safe side. Teams available are :

Pats vs Ari
Dallas vs Sea
SD vs Ten

Another question I had is should I drop Helu (picked him in the 6th round smh) off my squad and try to go after a WR? (Hill, Cobb, MCcluster).

My current Rbs: McCoy,Peterson,Spiller and Mendenhall
Current Wr's: Dez, Stevie J, Malcolm Floyd, Denarius Moore, and Mike Williams

Finally the last question I have is in regards to my kicker. Mason Crosby only gave me 2 points last weekend..Should I look to replace him with either Tucker(Bal) or Walsh(Min)

guy in my league wants Arron Hernandez he offered Fleener and Dwyer I'm thinking of countering with Fleener and Bess for Hernandez my back up TE is Martellus Bennett thoughts?

Got a couple questions heading into week 2. I have SEA D/ST and Im wondering if I should look to add another defense just to be on the safe side. Teams available are :
Pats vs Ari
Dallas vs Sea
SD vs Ten
Another question I had is should I drop Helu (picked him in the 6th round smh) off my squad and try to go after a WR? (Hill, Cobb, MCcluster).
My current Rbs: McCoy,Peterson,Spiller and Mendenhall
Current Wr's: Dez, Stevie J, Malcolm Floyd, Denarius Moore, and Mike Williams
Finally the last question I have is in regards to my kicker. Mason Crosby only gave me 2 points last weekend..Should I look to replace him with either Tucker(Bal) or Walsh(Min)

i'd go pats vs ari

Ok, new trade since my boy backed out of the other one after we verbally agreed to it.

AP and Antonio Brown for McCoy and Victor Cruz in a league that counts return yards. I would get McCoy and Cruz

Mulligans: I want to admit I was wrong about Demaryius and Floyd in Week 1. Outside of that 71-yard TD to Thomas, I still think Peyton targets Tamme and Decker more. As for Floyd, he's inconsistent to the point of madness for a fantasy owner/manager.

thekillerj23: Anytime, homie. I'll do my best to continue responding throughout the season as much as possible. Want to reiterate, I'm honestly better from the macro (larger) perspective over a season as opposed to the micro lens (weekly match-ups). For example, I know Doug Martin is significant value as a RB2 but picking between S-Jax or Jamaal Charles to start this week is a little tougher.

TrickDaddy305: How many teams?

I'd hold onto Fleener even though I don't advocate holding two TEs. He comes into play during Jimmy's bye week at the least. And there's no point in dropping him unless there's an extremely valuable RB or WR available.

Nickthestick91: Hope you get all three. Probably will end up with McCluster though, maybe Morris if your league is slow on transactions.

CHECKS Grossman: Both those QBs have tough match-ups Week 2. The question is will Flacco continue his early success in Cam's newly installed no-huddle? Possibly, but Nnamdi and DRC are both excellent corners. Big Ben is dealing with Revis Island but Wallace, A. Brown, and Sanders should be able to get lose at Heinz against Cro and Wilson. I trust Big Ben more as a fantasy QB. Flacco may post higher numbers but that's a risk you have to be willing to take Week 2 at Lincoln Financial. Ray Rice will produce but I don't know if Joe does.

430 AM: I'd even sweeten the deal with a bench WR5 or RB4 with DMC to steal away Ray Rice. I can't imagine McFadden nabs 13 receptions ever again this season, maybe not even in his career.

Elpablo21: Do you have a better RB2 or Flex option for Team 1?

For Team 2, start Willis, McCluster, Helu in that order. Is it PPR? Only reason I might consider starting Dexter over Willis.

Check back on Garcon's status (foot).

Team 3, Jennings might not make it for the Thursday night game. Would start Moore or Wayne in his place.

TrickDaddy305: You can drop Bailey W5 for a K from the FA pool. I doubt anyone tries to nab him. He's not Crosby, Jano, Akers, or Gostkowski.

nike4KJA05: I'm predicting a scoreline in the high-20s. Chicago's defense is solid, GB not so much. Lots of yards to be gained. Cobb, Hester, Forte, all play-makers.

Bro Deymarius Thomas has Peyton Manning throwing to him and he's a phenomenal talent. I don't care how many targets he gets because he will get a ton and he's by far the best big play threat on the roster

He's the only player on the roster that can take it to the house with one touch. On a team with Peyton Manning on it that top 15 in league production.

So for out of all the advice you have given thats the only thing I strongly disagree with.

Last edited:
topherr: Be patient. Only Week 1. The line has to open up better holes. NE's defense vastly improved. Let's see how CJ2K does against SD and Detroit. Not an easy start to the season for the Titans. Kenny Britt's return should bolster the offense.

im that one: That trade isn't remotely close. I think you're fleecing your boy and it should get vetoed by sensible managers. Forte, Fitz, and Niners D wins by a country mile.

presequel: Did you really just get Roddy for K. Smith? Talk about selling high. Well done. I'm impressed.

fraij: Cassel's not very good. Also, D. Bowe had no camp or practice time. Week 1 was him adjusting to game speed. I'd start him over A. Brown this week purely because I think the Jets put Revis Island on A. Brown like Denver did with Champ.

bxbadboy90: Trust in Seattle's D. Monsters at home with the twelfth man. Would rank NE, DAL, SD in that order.

I would not drop Helu based on ADP. He still has a role to play for Shanny in a long season. I would add Cobb, McCluster, Hill in that order but not for Helu.

No, Crosby is a top-4 K with Gost, Jano, and Akers. Flag and track Walsh though. Benefits from the dome.

IMASOLEMAN18: I like your thinking but it's going to take more than Fleener and Dwyer for Hernandez. That package has significant mid-season value but not worth the price (ADP) for Hernandez.

AllenIversonFan01: Take that deal in a heartbeat. Shady a top-5 fantasy producer if only Any ran him more. I still see a big year for Cruz with targets despite seeing better and more coverage.

SneakerPro: I'm perfectly fine with differing opinions. Do you truly believe Demaryius will outperform Decker and Tamme (relative to TEs) this season then?

Keep this in mind before you answer. You take away the 71-yard TD, and Demaryius had four catches for 39 yards.

Elpablo21: Do you have a better RB2 or Flex option for Team 1?

For Team 2, start Willis, McCluster, Helu in that order. Is it PPR? Only reason I might consider starting Dexter over Willis.

Check back on Garcon's status (foot).

Team 3, Jennings might not make it for the Thursday night game. Would start Moore or Wayne in his place.

Team 1, I have Mendenhall I dont know how bad his knee problem is..(Maybe I should pick up Dwyer?)

I just picked up James Jones, and have Quizz Rodgers, Doug Baldwin (homer pick, might have to drop since Tate should be back next week)...My bench is kinda bare

Team 2 is PPR, I had Willis starting week 1...I really like Dex though

Thanks for the advice

Team 1, I have Mendenhall I dont know how bad his knee problem is..(Maybe I should pick up Dwyer?)

I just picked up James Jones, and have Quizz Rodgers, Doug Baldwin (homer pick, might have to drop since Tate should be back next week)...My bench is kinda bare

Team 2 is PPR, I had Willis starting week 1...I really like Dex though

Thanks for the advice
Dwyer is making a push past Mendy and closing close on Redman. I would add Dwyer for Mendy.

Baldwin did next to nothing Week 1. Russell having trouble moving the football.

Team 2 being PPR makes it closer between McGahee and McCluster. If you believe Peyton and Matty Ice will air it out in the Dome, go McCluster. If you think Willis gets a rushing TD at ATL, then start him.

Trust your gut. Go Dexter. Hopefully he cooks against Buffalo.

Mike vick, Eli Manning or Joe Flacco??
I'd go Eli, Vick, Flacco in that order.

I still don't believe in Flacco, and rightfully so. Vick has trouble with his protection. Looked poor Week 1 at Cleveland.

Last edited:
These are the available defenses on the waiver wire (in red)

[COLOR=#red]CIN[/COLOR] vs CLE
[COLOR=#red]SD[/COLOR] vs TEN
[COLOR=#red]WAS[/COLOR] @ STL
[COLOR=#red]MIA[/COLOR] vs OAK
[COLOR=#red]KC[/COLOR] @ BUF
[COLOR=#red]MIN[/COLOR] @ IND
[COLOR=#red]NO[/COLOR] @ CAR

I'm not planning to user my waiver spot for a defense, so hopefully one of these is available once waivers clear. Who would y'all pick out of the list?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom